Sign in to follow this  
efis007

XP11 haze quantity & clouds color (solved)

People here are talking about these tweaks as if they're all neutral with regard to frame rate. Is that true? Do none of them have any effect on frame rate?

Because if they do, then you're pushing the sim into a mode where you can't report meaningfully on anything else that might need adjusting for frame rate optimization.

Just a thought.  :smile:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Doesn't the log file show these 'tweaks' happening? I'm not familiar enough with what happens when you perform these tweaks, but if the log file shows them taking place then LR has a way to detect them when bugs are reported (since logs are required for reporting bugs).

Perhaps someone who has done these tweaks could take a quick peek in the logs?

Any issues reported to LR via the sim will carry info about offending code.I do not see an EULA from LR that forbids beta testers from using mods or scripts-this is not restricted in XP10 beta and isn't for XP11 either.If one looks at x-plane.org these mods are encouraged freely.

Jay

r.If one looks at x-plane.org these mods are encouraged freely.

X-Plane.org has nothing to do with Laminar. If you use these mods you are on your own!

They don´t offer any support. Instead there are clear warnings: Art-Datarefs can change anytime, without any warnings!

Maybe it is time to close this topic. I understand from avsim's policies that the right moment has come when the discussions go in circles and that's the case I believe.

Hans

Maybe it is time to close this topic. I understand from avsim's policies that the right moment has come when the discussions go in circles and that's the case I believe.

Pffft! It will just start again under a different title. At this point, with all the excitement of a new toy, and all these habitual tweakers running around, stopping the madness would probably be akin to herding cats with a noodle.

Good luck with that......  :lol:

For myself, I'm leaving things the way they came.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm wondering if we may have missed something in the rush to get under the hood.

I was looking at the Xp11 "haze" this morning and frowning, because in Aerofly FS2 (and even Outerra) its so easy to change atmospheric haze under "visibility".

So I go to the preset weather settings, looking under "customize" and right there are the "visibility" settings. Push them out to 100 miles, and haze is essentially gone...........

Is that a workable solution for now?

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I need a working LUA that reduces the haze and the banding.

Can someone please share working settings?

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

For the banding I recommend a one line script with

set ("sim/private/controls/dome/kill_glares", 1.0)

HiFlyer is right when it comes to the haze: Use the visibility slider. I tried some other scripts but they mess other things up. 

Hans

HiFlyer is right when it comes to the haze: Use the visibility slider. I tried some other scripts but they mess other things up. 

That got rid of the banding. Thanks.

What other line can I add to reduce the haze slightly?

That got rid of the banding. Thanks.

What other line can I add to reduce the haze slightly?

Any chance of a quick tut on how to do this ? went thru this with Pilot83 but didnt work here - thank you

Rich Sennett

Any chance of a quick tut on how to do this ? went thru this with Pilot83 but didnt work here - thank you

If you're using XP 11 b2 get the Flywithlua update at the org.

Use notepad to copy

Then save as (all files) hazefix.lua

set ("sim/private/controls/fog/std_deviation_cutoff", 0.5) is an option if you want to play around with the haze. Try different values.

Applying it is easy: Open a blank text file, copy the string and save it as .lua

Be careful that your editor does not add a .txt at the end. I recommend notepad++.

One command per line. 

If there is an error in the script lua will stop and notify you by a red notice in the upper right corner. 

Open the lua debug file in the main XP folder and find the line where it explains which script was faulty (has the wrong entry in it). You can modify the script while XP is running, just reload the lua engine and then reload all scripts through the lua plugin interface.

I tried a lot of these scripts, eventually I set everything back to stock except for the glare fix.

• Upvote 1

Hans

Thanks guys where is the script going in main lua folder ?

"sim/private/controls/fog/std_deviation_cutoff", 0.5  no wonder it wasnt working I editing that not set ("sim/private/controls/dome/kill_glares", 1.0)

Just to confirm set ("sim/private/controls/dome/kill_glares", 1.0) will get of the nasty haze on the ground and buildings - pilot8s told me the opposite - but confused 

Rich Sennett

All active scripts must be in the /scripts folder under the main FlywithLua folder.

kill_glares is for the banding effect (btw also accomplished by XEnviro)

The other one is supposed to make the haze lighter, not quite sure which value is working best.

Hans