Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Ultimate Traffic Live (beta) released!

9 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Seems not that much has changed, in regard to flight levels. I doubt that will ever be fixed. The developer will probably do another runner before that happens.

Sometimes I feel that some of these dev's that all of a sudden disappear for months or years on end, then return to see if they can generate more cash.

Hope I am wrong, but there is a pattern. Is this UTL just cosmetic, with a few minor fixes ( like AI disappearing when accessing the menu,) and a nice pretty interface..

The feature of dynamic departures is a nice feature, but lot of the annoying nuances from UT2 have only been slightly addressed. Will more of the past UT2 annoying bugs get fixed with later patches ? well we shall see.

Thinking the same way Julian. I had high hopes for this one.

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I would be very interested in the difference of VAS usage between MyTraffic and UT Live.   I used UT2 for years before switching to MyTraffic, due to P3D.  The models are what I liked in UT.  I would be interesting to know if anyone has looked at VAS if it is close then I might go for it.

Since can't post in the F1 forum I'll post a question here - does anyone else get the can't load ctl_client during P3D 3.4 startup?  Even if I load it manually with the sim running.

Thanks

jja

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

From what I've read so far in this thread this is not a product with brand new AI models but many of them are old ones. Does anyone know how old and developed for what simulator?

Reason for my question is I sometimes experience weird graphical glitches at some payware airports and I came to the conclusion it's because some of the AI models I'm using (a mix of WoAI & MT6) are actually old FS9 models.

I wish we will one day get an AI models product that is based on all brand new models developed for today's simulators and not a simulator that was released almost 20 years ago.

If a developer released such a product I would be willing to pay a significant amount of money for it.

Richard Åsberg

32 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

From what I've read so far in this thread this is not a product with brand new AI models but many of them are old ones. Does anyone know how old and developed for what simulator?

With the exception of a few FS9 models, UT2 used FSX native models, which at this time is the best you can get. I'm sure they haven't regressed and started using FS9 models for their newer product. Not sure if a P3D native model would be any different than an FSX native model.

You can always check a model using the hex editor tool. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I guess you're right FSX models are just fine also in P3D while FS9 models can cause issues.

Would be interesting to know how many a few are and what models they are. Not sure how many models there are in total in UTL but I would assume at least some 5.000.

If let's say a couple of hundreds tops are FS9 models and they are easily found so they could be removed it might be worth to get this product. Especially since many say UTL models look much better than MT6 models.

This hex editor tool you mention could that be used to check the models in some kind of batch process? Because manually checking thousands of models one by one isn't exactly what I'm up for :wink:

Richard Åsberg

8 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Since can't post in the F1 forum I'll post a question here - does anyone else get the can't load ctl_client during P3D 3.4 startup?  Even if I load it manually with the sim running.

Thanks

jja

why  cant  you post  in the f1  forum all  you need  to  do is register  with  your product order  number

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I guess you're right FSX models are just fine also in P3D while FS9 models can cause issues.

Would be interesting to know how many a few are and what models they are. Not sure how many models there are in total in UTL but I would assume at least some 5.000.

If let's say a couple of hundreds tops are FS9 models and they are easily found so they could be removed it might be worth to get this product. Especially since many say UTL models look much better than MT6 models.

This hex editor tool you mention could that be used to check the models in some kind of batch process? Because manually checking thousands of models one by one isn't exactly what I'm up for :wink:

Hi WM,

my freeware ThumbnailExporter X can do this. I have just uploaded version 1.10 to the Lorby-SI website. This version has an additional information tag "model type", which will tell you how the MDL file was encoded (MDL8 = FS9, MDLX = FSX, PV20 = P3D V2ff)

Edit: I have just created a report for the old UT2 models, as I don't have the "live" yet:
There are 101 different models in UT2 covering 1642 liveries in total, all except one (the "T20" = Tupolev TU204) are MDLX.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Wow, thank you so much!

Will check out your tool and the initial report for UT2 sounds very promising.

Richard Åsberg

6 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Wow, thank you so much!

Will check out your tool and the initial report for UT2 sounds very promising.

You're welcome. I have updated it to 1.10, there now is a short summary at the bottom of the report, telling you what kind of models there are in total (number of each type)

This is the summary for UT2:

Models total: 101

Number of model type MDLX: 100
Number of model type MDL8: 1

Liveries total: 1642

for my full WOAI install:

Models total: 196

Number of model type MDL8: 196

Liveries total: 4037

And this is for MT6:

Models total: 202

Number of model type MDLX: 184
Number of model type MDL8: 17
Number of model type Unknown: 1

Liveries total: 5569

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I've checked the complete UTLive aircraft folder by using the tool of Lorby_SI - there are only MDLX-models (92 models) in use!

Patric

Excellent news the new UTL only comes with new models!

Too bad though the number of liveries in total isn't even close to a complete WoAI package or MT6 but hopefully those 1600 liveries in UTL will still cover most needs flying in and out of major European airports.

Richard Åsberg

Hi UT Users,

Is there a way of De-selecting an Airline like we could do in UT2 so it wont show up?

thanks

IM

3 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Excellent news the new UTL only comes with new models!

Too bad though the number of liveries in total isn't even close to a complete WoAI package or MT6 but hopefully those 1600 liveries in UTL will still cover most needs flying in and out of major European airports.

No it does not come with all new models, they are a mix of MT6 and AI Aardvark

The following is from a post on page 2 by Jay bloomfield

Quote:

I can't tell you about performance, but 30 of the models are the same as those in MyT 6 (Burkhard Renk):

142	143	380	AT4	AT5	AT7	BEH	BES	BH0	BH1	BL0	CR2	CR7	CR9	D1C	
D1F	ER3	ER4	ERD	GH0	GL0	GL1	GL2	GM0	GM1	M11	M1F	X04	X05	X06

The remainder are the freeware FSX models from the now defunct AI Aardvark (Craig Ritchie, Craig Crawley and David Rawlins):

741	742	743	744	752	753	762	763	764	74D	74E	74Y	75W	D95	EM2	310	318	319	320	321	
332	333	343	345	346	772	773	AB6	DH1	DH2	DH3	DH4	J41	S20	SF3	100	717	721	722	733	
734	735	736	738	739	73G	73H	73J	73K	73L	73W	D8F	E70	E75	E90	E95	F70	M80	M87	M90

21 hours ago, markmasterson said:

I would be very interested in the difference of VAS usage between MyTraffic and UT Live.   I used UT2 for years before switching to MyTraffic, due to P3D.  The models are what I liked in UT.  I would be interesting to know if anyone has looked at VAS if it is close then I might go for it.

UT2 works fine in p3d.  Just needs some tinkering as per the UT2 thread in the p3d forum here.

spacer.png