Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyone tried ENVTEX?

does anyone know how this will compare to rex skyforce, that is whenever it comes out.

That's my big question as well. Impossible to answer, right now, I suspect!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

That's my big question as well. Impossible to answer, right now, I suspect!

Adam.

It seems to me that when ENVTEX release their cloud textures that it will be in direct competition with Skyforce. Tim and team had better come to the table quickly as many will prefer one complete and solid texture package worth only $20 than a cloud only app at the same price. But REX haven't really given us much info other than the quite intriguing video 6 months ago

I find that cloud shaders with Envtex and PTA 2.0 made my clouds darker at night and improved flying at night textures big time

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

does anyone know how this will compare to rex skyforce, that is whenever it comes out. i am afraid to buy this and then find out that rex skyforce does the same thing.and more.

Why would you want REX Skyforce when you have AS16 ?

REX have never yet been able to make a weather injector that comes anywhere near what Hifi Simulations produce and I doubt that will change any time soon.

ENVTEX is a set of textures only, that work on their own or can be injected dynamically by ASCA , it's not a weather engine, If you add ASCA to AS16 then ENVTEX will only serve to enhance that combination even further.

• Upvote 3

wait, i just read that it only supports p3d v3? I still use p3d v2.5 so am i now completely out of luck. active sky16 and asca only works with p3d v3 too and pretty sure rex will also. what about us p3d v2 people?

Why would you want REX Skyforce when you have AS16 ?

Skyforce is textures as well, or more than one product, and they are introducing some new features such as rain shafts and tornados. I have AS2016 but I want Skyforce as well.

wait, i just read that it only supports p3d v3? I still use p3d v2.5 so am i now completely out of luck. active sky16 and asca only works with p3d v3 too and pretty sure rex will also. what about us p3d v2 people?

Hi Bosflo,

I am one of the Envtex developers, we chose to develop for P3D v3 in priority, however we try to not forget anyone and we could possibly consider to support P3Dv2 for SP1 if we have several requests. FSX:SE is also already supported but not as a separated simulator, we will add it for the first update and P3D v2 could come at the same time.

Could you remind me where is located the suneffect.cfg in P3D v2?

Thanks by advance  :wink:

Maxime
TOGA projects

thank you for your response. I think i need to buy p3d all over again because the writings on the wall. I'm sorry but I don't know what the suneffect file is, maybe program data?

Hi Bosflo,

I am one of the Envtex developers, we chose to develop for P3D v3 in priority, however we try to not forget anyone and we could possibly consider to support P3Dv2 for SP1 if we have several requests. FSX:SE is also already supported but not as a separated simulator, we will add it for the first update and P3D v2 could come at the same time.

Could you remind me where is located the suneffect.cfg in P3D v2?

Thanks by advance :wink:

Hi,

You can find the suneffect.cfg file in Drive ( C or D or .. ) / Program Data / Lockheed Martin / Prepar3D

Just read the manual and I have a question :

- I am using ASCA set to Global Automation as Full Dynamics only uses 8 texture sets. How many texture sets will be added to Full Dynamics by you rprogram ?

Regards,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am using ASCA set to Global Automation as Full Dynamics only uses 8 texture sets.

Is that 8 sets at a time?  8 sets per launch of P3D?  I wouldn't think it'd be 8 forever.  ENVTEX installed about 60 skies.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

can i uninstall old active sky 12 and asn if i buy active sky 16 and asca? then use envtex on top of that. rex is going to be too confusing when it comes out.

Is that 8 sets at a time? 8 sets per launch of P3D? I wouldn't think it'd be 8 forever. ENVTEX installed about 60 skies.

With GA it can use all Texture sets , but from left to right the same cloud types. When flying in the far distance a new cloud set can be loaded.

From left to right the same cloud types again.

With FD up to 8 different Cloud Texture sets can be loaded in the scenery around you. So left from you a different cloud type can be loaded than right from you or in front of you.

Up to 8 different cloud sets in the same scenery.

Therefore my question how many Texture sets for FD will be added .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Isn't it that you can edit how many SKY texture sets you can load in ASCA regardless of mode its in? (that's the case in beta at least)

I still am not sure if  I gained anything if I get this   software  since I already have rex , asca and as2016 ?