Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Ultimate Traffic Live (beta) released!

3 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

well let me rephrase....since this ain't so live..is it compatible with Super Traffic Board? and any other flight models beside ut2?

Thanks,

Bob M.

P3D 3.4 with Super Traffic Board version 3.4.0.29 and UT Live are working together quite nicely for me. I saw the schedule for a couple airports and there are 787's & A350's but I have not found a CS100 yet.

4 hours ago, DylanM said:

Would love to hear how it compares to MyTraffic in terms of performance, model quality, etc.? Does it have a built in "traffic optimizer"?

I can't tell you about performance, but 30 of the models are the same as those in MyT 6 (Burkhard Renk):

142	143	380	AT4	AT5	AT7	BEH	BES	BH0	BH1	BL0	CR2	CR7	CR9	D1C	
D1F	ER3	ER4	ERD	GH0	GL0	GL1	GL2	GM0	GM1	M11	M1F	X04	X05	X06

The remainder are the freeware FSX models from the now defunct AI Aardvark (Craig Ritchie, Craig Crawley and David Rawlins):

741	742	743	744	752	753	762	763	764	74D	74E	74Y	75W	D95	EM2	310	318	319	320	321	
332	333	343	345	346	772	773	AB6	DH1	DH2	DH3	DH4	J41	S20	SF3	100	717	721	722	733	
734	735	736	738	739	73G	73H	73J	73K	73L	73W	D8F	E70	E75	E90	E95	F70	M80	M87	M90

Those are just the models, the liveries may be from somewhat different sources. In any case, it's not too difficult to find new and revised repaints for many of these models.

UT Live does have a built-in Traffic Optimizer. One can use either that one or FSUIPC's optimizer to maintain a minimum frame rate. The FSUIPC optimizer has many more parameters with regard to distance, so I would opt for that.

One other point. It should be possible to use the My Traffic 6 military traffic BGL file in concert with UT Live. It will be interesting to see whether that file would still generate an ntdll.dll CTD when used without the other two My T 6 traffic BGL files.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, max2770 said:

...an old United livery?  They didn't update the old UT2 liveries?!  That's a major dealbreaker for me.

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It is a limited  distribution  release, so there's still  hope for improvement. But I'll wait until more info is available. I'm not going to invest in Daedalus  Airlines  anymore.

In fact the old United liveries are not only in the user Interface but in the sim too - and a lot of other outdated liveries also.

I really hope they update all the liveries soon because I like the new options to control the amount of traffic (for example only activate the traffic to and from the actual departure and arrival aiports).

But these old liveries really are a show-stopper.

• Upvote 1

I have a suspicion that the developers are hoping that the community will provide the new repaints.:ohmy:

I'm pretty sure that the paint kits on the UT2 website will still work for UT Live.

I'm not going to shell out for a brand new payware AI product that still uses very outdated liveries. Also, the MyTraffic models that are used (the 30 mentioned above) are just terrible, terrible quality. I mean they're like late 90's-level modeling quality.

5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

This thread is NOT about Nico's app.... please start your own thread regarding comments, questions or whatever about Nico's app.  Thanks !!

Don't fall off your high horse. Plenty of comments about UT2 in the "Live Traffic " thread.  Nothing wrong comparing. How many times has MT6 been mentioned in this current thread.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

26 minutes ago, molleh said:

I'm not going to shell out for a brand new payware AI product that still uses very outdated liveries. Also, the MyTraffic models that are used (the 30 mentioned above) are just terrible, terrible quality. I mean they're like late 90's-level modeling quality.

The AI Aardvark models are at least 11 years old so they aren't exactly state of the art either. Aircraft modeling and painting liveries are both becoming a lost art. My FSX-SE installation has WOAI which uses the better FAIB and other comparable models, but keeping current with all the liveries (and schedules) is not worth my effort. At least, UT Live maintains the schedules for the user without any hassle. That's the advantage. I like seeing Southwest Airlines AI aircraft at the correct airports and gates.

5 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Don't fall off your high horse. Plenty of comments about UT2 in the "Live Traffic " thread.  Nothing wrong comparing. How many times has MT6 been mentioned in this current thread.

No high horse here Julian... no concerns at all what programs are mentioned or compared here.   Where in this statement from Bob is information on this released program requested  ?  >> 

Nico's program is great..the only problem is the aircraft kinda land and takeoff hap hazardly and fly irrtically even tho it is in synch with live traffic. Would be nice to be able to use it with Super traffic Board but has something to do with transponders...The developer at Flying W didn't think it would ever be compatible with Real Traffic because of the transponders etc..

All I am requesting is this thread focus on the positives or the negatives of Ultimate Traffic Live .. simple request nothing further.  Thank you for your opinion.  Hopefully we can put this aside and learn more about the new release.

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The AI Aardvark models are at least 11 years old so they aren't exactly state of the art either. Aircraft modeling and painting liveries are both becoming a lost art. My FSX-SE installation has WOAI which uses the better FAIB and other comparable models, but keeping current with all the liveries (and schedules) is not worth my effort. At least, UT Live maintains the schedules for the user without any hassle. That's the advantage. I like seeing Southwest Airlines AI aircraft at the correct airports and gates.

The Aardvark models are old, but they 'blend' into the environment quite well. The MT models just slap you in the face with the poor quality. For example, the modeler took the time to model the pilots, but they're barely passable as human figures. If you can't do those models well, then just make the cockpit windows painted on as with the Aardvark (and FAIB etc) models. It looks WAY more acceptable, and you simply save on poly count to boot.

2 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

No high horse here Julian... no concerns at all what programs are mentioned or compared here.   Where in this statement from Bob is information on this released program requested  ?  >> 

Nico's program is great..the only problem is the aircraft kinda land and takeoff hap hazardly and fly irrtically even tho it is in synch with live traffic. Would be nice to be able to use it with Super traffic Board but has something to do with transponders...The developer at Flying W didn't think it would ever be compatible with Real Traffic because of the transponders etc..

All I am requesting is this thread focus on the positives or the negatives of Ultimate Traffic Live .. simple request nothing further.  Thank you for your opinion.  Hopefully we can put this aside and learn more about the new release.

Fair enough Vincent. :)

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

19 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

..., but keeping current with all the liveries (and schedules) is not worth my effort. At least, UT Live maintains the schedules for the user without any hassle. That's the advantage. I like seeing Southwest Airlines AI aircraft at the correct airports and gates.

Yes, but if at least some of them would show the new livery...

I'm back to UT2 with these

for now.

I wonder if these updates would work with UTlive (I am no expert at all in updating the liveries in Ultimate Traffic)?

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I can't tell you about performance, but 30 of the models are the same as those in MyT 6 (Burkhard Renk):

142	143	380	AT4	AT5	AT7	BEH	BES	BH0	BH1	BL0	CR2	CR7	CR9	D1C	
D1F	ER3	ER4	ERD	GH0	GL0	GL1	GL2	GM0	GM1	M11	M1F	X04	X05	X06

The remainder are the freeware FSX models from the now defunct AI Aardvark (Craig Ritchie, Craig Crawley and David Rawlins):

741	742	743	744	752	753	762	763	764	74D	74E	74Y	75W	D95	EM2	310	318	319	320	321	
332	333	343	345	346	772	773	AB6	DH1	DH2	DH3	DH4	J41	S20	SF3	100	717	721	722	733	
734	735	736	738	739	73G	73H	73J	73K	73L	73W	D8F	E70	E75	E90	E95	F70	M80	M87	M90

Those are just the models, the liveries may be from somewhat different sources. In any case, it's not too difficult to find new and revised repaints for many of these models.

UT Live does have a built-in Traffic Optimizer. One can use either that one or FSUIPC's optimizer to maintain a minimum frame rate. The FSUIPC optimizer has many more parameters with regard to distance, so I would opt for that.

One other point. It should be possible to use the My Traffic 6 military traffic BGL file in concert with UT Live. It will be interesting to see whether that file would still generate an ntdll.dll CTD when used without the other two My T 6 traffic BGL files.

It appears the more popular aircraft you are most likely to see are the better models for AIA.  I was unhappy with the MT6 models as well and stopped using it.  Can anyone tell me if it is fairly intuitive to swap models/repaints?  I have spent a good deal of time getting up to date repaints and models for my AI and would like to use them if possible.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

34 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Can anyone tell me if it is fairly intuitive to swap models/repaints?  I have spent a good deal of time getting up to date repaints and models for my AI and would like to use them if possible.

All one does is to use the UT Live configurator  and go to the configuration screen under "aircraft". There one can replace any default model/livery with  a new one from any source of AI aircraft installed in a specific sim. I have MyT 6, WOAI and UT Live models all included in SimObjects.cfg in P3d V3 even though I don't use them all (obviously) in flight plans. The process is a whole lot easier than editing aircraft.cfg  and traffic BGL files. I won't vouch for whether it's absolutely free of bugs at this point, though.

Hi UT Live uses,

I'll download this after work tonight, however in the meantime a few questions to the lucky ones able to use it now.

I've read in the write up over at Flight1 that the Aircraft routings are based on SIDs and STARs where appropriate. So this means I'm guessing that the flight plans have all been re-done. One issue I had with the old version was most JET AI aircraft flew around everywhere at FL350 whether they were going east or west. I finally started introducing the AIG flight plans that had corrected altitudes and using the UT aircraft models but of course and unfortunately the AI then flew in straight lines.

Also beta testers said they thought the AI missing overwater was now fixed, anyone able to confirm this yet?

thanks

iceman

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would be interested in this if it could look at my existing flightplans, and convert them to UT Live ones without me having to assign every single damn model and paint all over again. I would love the good "startup AI behaviour" that I enjoyed in UT2, but not if I have to do all of that hard work again.

Interested in knowing this as well, if it can use/convert existing UT2 database plans created with powerpack and bgl plans while retaining old repaints.

Also if it is able to selectively remove landing AIs to clear approach path instead of resetting the whole traffic like UT2.