Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

X-Aviation issues with download resets

I despise DRM. It only hurts the paying customer. Sometimes I get a prompt from XP 11b to confirm my code. What a joke!

There are so many excellent freeware devs just gladly giving away their work and I have to deal with this ridiculous prompt. What do you think would happen if I did not have an internet connection? You got it. The software and all the payware would be rendered useless.

As for XA customer service, it's the primary reason why I had to decide to stop buying their add-ons. It's sad because they offer some excellent payware.

• Upvote 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Reading about all this poor customer service, me think they should rename there company "X-Activation - NOT".

• Upvote 5

I just remembered I submitted a Reset also awhile ago, but forgot so I tried again yesterday but have not seen anything today. Normally never had any issues, maybe a clog in their system as I've dealt with them for years and always have had good service. 

I despise DRM. It only hurts the paying customer. Sometimes I get a prompt from XP 11b to confirm my code. What a joke!

There are so many excellent freeware devs just gladly giving away their work and I have to deal with this ridiculous prompt. What do you think would happen if I did not have an internet connection? You got it. The software and all the payware would be rendered useless.

As for XA customer service, it's the primary reason why I had to decide to stop buying their add-ons. It's sad because they offer some excellent payware.

DRM can be a hassle sure but how else do you propose developers protect themselves against piracy? 

I just remembered I submitted a Reset also awhile ago, but forgot so I tried again yesterday but have not seen anything today. Normally never had any issues, maybe a clog in their system as I've dealt with them for years and always have had good service.

Me neither but we are in the minority.

DRM can be a hassle sure but how else do you propose developers protect themselves against piracy?

Get out of the business.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

What's most telling is that X-Aviation reps view these forums - they responded to a thread about SMP on AVSIM just yesterday.  Clearly, they choose not to participate in this thread.  Nonetheless, I wonder if those who are having the problems were contacted?  If not, that should tell you everything you need to know about their operation.

• Upvote 4

OK, I think enough has been said here. If anyone has any further issues than please take it up with X-Aviation.

Topic Closed