Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

Looks like a great aircraft to fly.

As I only fly in Europe, does anybody know if there were/are any European based operators that used the 717?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Looks like a great aircraft to fly.

As I only fly in Europe, does anybody know if there were/are any European based operators that used the 717?

Volotea

Volotea

Nice one, thanks. I'd never heard of that operator.

Just checked out the airlines website, they fly to several EU destinations that I have addon scenery for; just need the 717 now!

qoggsh.jpg

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Guest Mik75

Volotea

They have a fleet of 19 717, and they fly on some very interesting routes across Europe!

I didn't known that they also have bases in France and Italy (one of them being Venice!).

That's good for some seriously nice and entertaining sim flying! ;-)

I hope they have included this (very nice) livery in the package!

Can you clarify this further, you mean that  pmdg  and the airbus when released  required no sps  at all?

Of course, one thing are the the PMDG SPs, to improve their initial releases, and another thing are the correction of minor and major bugs in successive hotfixes. That's what worries me about the B717.

You mean, they were "perfect" (no major bugs, and systems working as advertised) from the day you've purchased them, not on the day of their initial release, right?

Perfection is something that never exists, I would not use the word "Perfect" (in fact the word was used on the first post and in some question on another). On my experience, PMDG aircraft and (to some extent) the AS airbuses never had minor or major bugs after their initial release and all of their systems worked as advertised and as they were expected. I'm afraid this not being the case. We'll see, as everyone of us would want a good B717.

Thats wayyyyyyyyy far from correct. I have both PMDG and Aerosoft and both have needed SPs and Hotfixes. And their forums are full of people who have issues so to say a aircraft is perfect is anything but honest.

If the B717 performs like the PMDG aircraft and the AS airbuses after their initial release, I'll be more than happy!. Hopefully it will not need minor or major bug fixes. In fact, the SPs and Hotfixes for the PMDG and AS airbuses were released after several weeks or months after their initial date, to improve them or to add new capabilities (and of course to fix minor bugs).

As mentioned in another post here, TFDi was supposed to elaborate a list of the systems/functions that will be subject to fix in future patches, so hopefully we could take a look at them before buying.

Cheers, Ed

Here is a First Look video.

Nice video. Could it be possible to have another one at daytime?.

Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Guest Mik75

Of course, one thing are the the PMDG SPs, to improve their initial releases, and another thing are the correction of minor and major bugs in successive hotfixes. That's what worries me about the B717.

Perfection is something that never exists, I would not use the word "Perfect" (in fact the word was used on the first post and in some question on another). On my experience, PMDG aircraft and (to some extent) the AS airbuses never had minor or major bugs after their initial release and all of their systems worked as advertised and as they were expected. I'm afraid this not being the case. We'll see, as everyone of us would want a good B717.

If the B717 performs like the PMDG aircraft and the AS airbuses after their initial release, I'll be more than happy!. Hopefully it will not need minor or major bug fixes. In fact, the SPs and Hotfixes for the PMDG and AS airbuses were released after several weeks or months after their initial date, to improve them or to add new capabilities (and of course to fix minor bugs).

As mentioned in another post here, TFDi was supposed to elaborate a list of the systems/functions that will be subject to fix in future patches, so hopefully we could take a look at them before buying.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Well, sure there's no "perfection" with software.

But the original AS Airbus was quite a mess when I bought it, one day after release. They needed 2 years and several versions until the a/c addon became really enjoyable.

And the developer with the 4 big letters had a major bug in the initial release version of their 777, and also in the DC-6, both software I've bought a day or two after it got launched.

When watching the pre release video of the TFDI 717, it looks absolutely convincing, with clear and true to life displays, very nice modeling, immersive sounds and very good performance.

When watching the pre release video of the TFDI 717, it looks absolutely convincing, with clear and true to life displays, very nice modeling, immersive sounds and very good performance.

At night?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Guest Mik75

At night?

Cheers, Ed

You can head over to their website. Or even their facebook page. They are plenty of pics, and a video of a livestream, featuring the aircraft by day!

Hi Folks,

While I know it's fictional (AirTran to KEYW) - what's the short field performance on this bird like - can I realistically plan on getting into and out of Key West (4,800 Feet) ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I've also been eagerly awaiting this one, the commitment to ongoing development and support for me outweighs the negatives of issues (minor or otherwise) upon release. This one looks good enough for me to make an early purchase and take it from there.

• Upvote 1

Other than the major operator Delta still using the 717s.  Hawaiian uses it for island hopping.  Should make for some fantastic short hops.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Truth be told, I think I will be flying the 717 exclusively in Delta colours out of KATL. That should satisfy both my need for realism and my desire to have this bird.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

I bought the NGX on release day, it had bugs, needed hot fixes and was even 5 knots hot when landing in its initial release.

The 777 had FBW issues with incorrect behavior in its initial release.

Even the FSL bus ( greatest add on of all time in my opinion) is not without bugs even after a few updates, and it had a flaw in flare mode on initial release

Ohh and the AS bus is far from perfect

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

These guys must have known I was taking Friday off!!  Nicely done Collin and team...I've been looking forward to this one for a long while.  Looks like the NGX might be taking a rest in the hangar for a bit...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11