Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

Much ado over a sim that is not even out yet. My thoughts are on hold until this hits the light of day, (or the glow of my monitor). 

The thing I find interesting is that  from both the upcoming P3D 64 bit and this new FSX build 64 bit is that we might get an idea of how and what will work from the old 32 bit to the new 64 bit sim. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

3 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

Liners are out?
You will probably have most if not all your legacy addons available in a matter of weeks. The fact that legacy 32-bit addons will not be compatible out of the box, meaning from Day 1, does not mean they can not be made available for the new platform after some recompiling by the respective developers. Otherwise, how could Orbx FTX Global work on the new platform?

Anyway, this is a more specific answer by Aimée about this:

Great! Do you think this includes my PMDG jets? 90% of my simming is airline but I can't see repurchasing those expensive planes again.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

6 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Great! Do you think this includes my PMDG jets? 90% of my simming is airline but I can't see repurchasing those expensive planes again.

Deja vu. I see something like what happened with early P3D and threads going "Hey guys! I got the (place name of thing here) working! Kind of....."

Followed by some sage remarking "I would wait for the official patch before risking my venerable old installation....."

Followed by somebody exclaiming "Argghhh! Why are you guys messing with that old stuff!! The whole point is to move on!!"

Etc.

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi!

For the flight simulators FSX and P3D it was, as is well known, very easy to bring geodata into the simulator and to achieve with relatively little effort good results. For me, the question of the transmittance of FSW for developers is therefore very important. Will the SDK be free, similar to FSX and P3D? Or does it have to be paid for a license, what does it look like for freeware developers?

Best regards
Christian

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

OMG, this sounds like the Main Stream News Media and the Trump Administration LOL 

Geez, just give them a chance. 

• Upvote 1

For the critics:

Think about how many versions and years it took to get FSX (and P3D) to it's current state.

Think about why a huge conglomerate like Lockheed-Martin chose the ESP (FSX) base code to continue work on it's own commercial simulator.

Think about how many software programs released in 2005 with no new versions are still being actively used today.

Compare the scope and underlying functionality of FSX/P3D with Flight, X-Plane, AeroFlyFS2, and any other competitor.

Do you really, honestly think it was a bad decision to use FSX as the base for FSW?

Personally, I believe it's the best decision that DTG could ever have made.  Will be interesting to see how well they've followed through on an excellent strategy.

• Upvote 5

I get the feeling the new default aircraft will be pretty advanced due to the inclusion of AccuFeel by default and statements about every switch being clickable (and I hope that means functioning as well).

Maybe its just that other developers would have to learn the A2A Accufeel way and whether that's right or wrong (because other companies certainly have done excellent jobs in creating realistic aircraft imo), it is what it is.

We have the disadvantage of seeing FSW through eyes that have already seen Orbx and A2A and RealAir and such.

I think this could be a really good new base sim for a lot of people. I hope to not be let down again.

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

To everyone moaning about landclass not being updated etc, thats called DLC opportunity! Selling the sim itself wont monetise their investment but the DLC content will.  Interestingly they have said devs can sell addons independently as long as they are sold on steam as well, so DTG are at least learning from MS's worst mistakes....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, KavindaJD said:

That was posted last year in February. So in a year, Dovetail managed to persuade a bunch of third party developers to give up some of their content so that you could release it as part of the base game. Are you purposely not investing in innovating a new brand because you think that the risk will set you back (in terms of revenue)? I ask this, because every time the community asks for something new, your answer has always been FSX....

I'm sorry, but a repackaged 64-bit FSX with 3rd party addons, is not a worthwhile investment.

We are not innovating a new engine because it would literally take years and years. We gave ourselves a leg up with FSX because even ten years from now it is good technology. This is FSX being used as a base for a new sim which we are intending on expanding and improving upon for a long, long time. 

That being said, if an updated FSX based sim with 3PP add-ons isn't for you, that is okay too :happy:

• Upvote 7

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Thanks Aimee. I appreciate the time that you have taken to reply to my questions.

I guess I set my expectations way too high. For now, I will wait and definitely get involved in the Early Access when it becomes available. Can't wait to see what the sim has to offer... :happy:

2 hours ago, KavindaJD said:

I'm sorry, but a repackaged 64-bit FSX with 3rd party addons, is not a worthwhile investment.

What on earth has given you the idea that is all which has been done? Did you miss the part where they have quite obviously refactored the entire rendering part of the engine to use PBR? That is just one of many new things being introduced.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

What on earth has given you the idea that is all which has been done? Did you miss the part where they have quite obviously refactored the entire rendering part of the engine to use PBR? That is just one of many new things being introduced.

That's not new at all. DTG used PBR technology in Flight School - we've seen most of this before.

• Upvote 4

No no no....not yet. My PC is broken. 

I am excited about this announcement and really hope my PC is up and running when early access begins. 

I really hope you guys take the community seriously and work with all the amazing 3rd party devs that kept FSX alive.

The flight sim community are a funny bunch so you guys at Dovetail better bring your A game. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Hopefully they will be able to integrate VR into this simulator sooner than later. We really need native VR in our sims at this point, as its the case in DCS and even in AeroFly2. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

14 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

From the images look like old issues of popping autogen and blurried textures at distance remain unresolved  at the moment

First thing I noticed too. I sure hope they can fix this (and LM too, if they ever move P3D to 64 bits). There's no excuse for pop-in and blurries when you have a 64-bit address space to play with.

But it's early days, I guess. I hope this sim is successful, because we could use more serious competition in this market.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor