Lorenzog

X-Plane 11 it's out!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So the question now is what do we "Betas" do about transitioning from that install to this RTM?  I checked the org, the site mentioned in the OP but I got nuth'n.

I don't think so. Running the installer still reports rc1 as current, and that's how it's listed on the "About" screen in the sim after running the installer.

Nothing on the Laminar dev blog or release notes about it either. Steam might be jumping the gun based on rc1 being a stable version.

49 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I don't think so. Running the installer still reports rc1 as current, and that's how it's listed on the "About" screen in the sim after running the installer.

Nothing on the Laminar dev blog or release notes about it either. Steam might be jumping the gun based on rc1 being a stable version.

So what's the conclusion on this? RC1 is the final base version 1.0?

1 hour ago, tgcbraun said:

Update? Use the X-Plane installer on the main folder.

What exactly do we do?

Mine is at beta 17, when I started it up it asked me to upate, will it update it to r1?

Yes, just click on update.

Thank you, it says it is updating to r1.

Great, this means we are closer to getting updates for IXEG 737, xEnviro, JRollon's CRJ 200 and hopefully in the near future and update for his BAe Jetstream 32 which I also love. 

• Upvote 2

Great news! I skipped all betas and wanted to know how many gigas is the download package or if anyone knows if XP11 will be distributed in any kind of digital media (sorry for not googling it my friends).

Thanks,

It's like a 60GB download if you install all the scenery, or as small as 8GB if you only install a single region.  There are plans for a DVD release, but I don't know when that will be ready to ship.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

It's like a 60GB download if you install all the scenery.  There are plans for a DVD release, but I don't know when that will be ready to ship.

For Ben (@ developers' blog)

"If you’re waiting on DVDs, the materials have been sent off to the duplicator, so my totally-uninformed-guess is maybe a week or two."

Been flying the public beta since the weekend it released. I can say with certainty from this point forward I will not be spending another cent on anything for the FSX platform. I sure hope this goes nuts and more developers take the leap of faith. Forward!

• Upvote 4

Thanks guys for the info! In fact is now posted at the org, it will be shipped in DVDs too.

Well sky is still a pixelated / banding mess not good and imo should have not been launched like this - oh well the wait goes on 

It's been rushed out to fulfill distributor dead lines. They could not postpone another month. Basically it doesn't change that much to have a different name from betaXY to 11.XY as long as they keep on fixing stuff.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pilot83 said:

Great now developers can start updating their add ons!

Goodness yes.  @_@   the IEXG needs a LOT of love right now and JARDesigns Tug Master Deluxe needs a major overhaul too so it will stop destroying my planes during pushback.   Or maybe its the bugs in IEXG making Tug Master go stupid.

9 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Well sky is still a pixelated / banding mess not good and imo should have not been launched like this - oh well the wait goes on 

Not sure what's going on, on your end Richard, but the sky looked a whole lot better since PB17...not completely perfect, but no glaring banding effect that had plagued the previous Betas.

9 hours ago, Desaix said:

It's been rushed out to fulfill distributor dead lines. They could not postpone another month. Basically it doesn't change that much to have a different name from betaXY to 11.XY as long as they keep on fixing stuff.

This was posted by Ben yesterday, if it helps:

"Well, we had to _save_ April 1st so I could post that X-Plane 11.01, the next patch, would be the last in the X-Plane 11 updates."

I have no doubt they will continue to fix,patch and improve XP11, so again, I cannot stress enough the importance of good old fashioned patience.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Not sure what's going on, on your end Richard, but the sky looked a whole lot better since PB17...not completely perfect, but no glaring banding effect that had plagued the previous Betas.

Yes, it seems pretty good now. There is some banding, but I see that in P3D as well at times, and other games during lighting transitions. Maybe they can imrove it some more though.

I'm looking forward to the xEnviro update, which now we have a full release will hopefully not tbe too far off.

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

Yes, its been fixed. A slight banding in sky color but that has to do with 8-bit vs 10-bit, I think. The latest  Arma 3 has a massive banding in the sky, and P3D also but not that much.  Maybe more dithering in the sky color texture might help or a 10-bit capable graphic card with an 10-bit wide-gamut monitor?

2 minutes ago, Sebjo89 said:

Yes, its been fixed. A slight banding in sky color but that has to do with 8-bit vs 10-bit, I think. The latest  Arma 3 has a massive banding in the sky, and P3D also but not that much.  Maybe more dithering in the sky color texture might help or a 10-bit capable graphic card with an 10-bit wide-gamut monitor?

I think you hit it on the head about wide gamut monitors.  Mine is a 4k, color calibrated, wide gamut monitor, and with that, my skies look a whole lot better now than they did before.

14 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Been flying the public beta since the weekend it released. I can say with certainty from this point forward I will not be spending another cent on anything for the FSX platform. I sure hope this goes nuts and more developers take the leap of faith. Forward!

Yep.  I'm not sure if you're grouping P3D in the FSX platform, but at this point I'm putting all P3D upgrades and add-ons on hold as well.  I had only been dabbling in XPlane since version 9 on rare occasions and usually returned to FSX.  Not this time.  I'm all in with XPlane now and hope developers will see it as the excellent platform that it has become.  Seems to me, if Lockheed wants to stay in the game class room, they had better step it up.

• Upvote 2