Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Ultimate Traffic Live (beta) released!

UT Live is great. a friend did a live landing in spain and the ut live models were there landing..taking off..taxiing..it was nice!! just so you know. Have Super Traffic Board..trying to figure out if it works right..maybe a config thing since these I guess are not live in the true sense other than scheduling. Do I need to install my ut2 traffic again and just edit the xml so that ut2 services doesn't launch. The models by default for UT Live are in the user/app/roaming folder? Just so you know I did buy it with the coupon. So I guess now I am a beta tester lol.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

21 hours ago, duncanodgers said:

Hi Elaine,

Is the program any good? Is it an improvement and have more liveries etc

Hello Duncan,

I have not got a chance to have a proper look yet,  It looks really good though 

Seems to be Elaine..asking on flight one forum if it helps to have ut2 installed per your instruction lol and if it gives the program more models to choose from?

Friend of mine landed in spain and there was busy traffic there. Kinda nice to wait in line to taxi..etc etc..etc.

Bestest,

Bob M.

Bob M

2 hours ago, kurtb said:

i dont like traffic jumping around and disapearing and re- appearing like nico's app---very unrealistic

Imho better than fixed flightplan flights which are still the same way over the last 15 years...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

think schedule brought up to 2016 maybe they will come out with 2017?

Bob M

Bob M

Hi Folks,

I'm interested but wary - I usually test my AI with FlyTampa KBUF and UT2 - with Dadaleus disabled UT2 would max out with (2) aircraft at most - many times there were none... No special reason for KBUF - just a medium sized airport a little off the beaten track - as I seldom visit Bravo's... UT2 left me disappointed after moving from FS9/WOAI with full airports... Do we get more "painted" aircraft with this package ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott best bet  is  to ask  at  the ut2  forum if  you want  a  definite answer

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, Woozie said:

As the dev doesnt seem to bother to answer questions on the Flight1 forums

Yep...this is what is making me sit on the fence.  All too familiar unfortunately.

• Upvote 3

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

it comes with models..not sure? I am leaving ut2 in in case it can use more models? Just have to edit xml and turn off ut2 services.

Bob M.

Bob M

1 hour ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Duncan,

I have not got a chance to have a proper look yet,  It looks really good though 

looking  forward  to  your  findings  Elaine

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

the models 2.4gb are in the program files/flight one etc and noted in simobjects cfg so I guess you can uninstall ut2 unless you want to keep real traffic and just use the models?

Bob M.

Bob M

23 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It is a limited  distribution  release, so there's still  hope for improvement. But I'll wait until more info is available. I'm not going to invest in Daedalus  Airlines  anymore.

Here here.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

I have to say that I'm more than impressed with it.  I tried getting UT2 to work in P3D and gave up after spending too much time de-bugging and playing around with liveries.  I switched to MT6, which was a temporary fix until something better came along.  I tried live traffic and love it, but aircraft behavior on the ground was too annoying.  If there was a way to switch on live traffic while taxiing and switch it off and back to UT after landing I'd be in heaven.  However, if I try to do that at this stage, either with UT live or MT6, the sim crashes.

Meanwhile, the models in UT live are amazing, and there's not much of a performance hit compared to MT6- slight decrease but not too bad.  I'm also noticing a lot more traffic in the skies than with MT6.  I've been doing some long-hauls this week when this beta came out, so I have yet to test it across the US but at RJAA, VHHH and LAX it was superb.  There are some quirks I'm discovering in the AFCADS, particularly in FSDT LAX that needed some tweaking, such as editing taxi lines to get traffic to take off on the proper runways, but other than that, I'm more than happy atm. 

The interface is great, there are some in-sim menu additions, and it seems that P3D also loads faster with UT live vs MT6 or migrating UT2. 

About liveries...there are new UAL, DAL and AAL liveries all over the place, but there are also some old ones.  However, in all reality, UAL and AAL are not repainting some of their older ac, particularly the 747, and some 757, 767 and MD8xx...So I don't mind seeing some of the old birds at airports.  Plus the new models for the 787 and I think some in the Airbus family, if I'm not mistaken, aren't bad either. 

This will definitely involve a little bit of tweaking and managing liveries, but I can easily find some replacements or reassign some of the oddball ones. 

I have yet to see a Daedelus aircraft, although over 1,000 are listed in the menu.  On the other hand, I DO NOT see any button or control to disable Daedelus in the interface, so that should be something that will be hopefully addressed in the future.

Other than that, I'll fly through some of the more intensive areas and see if there are any performance concerns, but I really haven't noticed that much of a hit up until this point, but I haven't been flying to my payware airports in the US with ORBX, some REX, Envtex and AS16/ASCA running yet.  If I run into problems on some of the short hauls over the weekend I'll let you know.

So, not perfect but by far better than the alternatives.  If Nico can get the live traffic to perform better on the ground I'd stick with that and use the UT models.  Until then, I think that UT Live is a great step forward.

Now I'm about 3 hours from landing in LAX after a long overnight trip from VHHH in the PMDG 777, so we'll see how performance takes a hit once I approach the west coast.  If worse comes to worse, I'll just save and restart as I often do with my long hauls to Europe, then accelerate the time to catch up after restarting.  5 minute inconvenience isn't bad to free up some of that wasted memory from the trip. 

Happy flying,

John

• Upvote 1

done a quick 15 minutes

good; when you go into the menus of p3d, the traffic remains in place when you return to the sim

bad; still getting aircraft following each other at 50m on the approach! just had bunches of 744s tailgating on the ILS, no improvement to ut2

those asking if it can be run over a network? its the same as ut2, eg it runs a service on the local machines sim connect.