For those who may have missed it, Ray Smith has just updated RJAA. This may be one of Ray's best airports to date. :smile:

It's available in the AVSIM Library.

blaustern

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has Ray added custom textures, or is it just an AFCAD?   I'm asking as nobody sells AFCADs, so by default they're all freeware.  Using terms such as Payware/Freeware where such files are concerned are usually reserved for actual scenery (custom polys, textures, etc.).

Best wishes!

28 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Has Ray added custom textures, or is it just an AFCAD?   I'm asking as nobody sells AFCADs, so by default they're all freeware.  Using terms such as Payware/Freeware where such files are concerned are usually reserved for actual scenery (custom polys, textures, etc.).

Best wishes!

If you are not familiar with Ray's work I highly recommend that you go to the AVSIM library and check it out. 

blaustern

After thirty years in flight sim, and working with numerous developers, I'm very familiar with Ray's AFCADs.  I was trying to be tactful.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

If you are not familiar with Ray's work I highly recommend that you go to the AVSIM library and check it out. 

blaustern

Not to diminish Rays work, I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. While it's true that it's freeware, most if not all AFCADs are freeware. In this case it's more or less an updated AFCAD using default library objects to add to extra objects and ground clutter, with no custom modeling or textures.

Typically speaking, a freeware add on airport is comprised of an updated AFCAD along with custom models and textures or a combination of those with some default objects.

Regardless, Rays work is appreciated and he does a fine job at what he does and has spent loads of time updating many airports around the world over the past many years.

• Upvote 2

blaustern

Thank you.  I missed that one.  Appreciate Ray's work.  

I have updated the subject as requested. 

The AVSIM Library now has an updated RJAA.