Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Carenado Christmas Sale is On

I might pick up the PC12 for X-Plane in the sale.

I also would like to buy the PC12 for X-Plane, but it is not working in XP11 as a couple of people have stated over at x-plane.org. Engines seem to blow up on start-up because of the changes to the PT6 engine model in XP11. And Carenado hasn't said anything whether they will make the older planes compatible to XP11.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Cheaper to buy directly from Carenado than from simmarket.

Cheaper to buy from PC Aviator, on tuesday, and with the added loyalty coupon...

I sorta wanted the Hawker and while I don't really have a problem with the discount, the regular price that the discount is applied to is the problem. Costs are out of control, almost $35. Cancel order!

I think it's ridiculous, I think Carenado is doing a little bit of a number. We want Carenado to make a lot of money, but not that much money. :BigGrin:

I agree - the sale prices are more like what the regular prices should be.

• Upvote 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I don't know if it's an oversight, but although I reviewed which Carenado XP releases were on sale on the .Org and had decided that I didn't need anything (since nothing new is on sale there), this thread led me to look over the actual Carenado site where I found that the XP version of the Aero Commander was on sale.

Quickly snatched that one at the sale price!

Also, since I followed this thread from the XP forum where it was originally posted, it's worth mentioning that I've never really found Carenado's X-Plane offerings to be overpriced for what you get, considering that they're usually more polished and occasionally have greater functionality that their FSX/P3D releases.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

this thread led me to look over the actual Carenado site where I found that the XP version of the Aero Commander was on sale.

Thanks for the great tip! I also picked up the Aero Commander at the sale price!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Cheaper to buy directly from Carenado than from simmarket.

Tends to depend on the specific aircraft and where you are. Sometimes one end up cheaper, sometimes the other. 

sigfile_dva.png

I don't know if it's an oversight, but although I reviewed which Carenado XP releases were on sale on the .Org and had decided that I didn't need anything (since nothing new is on sale there), this thread led me to look over the actual Carenado site where I found that the XP version of the Aero Commander was on sale.

Quickly snatched that one at the sale price!

Also, since I followed this thread from the XP forum where it was originally posted, it's worth mentioning that I've never really found Carenado's X-Plane offerings to be overpriced for what you get, considering that they're usually more polished and occasionally have greater functionality that their FSX/P3D releases.

The Shrike is a 'daily sale' so will probably only be available today - so well spotted! I got one too :)

Thanks

Keith

The Shrike is a 'daily sale' so will probably only be available today - so well spotted! I got one too :)

Thanks

Keith

Yeah.. I fell for that too..

It's not a daily sale... Some text ("NEW!") is covering up the background base text so you only saw "DAY SALE" (and your mind tricked you to think it's for a day) when in fact at the top it says: "HOLI", to complete "HOLIDAY SALE".... (like all the ones on sale) :)

If you were to recommend one Carenado Jet and one propeller plane from the sale for P3D 3.4 - which would they be?

I bought the Phenom 300 a few weeks ago ( without Navigraph upgrade) and then added Berts modifications and the GTN 750. I have to say this aircraft is delightful and to a great standard.

Similarly the PC12 is great with Berts mods but it is P3D V2 at present so you need migration tool or fiddling to install in V3.4.

I'm thinking of getting the TBM and would appreciate some feedback on that?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Be careful to have a close look at which P3D versions are supported. When I did, I realized that there are actually extremely few planes on sale that are supported in P3D v3. I am not sure, but I think with respect to jets it only was the Phenom 100 and 300. The Phenom 300 is great if you install the GTN 750.

Peter

The Grand Caravan which I own is pretty good and beautifully modeled.

I only have two in X-Plane but they're both great -- the Caravan and the F33a Bonanza. The latter has the simcoders Reality Expansion Pack available. My only gripe about the Caravan is that it doesn't include a floats version. 

I might pick up the PC12 for X-Plane in the sale.

Thanks guys, I picked up the Shrike 500s!

Regards, Perry

So I've been confused on this the past week... are there two newish Shrike 500S's for X-Plane?  Seems there's the Carenado on their site, and then the X-Plane.org has a 500S as well:

http://store.x-plane.org/Aero-Commander-500S-_p_516.html

These are two different versions?  Is one better than the other?

Thanks for any input!  I loved the Carenado P3D version that was released a little while back, wasn't sure how these compared.