Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

FSW Free for Flight School Users

12 hours ago, Griphos said:

I'm still betting that people will be attracted to a new sim that's got more features in the base game for a decently low price, than an older sim that you have to spend a lot more money on DLC for to bring it up to the same quality as the newer sim, whatever that quality will wind up being.  Particularly if both are on the same sales platform.

But you're missing the point that most of us have already spent that money on the add-ons so it's not something that we'll need to do. I hope that I'm wrong, but from what I've seen in the promotional video, it's FSW that will need bringing up to the same quality as what most of us have now.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm not missing that point.  Most of us have, sure.  We're only a fraction of the intended customer base.  As I've said several times,  new flight sims, like FSW, are looking for new flight simmers.  I pity any new flight sim developer whose business model is aimed at existing flight simmers only.  

And many of us who already have spent lots of money and improved FSX/P3D far beyond base will be willing to spend more money on a new sim without all the headaches of our aging platform, I'm guessing as well.  

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

And many of us who already have spent lots of money and improved FSX/P3D far beyond base will be willing to spend more money on a new sim without all the headaches of our aging platform, I'm guessing as well.

Obviously it's only my opinion, but I'm not quite so sure. It's going to have to be something special to tempt users into a whole new phase of spending! I'm sure it will have a new set of headaches all of it's own for some time after it goes live - "early release" has ominous overtones in the software world.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Great news for us who bought Flight School. Thanks! Looking forward to a new 64 bit player where I can now stretch out my Orbx and graphics stuff to its max and stop playing the VAS game (bye P3D and FSX).

CPU: i7-7700k, 16 GB  ZOTAC 1080 Extreme 8gb

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

40 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Looking forward to a new 64 bit player where I can now stretch out my Orbx and graphics stuff to its max and stop playing the VAS game (bye P3D and FSX).

Given your Orbx and graphics stuff will be available.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

As someone who will benefit from the give away, thank you DTG, I look forward to trying it out.

I note someone said in an early post see how long will it be before the complainers start, well I am not complaining as I have not yet seen the product, I do have the concern of others though regarding add-ons.

The current word going around is that DTG will allow third party add-ons with two proviso's.  The first being that all add-ons are applied and run via Steam and second that they are purchased directly from DTG's own online steam store.  In itself that does not sound to bad, until you realise that Steam on average takes a fair size percentage cut on sales and DTG will also want a cut for selling other peoples add-on's.  Can you really see PMDG and A2A to name just a couple of top developers, designing top study level aircraft, to have someone else take so much of their profit straight off or are we happy to pay 40-50% more for the products to compensate the developer for their loss, not to mention we would be able to buy the same product on a different platform far cheaper.

Dovetail, you say you want to work with and understand the community, a huge thing to know is, if you do not allow these add-on software developers to charge and receive recompense for all of the development work that goes into a top end study level aircraft, they will just develop for the other platforms and sad to say many people will follow them.  Do not make such a basic mistake at this early stage, please.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carpe Diem said:

As someone who will benefit from the give away, thank you DTG, I look forward to trying it out.

I note someone said in an early post see how long will it be before the complainers start, well I am not complaining as I have not yet seen the product, I do have the concern of others though regarding add-ons.

The current word going around is that DTG will allow third party add-ons with two proviso's.  The first being that all add-ons are applied and run via Steam and second that they are purchased directly from DTG's own online steam store.  In itself that does not sound to bad, until you realise that Steam on average takes a fair size percentage cut on sales and DTG will also want a cut for selling other peoples add-on's.  Can you really see PMDG and A2A to name just a couple of top developers, designing top study level aircraft, to have someone else take so much of their profit straight off or are we happy to pay 40-50% more for the products to compensate the developer for their loss, not to mention we would be able to buy the same product on a different platform far cheaper.

Dovetail, you say you want to work with and understand the community, a huge thing to know is, if you do not allow these add-on software developers to charge and receive recompense for all of the development work that goes into a top end study level aircraft, they will just develop for the other platforms and sad to say many people will follow them.  Do not make such a basic mistake at this early stage, please.

The DTG business model with their core product, their train simulator, is to generate a constant flow of income from their sales of add ons. This is how they generate a revenue stream to support their programmers. In my experience, very few of these programmers work on bug fixes, and upgrading existing products, they are working on what will go on sale tomorrow. I think people will be in for a rude awakening when they purchase add on X, find out that some things in the add on don't work right from the start, and have to adjust to that when fixes just don't happen. I went down that road for a couple of years with their train sim, and finally put it in the recycle bin. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Carpe Diem said:

@Carpe DiemYour informations are wrong! All 3rd party devs can sell addons in the market they want (even at a garage sell) as long as they also offer a STEAM installer!

So you as a user will have the opportunity to choose if you want it to buy on STEAM or on another store!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

On 5/7/2017 at 7:47 AM, fsxkitty said:

They'll make most of their revenue from DLC sales. The more people who own FSW, the more potential customers.

If that's the case then why not just give a free copy to anyone who bought FSX:SE, it would dramatically improve the size of potential DLC customers. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

They will likely put it on sale for a pittance regularly to everyone once they have a range of DLC to sell.  At least if they follow their usual practice. 

Further, if they follow their practice with respect to FSX:SE, then, unlike Train Sim, much of the DLC will be third party, not in house. 

Time will tell, of course. 

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The DTG business model with their core product, their train simulator, is to generate a constant flow of income from their sales of add ons. This is how they generate a revenue stream to support their programmers. In my experience, very few of these programmers work on bug fixes, and upgrading existing products, they are working on what will go on sale tomorrow. I think people will be in for a rude awakening when they purchase add on X, find out that some things in the add on don't work right from the start, and have to adjust to that when fixes just don't happen. I went down that road for a couple of years with their train sim, and finally put it in the recycle bin. 

I do agree that DTG's train simulator seems to focus more on quantity than quality when comes to dlc. I have spent $100s on dlc that still have nagging issues, like flashing station lights at night.

I would hope, however, that the strong community feedback regarding flight school and the demise of MS flight due to the community backlash will dictate how DTG supports FSW in the future. The Flight sim community (IMO) is much more vocal than the train sim community, and the competition here is also tougher. 

How to apply for the free FSW issue.

Flight School user.

1 hour ago, Jorog said:

How to apply for the free FSW issue.

Flight School user.

Check your Steam Library. Flight Sim World should appear in your games list.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals