Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

nVidia video driver - Any reports?

No issues here so far, been 3,5 hrs in flight on 77W from FT AMS to FSDT YVR, using ASUS STRIX 1060 OC, latest drivers

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

No issues either, FT EHAM to LatinVFR Miami, most things to the right except LOD which is default.
During taxi @ EHAM it was hovering around 600-800mb, sometimes down to 400 and then back up to 600-800.
When decending for Miami i was mostly around 600mb, and landed with about 450 mb ish left, pretty decent traffic and gsx no issues.
This all with FTX Global and Vectors rex texture and soft clouds 20 cloud layers @ 4k and PMDG 747 v2 no problem at all considering i was using max AA settings in Nvidia spectre.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:19 AM, willy647 said:

I'm on 376.53 and all is well. So why should I bother to update to newer releases ? I understand the new releases are to support the latest games, but bring no benefit what so ever to P3D. Reading the comments here, they only cause headache. I rather spend my time flying than solving driver problems. Just my thoughts

I've been watching this topic develop and I'm with Willy on this one.  My 376.53 seems to be the best option in light of all I've read to date.  Please advise if I got this wrong, as does happen often. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

I thought I was good on the 376.53 driver (with the occasional OOM) but turns out that for my system, 381.65 is the best so far.. Done so many pmdg777 long haul flights to and from locations like OMDB, EGLL, EDDF ( where I would experience an occasional OOM) but with 381.65 - not a single one so far.. Drivers are system and config dependent.

For now - as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke then don't touch it" is what I am leaning towards (unless I upgrade my system in some form)

M

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

7 hours ago, mario340500 said:

I thought I was good on the 376.53 driver (with the occasional OOM) but turns out that for my system, 381.65 is the best so far.. Done so many pmdg777 long haul flights to and from locations like OMDB, EGLL, EDDF ( where I would experience an occasional OOM) but with 381.65 - not a single one so far.

That's not enough data to get me off 376.53; although it is good as a single data point.  I just finished a BA274 KLAS-EGLL trip with the B744 and it got low on VAS during the turn from downwind to final but didn't crash until after I was at gate and shutdown engines.

I'm pretty confident that system memory and video memory are independent as long as we are talking DX11 or later, so I don't see how a video driver is going to help unless it is to fix an earlier problem that was induced by the video driver.  Contrary evidence would be very interesting.

By the way Mario, our systems are so similar as to be noteworthy, except for the video card of which I'm still on the 980Ti.

Dan Downs KCRP

What amazes me is the number of posts asking others how they liked xyz driver. The only valid answer, IMHO, is a negative one if the majority have issues. Of all the things on a computer system, the video driver is one of the MOST system specific items.  Not just CPU/GPU but which brand of card, other drivers, etc.

I all the years of simming I have RARELY heard of a video driver that made a MAJOR improvement. Most newer drivers, unless released to correct a specific error either just add support for newer video cards or add a new game profile.

For P3D users - if you find one that works - stay with it unless you just always want to have the latest - in that case - just do it.

ok, soap box mode off - must be too much caffeine!  :biggrin:

oh, I'm on .89 with no issues.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

What amazes me is the number of posts asking others how they liked xyz driver. The only valid answer, IMHO, is a negative one if the majority have issues. Of all the things on a computer system, the video driver is one of the MOST system specific items.  Not just CPU/GPU but which brand of card, other drivers, etc.

I all the years of simming I have RARELY heard of a video driver that made a MAJOR improvement. Most newer drivers, unless released to correct a specific error either just add support for newer video cards or add a new game profile.

For P3D users - if you find one that works - stay with it unless you just always want to have the latest - in that case - just do it.

Vic

That was a good sermon Vic. Amen Brother.:laugh:

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

My version is a couple of years old and works great. Guess I should download the latest, install it, and then I can join this thread and tell everyone  how crappy the new one works. :cool:

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The truth is I never see any difference between all the graphic drivers that I have used. I just use the newest one as early as I could so I can do the memory leak test and report to everyone else because I know lots of people need that information but don't have time to test. I have time and capable of doing it, so why not. Uninstall/install new graphic driver takes couple minutes, I'm fine with that.

I know, I tell them that each simulator setup is different, so the result will be different, but they still want to know :tongue:

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

On 4/30/2017 at 8:46 PM, vgbaron said:

Hi gents,

Same here at last, on a GTX 1080 FE, left 376.33 for good yesterday.

Tested on a long haul with a PMDG bird.

Clear skies,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Heck, I'm using P3D v3.3.5 with 368.22 drivers still. They work great. But, I only use my computer for P3D so need to update.

Eric 

I got that Windows 10 Creators update yesterday and now just tested the sim with the new Nvidia driver 382.02.

Works really well on my system. The driver is not leaking (to be exactly: at least not more than with 367.33 or 381.xx) and it might be that VAS-handling is a bit improved. My first impression is that VAS is released slightly better than with the previous 381.xx drivers (which already did a good job).

=> I´ll stay with 382.02 for now... :cool:

• Upvote 1

ok, since we have a new thread on the newest driver, I'm shutting this one down.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors