Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

A Breakthrough

I think I made last night a pretty noticable breakthrough for the final version on Ultimate Realism Pack v1.0. Tried and tested new ReShade v3 and was quite amazed how good it works so I decided to create a preset from the scratch. The screens below are the result of my PTA preset + my ReShade v3 preset, and to be honest never seen such realistic visuals in P3D. Yes yes, I know everyone has a different opinion what realistic is, but since I'm using real photos/videos as a reference, I think this is very close to photorealism, at least in P3D.

PTA + ReShade v3 + REX4 cloud set 02 + my day sky + FTX Global + OpenLC EU + Carenado C337

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_03_53_30_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_03_56_59_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_03_58_32_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_04_00_35_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_04_01_52_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_04_03_00_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2016_12_21_06_14_31_cr.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

• Upvote 3

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Woh.  That's amazing.  I hope we can do that without having to install Reshade.  I like PTA but so many add-ons to make it real....

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Woh.  That's amazing.  I hope we can do that without having to install Reshade.  I like PTA but so many add-ons to make it real....

So far I didn't noticed any hiccups with ReShade v3, to be honest it works great and it adds quite a bit to the visuals. I ditched Reshade v1 due to some crashes, but with v3 it seems much more stable, but I need to do more tests (full flights). I will release URP v1.0 preset for PTa in two variants - to use with or without ReShade.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

great!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I tried using ReShade for a long time but it keeps interfering with both AS2016, TrackIR and even vPilot. When I open one of these programs with ReShade enabled, P3D crashed. Turning ReShade off, and everything works normally.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I think this is very close to photorealism, at least in P3D

It really is and those are some great looking shots. The only thing that detracts slightly is the bloom, which takes away some of clarity, bit that is only my take.

It's amazing! The ground could be a lot darker at altitude, this looks more like the video than the real thing. The video camera sees things differently than human eye.

That is superb!  Can't wait for your new releases.