roi1862

Beware from Fslabs A320 !

Since whatever i write in the company's fourm gets deleted without any reason, ill write here away from their reach. 

This addon has a very high price tag that does not justify at all what we are getting. It has been some 7 years in development plus almost a year released for FSX its just unreal how many issues are still there. 

The company has always been bad in communication and now its no different. Whenever they release an update they fix a few minor things while creating few others. I spoke with another customer who is an A319-A321 captain that told me that this model is far from being close to the real plane from system depth through flight dynamics and friction to the texture and instability of the aircraft. The MCDU is some replica of an ancient version, no secondary flight plan, no waypoint fix page...  Ohh and forget about saving and loading panel state without having tons of issues along with that. Not sure if someone really beta tested it...or maybe the tested and reported issue that were just dismissed as they doing today. They actually telling people that a missing textures in the cockpit are there because thats how it is in the real plane !

It seems as the company wanted to make fast money but not dealing with lots of issues. If i had to give a price tag for this addon i would say about 40$ tops. 

So as the Airbus captain told me : " let those kids who admire them for some eye candy think that this is how the real plane flies..." 

Just to compare it to pmdg latest realese its almost a crime... Less then 140$ you get almost 10 models, stability, endless cockpit options and not mention amazing VC quality. 

Take this just as an advice before buying. Of course feel free to pay 140$+ and find out for yourself. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would it be possible for you to disclose the name of the airline that your alleged A320 Captain friend flies for? I would like to be able to avoid finding myself in an aircraft where the captain obviously doesn't have much of a clue ...

• Upvote 1

Beware of people who obviously don´t know much about the things they´re writing about!!! It could possibly make you laugh, but if you have a bad day, the oppsite might happen!

Sorry, but which kind of answer do you expect, dear OP?

Now this is some top tier level trolling. And despite the incendiary tone, I'll bite:

When I can work through failures/procedures referencing the actual aircraft's QRH/FCOM and have everything work as described, that makes it worth every penny for me. So far, the FSLabs A320 delivers on that front. Is it perfect? Doubtful that any aircraft addon, from any developer, is. But there's system depth there that no other developer has managed to bring for the A320 series before. Whether that's worth it to anybody else or not, is a personal choice they'll have to make based on the evidence available.

As for lots of issues, I suppose that may also come down to one's specific configuration. I haven't had any major ones to speak of.

FSLabs has coded a very complex add-on that faithfully simulates the A320, according to numerous individuals affiliated with FSL and who actually fly the real deal. Their names are accessible in the credits for the simulation. To suggest that FSL "wanted to make fast money but not dealing with lots of issues" is a baseless insult to years of hard work and the many, many hours of ongoing support to make the simulation better. Many of us are able to enjoy this simulation in its current state; I flew it two days ago on a FSEconomy flight without issue.

I am a beta-tester for this add-on.

I believe this type of inflammatory post has been addressed not too long ago, posted by another member who made outrageous claims who tried to drum up support to attack a vendor, which upset the admins.  As a user of various add-ons from many different developers, one thing I do try to hold my tongue on is blatant, baseless claims just to stir the pot, but time and time again, you get frustrated users who make claims that things don't work like the real world counterpart and invent "experts" to back up their claims.  

If the OP had a real issue with their product, this would have been posted in a more respectful tone at the developers own forum and not here.

Speak for yourself.

This addon I have never had any problems with, its the most in depth sim we have. Ive never had one OOM.

No Problems.

So like I said Speak for yourself.

There is NOTHING to beware off apart from post like yours.

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Speak for yourself.

This addon I have never had any problems with, its the most in depth sim we have. Ive never had one OOM.

No Problems.

So like I said Speak for yourself.

There is NOTHING to beware off apart from post like yours.

I will speak for myself and youll speak for yourself how about that ? And i said everyone are welcomed to buy and find out for themselves. Have a great day ! 

43 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Would it be possible for you to disclose the name of the airline that your alleged A320 Captain friend flies for? I would like to be able to avoid finding myself in an aircraft where the captain obviously doesn't have much of a clue ...

So dont fly with Air canada... i am sure they will be devastated because you dont fly with them :laugh:

Roi1862, your comments are ridiculous. 

Beware of Roi1862, I'd say. 

32 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I believe this type of inflammatory post has been addressed not too long ago, posted by another member who made outrageous claims who tried to drum up support to attack a vendor, which upset the admins.  As a user of various add-ons from many different developers, one thing I do try to hold my tongue on is blatant, baseless claims just to stir the pot, but time and time again, you get frustrated users who make claims that things don't work like the real world counterpart and invent "experts" to back up their claims.  

If the OP had a real issue with their product, this would have been posted in a more respectful tone at the developers own forum and not here.

The issues has been brought up in the forum but they either get dismissed or will be address in the unknown future (aka lack of communication)... for those who are visiting the FSL fourms watch my topic about "VC not sealed" . The only comment there from the team was some joke about this is exist in the real plane... seriously ??

1 minute ago, beep747 said:

Roi1862, your comments are ridiculous. 

Beware of Roi1862, I'd say. 

You got some interest out of FSL sales ?  As i said and ill say it again, this is what i think. Take it anywhere you want.

As an A320 dispatcher in RL I've been happy with it in P3D.  While it's not official training, familiarizing with various systems on FSLABS and flying my own flight plans (evening being able to use my dispatch EFB to reference manuals and charts) have already made good topics for conversations with my flight crews to explore areas of interest further.  I was also really impressed with how realistic the sounds are.

2 minutes ago, Chase Kreznor said:

As an A320 dispatcher in RL I've been happy with it in P3D.  While it's not official training, familiarizing with various systems on FSLABS and flying my own flight plans (evening being able to use my dispatch EFB to reference manuals and charts) have already made good topics for conversations with my flight crews to explore areas of interest further.  I was also really impressed with how realistic the sounds are.

Hi Chase, 

The concept of the addon is great ! dont get me wrong and thats why i didnt think much before spending that 140$+ some tax... but to have so many issues so long after release, dont you find it strange and upsetting ? OK so issues do happening i got it even in high end price addon, but why not to post some updates once a week ? and why not to take responsibility for flaws and trying to claim that this is how it is in the real bus ?  

I never visited support forum that often with any addon i bought in the past.

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Hi Chase, 

The concept of the addon is great ! dont get me wrong and thats why i didnt think much before spending that 140$+ some tax... but to have so many issues so long after release, dont you find it strange and upsetting ? OK so issues do happening i got it even in high end price addon, but why not to post some updates once a week ? and why not to take responsibility for flaws and trying to claim that this is how it is in the real bus ?  

I never visited support forum that often with any addon i bought in the past.

I think part of the problem here, and why you're receiving so much resistance from other folks on this forum, is that you've essentially come in and posted a bunch of hysterical hand-waving, without any real specifics as to the issues you're experiencing. My guess is that's why your posts keep getting tossed over on FSLabs, too.

There's obviously a lot of us that aren't experiencing any major issues, but so far you've yet to really substantiate anything specific, so you're being written off as just spouting hyperbole. You mention something about "VC Not Sealed". What, exactly, does that mean? I'm not able to relate any experiences I've had with the plane to anything I can think of that would match such a description.

Don't feed the troll. People don't get banned from forums for no reason. Again - ignore the troll.

3 minutes ago, Nyuni said:

You mention something about "VC Not Sealed". What, exactly, does that mean?

I believe he may be referring to "light leak" where polys converge.  I've seen this in other VC models of aircraft, and while it can be ever so slightly annoying, it really doesn't distract from flying the aircraft effectively.  Maybe it's nitpicking, and maybe the OP is upset about this, considering the substantial cost, but I would have to agree with Brian that coming here and posting a title to the thread like you did is pretty bold, not to mention disrespectful to the developer.

1 minute ago, Nyuni said:

I think part of the problem here, and why you're receiving so much resistance from other folks on this forum, is that you've essentially come in and posted a bunch of hysterical hand-waving, without any real specifics as to the issues you're experiencing. My guess is that's why your posts keep getting tossed over on FSLabs, too.

There's obviously a lot of us that aren't experiencing any major issues, but so far you've yet to really substantiate anything specific, so you're being written off as just spouting hyperbole. You mention something about "VC Not Sealed". What, exactly, does that mean? I'm not able to relate any experiences I've had with the plane to anything I can think of that would match such a description.

So why dont you just go to the forum and have a look for yourself ? i really dont want to copy/paste everything here. 

tcas traffic disappears, brakes issues (must use fsuipc), no fix page, VC missing textures, panel state almost impossible to use...more in the forum...

4 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

Don't feed the troll. People don't get banned from forums for no reason. Again - ignore the troll.

You know what ? you'll be surprised but  i totally agree with you ! i really dont need this... do what ever you like and enjoy it.  AVSIM Staff please remove this post ! Thank you ! 

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

So why dont you just go to the forum and have a look for yourself ? i really dont want to copy/paste everything here. 

Kind of poor form to require your readers to do homework on your behalf, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

tcas traffic disappears, brakes issues (must use fsuipc), no fix page, VC missing textures, panel state almost impossible to use...more in the forum...

Can't say I've really experienced any of these, but maybe I'm just not going over things with a fine-toothed comb. That's also not to say that they're not legitimate, and may be brought on by one system's configuration over another, in which case I'm sure providing detailed troubleshooting data to the devs will only help them to fix those issues quicker that they might not be able to reproduce on their own. This, however, is not really what you seem to be providing in your posts. From my understanding, No fix page isn't exactly a bug - the LN/MCDU OP version modeled just doesn't have that capability, much as I'd like it myself. But I just see that as part of the interest in learning how to do things within the limitations of the systems you've got available to you on a certain airframe.

13 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

AVSIM Staff please remove this post ! Thank you ! 

Great I hope they do. We can agree on that.

Bye bye

brake issues lol your joking. Go away and sort your PC out.

No fix page, countless times they have said that's coming.

After read this the is no wonder you got banned if this is a sample of your dribble.

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Great I hope they do. We can agree on that.

Bye bye

brake issues lol your joking. Go away and sort your PC out.

After read this the is no wonder you got banned if this is a sample of your dribble 

Bye and have a good day.

You still here!!!

omg

just reported you request to have this removed 

Although the criticisms about its functionality in the OP might be overblown, the disappointment may be not considering the asking price when looking at other aircraft addons that come close to the price range. Systems depth isn't the only thing that makes a great aircraft addon, the rest of its aspects - visuals, sounds, panel states, etc are bit underwhelming and could have been done better. For eg the vc pack and wind sounds appear very low quality with odd stereophonics that it feels like watching a compressed cockpit recording the whole time. The engine sound levels are being dynamically controlled via changing p3d sound volume even when the sound cones lose effectiveness at higher fs volumes and work best around default 50% which a developer of this depth is expected to know. Then the cosmetic varying engine sound at gear down unrelated to thrust doing more harm than good to the immersion. A new sound engine is told to be in works, which if any better one would expect to have been there at release. The textures in vc could also have used better quality around the windows and text, but whole of it could have been better. It all contributes to the immersion and system depth alone doesn't cut it, but if that is the only scope of this addon it shouldn't have such a high asking price considering what other latest addons offer in visual and sound department to make them as a whole more finished and immersing experience.

I have decided to lock this topic as it started to go downhill at the beginning.  The OP has left as indicated above.  Discussions about the price of the product have been discussed at length here at AVSIM.  Their is no reason to beat a dead horse.  It's not going to change the price of the product and any further discussions can be considered trolling or doing something to damage the company because you are offended with the price. 

• Upvote 1