Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

Was looking at a quote from one of the Orbx developers regarding performance....

Updated my system to a GPU 1180 8gig, CPU overclocked to 4.6

Running LOD 7.5 all sliders maxed and 3d raindrops weather set to max that includes 100% AI and rd traffic and around Las Vegas very dense autogen still smooth, FPS did drop to 19 but I have a 34inch wide screen at 3440 x1440. I will ask permission to post some screenshots and if thats cleared I'll post them here.

cheers

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Was looking at a quote from one of the Orbx developers regarding performance....

Hi Devon,
which simulator are we talking about? Is he a FSW Orbx betatester?

4 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

Hi Devon,
which simulator are we talking about? Is he a FSW Orbx betatester?

Yes http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134348-dtg-flight-sim-world/?page=2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ok I found myself the appropriate thread on Orbx forum.

I made myself several tests with Flight Schools months ago. I added a lot of photoreal (only scenery I was able to add) and raised the LOD up to 12.500000 with all possible settings maxed out. The results were in part amazing. While this impacted the performance, I was surprised that the FPS drop was less severe than expected .

Since nobody seemed to care, I did not post this here or any other fora. :-)

58 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

Since nobody seemed to care, I did not post this here or any other fora. :-)

You never know what you're going to learn here... I had no idea that "fora" was an acceptable plural for "forum".  Cool.

I remember some of the experimenting you did with Flight School... interesting stuff.  One thing I'll say about Flight School:  It's ugly; but it does seem to run smoothly with high LODs.  Hopefully FSW will follow suit... in a prettier way :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, MadDog said:

You never know what you're going to learn here... I had no idea that "fora" was an acceptable plural for "forum".  Cool.

I remember some of the experimenting you did with Flight School... interesting stuff.  One thing I'll say about Flight School:  It's ugly; but it does seem to run smoothly with high LODs.  Hopefully FSW will follow suit... in a prettier way :biggrin:

LOL.
I am not a native English speaker, but you should appreciate my efforts to be considered as part of the 'overculture' :biggrin:

Now seriously. Yes, DTG Flight School was definitely ugly, yet it featured a lot of promising pros that I hope will be taken and improved by FSW.

@DTG_Cryss @DTG_Aimee I know that you may not be the right person for the 3rd party stuff, but PMDG just issued a statement about FSW (where it appears that Dovetail is not quite talking with them) and since I (and probably most of the community) consider them one of the best developers for Airliners, It would be nice for Dovetail to partner with them in bringing their products to FSW. 

You can check it here: 

7 minutes ago, ark said:

Unfortunately, Pete Dowson says he has had no contact with DTG regarding FSUIPC and FSW, which likely makes FSW a non-player for me.

Al

Well, if FSW offers the same functionality as FSUIPC internally, what difference does it make whether or not FSUIPC is updated? Pete will actually welcome such a development!

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Well, if FSW offers the same functionality as FSUIP internally, what difference does it make whether or not FSUIPC is updated? Pete will actually welcome such a development!

Bill,

If FSW offers the same functionality as FSUIPC, including the ability to use Lua scripts and access to the sim parameters as FSUIPC does to allow a/c specific customization by the user, then you are correct, it doesn't make a difference.  We shall see what is provided.

Al

39 minutes ago, Azoresst said:

@DTG_Cryss @DTG_Aimee I know that you may not be the right person for the 3rd party stuff, but PMDG just issued a statement about FSW (where it appears that Dovetail is not quite talking with them) and since I (and probably most of the community) consider them one of the best developers for Airliners, It would be nice for Dovetail to partner with them in bringing their products to FSW. 

He said something about declining an offer to sell their products on DTG´s steam store. It seems to be a requirement to be certified by DTG they will have to sell on their store. So...

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

He said something about declining an offer to sell their products on DTG´s steam store. It seems to be a requirement to be certified by DTG they will have to sell on their store. So...

It was made clear yesterday that 3rd party developers can continue to sell via their own existing channels as long as they are also made available via the Steam portal. It is not a binary choice.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, n4gix said:

It was made clear yesterday that 3rd party developers can continue to sell via their own existing channels as long as they are also made available via the Steam portal. It is not a binary choice.

I know that, but he was saying they refused to sell there. He didn´t say anything about exclusivity. Some developers don´t like steam´s policies.

Anyway, let´s just wait for official announcements. I was just overthinking.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

6 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Exactly, it would be nice If Dovetail could have an agreement with PMDG.

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

That's exactly why PMDG declined to offer their products for FSX: Steam, since Dovetail required to made them available on Steam.

For those wondering about PMDG products: PMDG just released an official statement on what's happening for them between FSW and Prepar3D v4 on their facebook page. I posted the full statement in the PMDG forum here: