Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Perhaps we expected to much.

I'm not expecting more than FSX with 64bit, some ORBX textures and maybe improved flightmodeling due to the A2A accu-feel contribution. Frankly this is a big enough improvement for me as a first step....depending on what the price is of course. DTG has not been working on this 64 bit version that long. Look how long LM has been working on P3D and they don't offer most of what people in the threads I have been reading are expecting from DTG Flight Sim World. My biggest concern is the financial relationship with the third party developers and the quality/availability of the SDK.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

53 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

I'm not expecting more than FSX with 64bit, some ORBX textures and maybe improved flightmodeling due to the A2A accu-feel contribution. Frankly this is a big enough improvement for me as a first step....depending on what the price is of course. DTG has not been working on this 64 bit version that long. Look how long LM has been working on P3D and they don't offer most of what people in the threads I have been reading are expecting from DTG Flight Sim World. My biggest concern is the financial relationship with the third party developers and the quality/availability of the SDK.

Ted

It's my fault. I've been looking at FSX for a long, long time it seems, and I would be a liar if I didn't admit I was tired of it. it's so...... dated!

Kind of like being on Gilligan's island for a decade and finally being tired of coconuts.

Then somebody comes along and promises a new taste sensation....... And after a long impatient wait you find that it's......... sweetened coconut milk. :mellow:

Ok.............. maybe it will surprise you and be really really good..........

(but..... I'm really tired of coconuts)

LM, coconuts, Microsoft coconuts, Flight School coconuts, MsFlight coconuts, Orbx salted coconuts, DTG coconuts.....

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

46 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

S

Perhaps we expected too much. We knew that FSX would be the basis, but I at least was hoping for something...... new. Especially after somebody somewhere (can't remember where) posted a triumphalist message about FSW making X-planes plausible world look like something done by a child (or something to that effect)

Eh.

We will see on release day. I would have purchased it (I purchase pretty much all the sims, even if just for curiosity's sake) but getting it for free is nice, too.

Yeah, probably. 

About the superiority against x-plane, you are a bit confused. This was someone talking about Prepar3d. You must´ve seen this print:

img_58a4eae9968bf.jpg

42 minutes ago, Torg Smith said:

That image looks like it has high resolution DEM data. It also looks like the terrain is generating shadows on its self.

EDIT: The buildings are casting shadows on other buildings as well.

Yeah, the screen is not that bad, but it doesn´t have anything different when compared to simulators on the market for years.

16 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

About the superiority against x-plane, you are wrong, if I´m right. This was someone talking about Prepar3d. You must´ve seen this print:

I stand corrected. It was the first quote.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

LM coconuts, Microsoft coconuts, Flight School coconuts, MsFlight coconuts, Orbx salted coconuts, DTG coconuts.....

Huh - I don't see IPACS coconuts on there. Odd.

Enjoying their coconuts are we? :laugh:

1 hour ago, KavindaJD said:

Huh - I don't see IPACS coconuts on there. Odd.

Enjoying their coconuts are we? :laugh:

In this case coconut is a euphemism for FSX/ESP. :blush:

And for me at this late date, anything that isn't yet another coconut deserves a chance on the menu.

Devons rig

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

In this case coconut is a euphemism for FSX/ESP.

Lol didn't catch that at all first time!

On 04/05/2017 at 4:18 AM, n4gix said:

Okay, my concern is whether provision is made to fall-back to DX10 as DX11 is only available via Win10. I refuse to allow MS's Win10 virus on any of my systems. :emu_melk:

I have run Windows since the very 1st version (after moving from Dos) and imho Windows 10 is the best yet. I run it on a PC that is exclusively setup for P3D and only use Defender as my anti-virus. The PC was built from quality components and Windows 10 64bit Home edition was installed on a newly formatted SSD.

I let it apply all its automatic updates and patches and to date have not had 1 single problem.

As an avowed Mac user (do all my work on a Mac) I'm actually coming around to liking Windows which I would not have thought possible a few years ago.

p.s. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new flight sim world runs on this machine.

• Upvote 3

For the announced price, who won't buy it ?

I will for sure, if not for other reason, just to see how it goes ...

Paid a lot more for many sims I don't even use, or used for just a couple of weeks....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

For the announced price, who won't buy it ?

I will for sure, if not for other reason, just to see how it goes ...

Paid a lot more for many sims I don't even use, or used for just a couple of weeks....

It's because they are going to focus there revenue streams on the add-on market not the sim.  IF the likes of PMDG, A2A etc...release on the sim expect the prices to be even higher than they are now.

My guess, you'll be paying a premium beyond what we are paying now or expect an avalanche of shovel-ware. 

Ian R Tyldesley

11 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

New screenshots at Orbx´s page. Will put here the best ones:

Do you have permission to reproduce the exclusives?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

39 minutes ago, pmb said:

Do you have permission to reproduce the exclusives?

Kind regards, Michael

Didn´t know I had to ask as It was public. Anyway I just took them out. 

ORBX is very sensitive to this. I know it having been bitten before myself.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

ORBX is very sensitive to this. I know it having been bitten before myself.

Kind regards, Michael

Sure, I appreciate your advice, I don´t want avsim having legal issues for that. Thank you.