Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyone tried ENVTEX?

Will I need to ditch Reshade before using this? Something mentioned about it adding shaders.

Kevin Humphryes

Pta 2.0 made reshade obsolete IMHO.

Still envtex should not intrefere with shaders and if yes only with cloud ones.

• Upvote 1

Will I need to ditch Reshade before using this? Something mentioned about it adding shaders.

You check boxes to install stuff.  Shaders is one option (I left it unchecked since I use PTA). 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Actually I think TOGA claimed that their cloud shaders improve performance. Maybe some solution for anti aliasing finally.

Skies that are more blue may look nicer but I am not interested in a polaroid look

The most blue sky I have ever seen was in real life. Much more blue than any REX or freeware blue sky.

I've also seen extremely orange, purple and pinkish sunrises and sunsets. And I enjoyed them like hell.

It's great there are addons like REX or this one, especially that they have such a large choice of colours, from blunt greyish to intensive blue, etc.

really on the fence on this one. I am presently using active sky 12 for textures and active sky next for weather. Does this replace active sky 12? or active sky next. I am planning on getting rex skyforce when it comes out and I am thinking that sky force will do all of this and more and I can uninstall active sky and just use rex. What will i get from envtex that i won't be getting with rex or is it even needed. The screenshots do look nice and price is probably cheaper. Thank you.

This doesn't REPLACE any program, it enhances them. It works best with AS16/ASCA combination due to the dynamic injection of textures by AS16/ASCA. There is a significant difference between AS16/ASCA and AS2012 or ASN even without using this product.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm mid-flight.  Only installed sky, sun and moon so far and I'm using PTA2 with my own shaders.  Here are two pics.  More will follow if I see anything interesting...

snE8jeo.jpg

ebn5BQQ.jpg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I just bought it. I also have REX but use the New AS16 for P3D for the weather engine. I like what I'm seeing so far. Like the interface as well. Well thought out.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

A few more...

vSCHk89.jpg

DnUremK.jpg

gAnsebW.jpg

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

Great pictures, Gregg! :good:

Looking at the two first images in the last set, I see great looking low level clouds on mountain slopes.

Something I am never able to get looking right in FSX. Does it always look so good in P3D or is this due to this addons and/or some special tweaks?

Great pictures, Gregg! :good:

Looking at the two first images in the last set, I see great looking low level clouds on mountain slopes.

Something I am never able to get looking right in FSX. Does it always look so good in P3D or is this due to this addons and/or some special tweaks?

It's probably AS16/ASCA.  It's the French Alps on my way to Turin.  No special tweaks really, other than shaders.

Gregg Seipp

does anyone know how this will compare to rex skyforce, that is whenever it comes out. i am afraid to buy this and then find out that rex skyforce does the same thing.and more. can this be used with active sky next for weather? i dont have asca so i am hoping i can still benefit from it. i do like the changing of textures each time the game loads up but i think i remember wanting rex skyforce for the same thing. i am sensing a pattern here. :smile: