Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Yes just one pc - does it work better when on another pc?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

18 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Yes just one pc - does it work better when on another pc?

I'd think so, you better run PSXseeconTraffic and RealTraffic for PSX (and AS16 if you have that too) at a second PC.

A lot of people I know do that too and we notice hardly any fps drop (less then 2fps).

Thanks I just posted a question on how to do that in the P3D forum here and hope I get some insight on the method.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

16 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Look forward to the day when I can run it on Win7 64 PC, currently not working at all.

Regards

You can.  Mark figured it out early last week.  Check back a few pages, there is a Windows KB you have to un-install that changes something in the C++ libraries at prevents PSXseecon from working.  I think Nico has it written on his page too (link on 1st page on this post).

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Finally, I found time to install and try this. Took me an hour or so, but worked nearly out of the box. The only minor point I missed was to install Real Traffic for PSX :blush:.I followed the manual step by step and a clear indication "now download Real Traffic for PSX" and install it" in Section 4 might help. I just was under the impression the Fig. in Sec 4.3 referred to PSXseecon itself (bear with me, I am nearly 65).

Otherwise I found the manual excellent and I doubt it can be written much simpler. I wrote a few manuals myself, and it's just as complicated as it needs to be and all clearly stated. Certainly, this isn't a tool for beginners anyway.

The result is amazing, though! On this occasion a big THANK YOU, Nico, for the idea as well for the effort of realizing it. I wouldn't dare to call this a brilliant addon.

There is certainly room for me to play with configurations, and there are a few limitations which might be overcome or not.

One is: I experience a framerate hit. While I get stable 30 fps (limited by my monitor) at empty KSFO (FB + ORBX in the background) this drops to around 22 when PSXseeecon is on swing. This is in a networked installation and it's around the same drop I faced with MT6 (installed locally, of course). Granted, I had to seriously limit traffic in MT6 to even keep this fps while I now have a full busy airport, but I am not sure why others obviously don't experience this fps hit. On route or smaller aiports there is no noticeable fps hit though.

Another one: I rarely find time for simming except at night. That's where traffic in the States etc. is in full swing. However in Germany it's rather silent at that time, I think some airports even have a break at night. Thus, it would be nice to have canned traffic available at least for one day. I know, it needs a server and resources etc. but given it can be done by weather programs it might be worth investigating possibilities for this. I for one would be willing to pay another 10 $/yr for this.

Once more kudos and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I get the same fps hit and stutter when panning the ai flying aircraft over the airfield. I deleted the program but will keep an eye on this thread in case things improve. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

@pmb Another one: I rarely find time for simming except at night. That's where traffic in the States etc. is in full swing. However in Germany it's rather silent at that time, I think some airports even have a break at night. Thus, it would be nice to have canned traffic available at least for one day. I know, it needs a server and resources etc. but given it can be done by weather programs it might be worth investigating possibilities for this. I for one would be willing to pay another 10 $/yr for this.

I agree, but I would be more interested in recording the traffic on my own and then playback.

30 minutes ago, simbio said:

@pmb Another one: I rarely find time for simming except at night. That's where traffic in the States etc. is in full swing. However in Germany it's rather silent at that time, I think some airports even have a break at night. Thus, it would be nice to have canned traffic available at least for one day. I know, it needs a server and resources etc. but given it can be done by weather programs it might be worth investigating possibilities for this. I for one would be willing to pay another 10 $/yr for this.

I agree, but I would be more interested in recording the traffic on my own and then playback.

The it is not live and therefore not realistic anymore and something like MT or UT default.

It is called Live Traffic ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

To me, Fps drop is only due to the AI rendering task by the Sim in the camera view.

It's not linked with Nico's software at all (I surveyed the CPU load of both processes: they stay @ 0% most of the time).

We would see exactly the same Fps drop w/o Nico's software running in background. It's only linked to AI models.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

As Roland mentioned, there is no optimization for PSX to undergo in order to gain frame rate, frame rate is largely dependent on graphics capability to handle rendering of the plane models you have installed. I've been on large airports with 50 + parked and dozens in the air within 40 miles and not much frame hit, but you add heavy clouds with ASN and I'm down to single digit frame rate. The only way to combat that is either use smaller airport, restrict traffic, turn off the weather (clouds) or get a monstrous graphics card.    

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

My next experiment may be UT2 planes. I've been using MT6 planes so far which I had installed anyway. I recall UT2 being ligher on fps, maybe the planes do better. I even have a mipmapped version of the planes archived somewhere. But good to know that's the direction to look into.

I only ran "fair weather" which shouldn't be responsible for the fps hit (and was active with and without traffic anyway). No ASN active during my initial experiments.

Kinds regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I found WOAI the best. Very little noticeable frame rate ht. When the aircraft load, there is a slight stutter, and then all is good. I tried UT2 and MT6, and WOAI won the battle. Very subjective I know.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I tried UT2 today and noticed less fps hit compared to MT6, While MT6 drew fps from 30 to 22 I now get 25. BTW, I don't see any stutters (after initial loading of the planes), but this is running in a networked installation.

WOAI may be worth a try - but isn't the installation a real mess?

After all I am VERY pleased how well this works.

Kind regards, Michael