Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

ORBX XP11: What are your predictions?

............. you don't succeed by betting on what is here and now but by investing on what looks good today with a future for tomorrow. Venema could learn from a lot of developers in this sense but that is his problem to address.

I am guessing he learnt his lesson, for the sake of his company's future I certainly hope so.

i think he learnt his lesson then, probably why orbx are planing to invest in all those A,D,X etc...projects and he and many dint see a future in x-plane back then and now maybe they do,

They are a very likely contender to be the most commercially successful scenery makers in any flightsim platform..not a single one of us could give them advice on that front :D

in any case i just want to see many options for flight simulators, many devs coming in etc....

future looks bright !

• Upvote 1

One should never talk bad about the competitors. ORBX saw more commercial value with FSX / P3d rather than XPlane at that time , but bad mouthing not good.  

If ORBX is planning for XP than they have a  lot to learn or maybe in these few years they did learn about the scenery system of xplane which is quite complex because everything is referenced in the .dsf. 

I think they DTG could be the one they are talking of. Who knows time will tell.

• Upvote 5

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

If ORBX is planning for XP than they have a  lot to learn or maybe in these few years they did learn about the scenery system of xplane which is quite complex because everything is referenced in the .dsf.

Or they do what many big companies do today:  just hire folks that already know the stuff that is needed to get started with the new projects.

Orbx, just like any other company, wants to make money in the first place. So if they decide to do stuff for X-Plane, it just means that they now see enough potential to make money out of it.

• Upvote 1

vision or foresight has an equal probability to go 'either' berserk or 'all good', its probability, if it all goes well like in this case; x-plane seeming like it has a great future, then everyones happy,

if things go wrong then well...  all ppl go crzy ......

My point is ; NOBODY should be held accoutable for predicting the future wrongly, foresight vision or call it what you want , it may all go wrong.

in JVs case his prediction went wrong, Great for us we can now make comments on his moral standards on forums, while they go on to make 6 figures and entertain a lot of ppl with their wonderful products !

AANd yes i was outta line saying that about austin ! he seems like an honest fellow who is a great developer , :D i enjoy his sim !

Wow!  I'm completely lost for words.  

All I'll say is, enjoy your simming and have a great Christmas.

Or they do what many big companies do today:  just hire folks that already know the stuff that is needed to get started with the new projects.

Orbx, just like any other company, wants to make money in the first place. So if they decide to to stuff for X-Plane, it just means that they now see enough potential to make money out of it.

Yeah they could hire freeware devs of XP  that would do because they are again amazing developers who contributed without getting a single penny.   

Wow!  I'm completely lost for words.  

All I'll say is, enjoy your simming and have a great Christmas.

you too sir ! and i am waiting on your new jet craft  ! the prelim shots look wonderful :D

Doesn't matter what platform Orbx go with, I'll take whatever Orbx offer ... after just trying KAVX and ENHF in P3D V3.4 I'm in awe ... wonderful job of sloped runway at ENHF (something you don't often see in P3D even though it can be done) .. no stutters with all options enabled and my extreme graphics settings at 4K.  If Orbx can bring that level of quality to Xp11 and LR solve XP11's bugs and performance issues at 4K then it's a win win in my book and good for all.

Cheers, Rob.

you too sir ! and i am waiting on your new jet craft  ! the prelim shots look wonderful :D

:good:

I am not going to upgrade to V4 for a couple of years due to having payed really a wide set of addons already :) Have 5 different sims, it will hold me entertained :)!

Just so I understand some of these bizarre comments ... some (not all) of you want THE largest scenery/airport development company in Flight Simulation to NOT work on projects for Xplane because of some comment JV made over a year or two ago?  And this is good for Xplane user base how?  Sorry, but if you really love Xplane, get over it ... put your spite back in 2014 and leave it there.

Yes, scenery developers want to make money after 1000's of hours working on producing scenery ... something to do with feeding their families/kids and paying their bills and mortgage ... just like the rest of use with jobs.

Cheers, Rob.

"Project X - The surprise package. The dark horse. A big $ R&D commitment. Orbx quality where it's needed the most so things finally get to truly shine. Oh, and it's 64-bit."

The dark horse is a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds

I wonder where is Fly Tampa from all of this?

What i like about ORBX is their 3d modeling and texturing quality, something other scenery developers may lack of sometimes.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

The "ORBX thrashers" on this forum are hilarious!! (Yes I'm an ORBX fan.....Lol)

That's nothing against some German forums with an Anti-ORBX diehard around seizing nearly any thread as soon as the magical four letters appear.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Turbulent Designs comes to mind, and they are now associated with Keystone GMes and have promised scenery for FSX, P3D and XPlane.

I read a recent post of theirs saying they had no plans for X-Plane. Could you point me to this news? Very exciting. 

Is this a thrashing thread ? 

I also don't see why you keep quoting what John said two years ago. 2 years is a lot of time ago in simulation too. XP11 arrived, XP10 got more popular with the player base and a certain part of FSX/P3D shifted their attention to it. Hell, PMDG arrived on XP too, remember? 

Orbx don't lack skills, and if PMDG managed to release new content for XP, so can Orbx and its developers. And this does not mean they will just try to port over things they had done before for FSX/P3D i would say

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."