Recommended Posts

The new KDFW has been released for X-Plane! It is currently available through Aerosoft, though I imagine it will be available through the Org soon. From the pictures, this looks like it is one of the highest quality airports available for XP. Looking forward to hearing how it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for sharing. The pictures look great indeed and the feature list is quite impressive. I'll be taking a close look at all reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Launch trailer, it looks really good. Maybe not perfect, but considering DFW is such a huge airport, this is a really massive project to begin with. Especially the terminals look really well done. And LoL at that Austrian Fokker making its way to Texas...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd been following the post that the author of the airport had created, detailing out the progress of it.  last weekend, I had a few bucks burning in my wallet and went to the Org store and purchased KDFW, not realizing that it wasn't the one I wanted.  needless to say, I have KDFW, and it isn't bad, but this one is definitely better, so a word of warning to anyone who may think they're getting Omar's airport at the Org Store right now, look carefully at the publisher before hitting the buy button.  I see that AS is selling it for the average going rate on XP airports, and it'll be interesting to see if the Org cuts a deal to sell it a little cheaper (not that Omar doesn't deserve every penny for this wonderful rendition).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked at DFW for 13 years. It looks very good. I don't remember seeing SAS, Austrian, or Alitalia there though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, domae001 said:

And LoL at that Austrian Fokker making its way to Texas..

 

 

Just now, mwilk said:

I worked at DFW for 13 years. It looks very good. I don't remember seeing SAS, Austrian, or Alitalia there though.

That's a symptom of the default static plane system in XP, which annoyingly doesn't respect airline gate assignments. If you download the Mister X library, the static planes will have accurate liveries at accurate parking spaces, but you'll occasionally see a Lufthansa A320 or Turkish 737 here and there. Personally, I'm going to hand-place static planes from the various freeware libraries to achieve a consistent, accurate. look. It's a shame that developers have stopped placing their own static planes in favor or the flawed automatic system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hamoody said:

It's a shame that developers have stopped placing their own static planes in favor or the flawed automatic system...

Each to their own, but I *vastly* prefer the new system for GA aircraft placement on small airfields. I will grant that for big airports it can look odd, but for the small & regional strips that I build and fly too, it's added immensely to the feeling of life around the airport.

The primary downside of the new system in my view is that the default library of aircraft being used is still quite small. I'm sure in time that will grow, either by LR or by third party. I myself have plans to create a GA library of small aircraft with Canadian tail numbers, but too many projects means I haven't gotten around to it yet.

But still, having a random selection of aircraft scattered around the small fields I fly to has made a huge difference for me, and is one of the reasons why I prefer XP to P3D/FSX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamoody said:

 

That's a symptom of the default static plane system in XP, which annoyingly doesn't respect airline gate assignments. If you download the Mister X library, the static planes will have accurate liveries at accurate parking spaces, but you'll occasionally see a Lufthansa A320 or Turkish 737 here and there. Personally, I'm going to hand-place static planes from the various freeware libraries to achieve a consistent, accurate. look. It's a shame that developers have stopped placing their own static planes in favor or the flawed automatic system...

I know. Sometimes an attempt to be humorous on the internet doesn't translate. I'm hoping that either World Traffic or X-Life works with this scenery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Available on the Org now.

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

I'm hoping that either World Traffic or X-Life works with this scenery.

From the product description: Fully compatible with the X-Life plugin by JARDesign

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hamoody said:

It's a shame that developers have stopped placing their own static planes in favor or the flawed automatic system...

Yeah... because Developers placing static planes on taxi ways and on the ramp start areas and not at the gates is a great idea.  :P   I have seen far to many airports now that have this weird ideology of putting planes out on taxiways and ramp starts to give the airport a more alive look but it is rather annoying to have to taxi around these stationary roadblocks.    The new gate spawn system is much more preferred by me.   Wrong aircraft spawning in at the gates may not be X-Plane's fault at all but rather the airport DEV not IDing the gate properly and then there is the other side of the equation; Is that static aircraft properly ID'd in it's ACF file?   Some people don't put the ICAO in there so X-Plane will just snag it because it is the right airport type for the gate.   I have been slowly converting airports to the new spawn using accurate gate info and so far it is 90% on spot with what it is spawning in using Bluebell's and MisterX's aircraft packs.

I am far more annoyed now at airport devs not putting ANY gate info so you get NOTHING at the airport when you start up.   The days of 10.xx airport design theory should go bye bye in regards to AI.   Please ID your gates.  Please include a full ATC Taxi Network.   Please include a full airport operations plan in your airport file.     I am tired of my ATC software telling me to takeoff on the right runway and here comes a 747 AI down the opposite end because someone couldn't be bothered to put in an airport ops plan.  :laugh:

 

Regardless of whatever... the airport is gorgeous.   I got here often to do plane spotting photography.   I wonder if Omar modeled the Founder's Plaza area where we shoot from?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.4.2017 at 4:54 PM, Jimm said:

so a word of warning to anyone who may think they're getting Omar's airport at the Org Store right now, look carefully at the publisher before hitting the buy button

Thanks I was about to ask if it's the same and what the differences are.

At least this new one by AS (Omar) is clearly distinguishable by the purple AS sticker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please use this post for further discussion

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.