Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyone tried ENVTEX?

Many thanks!

A couple of follow-up questions.

What visibility settings are you using in AS16 with volumetric fog disabled in P3D?
Looking at the shaders option in ENVTEX it's greyed out in my case even when I enable it?

Then probably a very stupid question but I haven't fully understood what I need to do to make sure AS16-ASCA-ENVTEX work optimally together...is it enough that I simply choose one of the options in ENVTEX under ASCA integration? In my case I've chosen 'ENVTEX textures only'.

Also, how will the options I pick in ENVTEX when it comes to resolution and compression relate to the options I've picked in ASCA which has its own settings for resolution etc?

Guess I need to read the ENVTEX documentation one more time...just skimmed through it quickly yesterday.

Richard Åsberg

Anyone recommends me a darker sky (for tubeliners/high altitude) that does not make the haze/fog too blue or too dark grey and has a whiter horizon during the day?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 24.3.2017 at 0:59 AM, mikeymike said:

Nice shots mind sharing your settings in envtex?

No problem, will share it tonight...

is this working with DX10 in FSX?

Thanks!

greetings from EDDW

Wolfgang

Hi all,

Just a quick message for all future P3Dv4 users, all Envtex features should be pre-compatible with v4 but Rain and Snow. As the SP1 is still in beta test phase, you should be able to use Envtex with your new sim by just changing your P3Dv3 folder and use P3Dv3 as the active simulator.

I will confirm this as soon as possible, if everything goes well, you will get my feedback very quickly :smile:

We cannot share any release date for SP1 yet but we are pretty confident it should not take a lot of time now. The user interface and the saves system was rebuilt completely from scratch and needs a complete testing phase. Don't worry, the update will of course be completely free for current users.

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

Thanks a lot! Maxime for info.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Hi guys,

After our first tests, we can confirm Envtex is pre-compatible with P3Dv4 as expected.

You can already install Envtex in P3Dv4 by selecting P3Dv3 within the user interface and change your Simulator folder to the P3Dv4 folder. 
Then select everything you want but rain, snow and shaders. Everything else will work correctly, only the aurora effects will have to be slightly adjusted.

If you want to use the sun too, just go to "C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3" and copy "suneffect.cfg" then paste it in "C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4"

That's all,
Don't hesitate to ask on our forum if you need any additional information on installing 1.0.5 with P3Dv4.

Waiting for SP1, here are a few additionnal previews we shared with FSelite as well as a short aurora video: https://fselite.net/news/envtex-service-pack-1-previews/

Enjoy your new simulator ! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

Hi Folks,

I've used and enjoyed ENVTEX for a while...

Question on ASCA integration - - - when properly setup - does ENVTEX copy all its textures to ASCA negating the need to run the ENVTEX configuration tool again - or does it only load those textures selected in the interface ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/12/2016 at 1:18 AM, dgraham1284 said:

here's a few for you:

31295092846_96b3e658d7_o.jpg

WOW..That is just incredible

Now, how exactly did you get that? Particularly the water reflection to become orange

List of addons + Settings please! :P

I have AS16. do I need ASCA for this? Envitex? anything else? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

That water is mighty mind blowing, probably has something to do with the sky texture being used.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, kmax59 said:

Enjoy your new simulator ! :smile:

Hi Maxime,

Really enjoy your product - except for skid marks - can you provide some additional sets for the GA/BIZJET crowd - the 777 sized skid marks from a C172 seem way out of place...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yes, the skid marks are a little wild, but it is just one generic texture used for all planes (I suspect). You would have to do quite a bit of coding in order to adjust the texture for each plane type. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's