Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's Official Position on DTG's: FSW, pending P3D update, etc...

12 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

If you have questions about X-Plane, how about asking them in a thread related to X-Plane?  This thread, as described in the title, is specifically about DTG and P3D. 

Let me see if I interpreted your post correctly. I too am curious about what the future holds for XP and if PMDG will start making their glorious airliners compatible with it. 

In your post did you mean for us to create a X-Plane questions thread in the PMDG forums? Or did you mean to head on over to the X-Plane forums and ask there?

If the latter is true, how would X-Plane devs know what you guys have in store?

Confused.

Angelo,

Let me see if I can clarify:   THIS THREAD is specific to the topic outlined in the title. (DTG and P3D)

If you have questions about a different topic, then create a thread and ask them, or post them in an eisting thread related to that topic.

(We have said many times:  We publish official updates when we have something to share.  If we don't share it- it means we don't have anything to say...)

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

18 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Rishi,

Ever heard the advice:  "Don't post while angry?"

Yeah...  Is good advice you probably should follow.

If you have questions about X-Plane, how about asking them in a thread related to X-Plane?  This thread, as described in the title, is specifically about DTG and P3D.  So the fact that you found no information about XPL shouldn't have come as a surprise to you when you read it.

Also- PLEASE try to avoid making ill informed conjecture and guesses about what anyone on this development team has read, hasn't read, or the reasons why.

You just make yourself sound like a petulant, angry forum troll- and we wouldn't want someone to presume that about you if it isn't actually the case.

Engage in discussion.  Ask questions.  Be civil.  It actually works.

Hi Robert,

Sorry about that, got ahead of myself but managed to calm down lol

Cheers,

-Rishi

-Rishi Shah

I7 4770K @ 3.5 ghz, GTX 970 4 gb, 256 gb SSD, 16 gb RAM, MSI Z87-G41 Motherboard, 650 watt PSU

Banner_MJC5.png

36.jpg

Awesome news to hear that the DC-6 is nearly completed for P3D/FSX! Guess I will have to start visiting the site a little more often to make sure I don't miss it when it lands.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if PMDG is still going on the Boeing/McDonnell Douglas line with their new secret project.. Wouldn't mind a brazilian sidekick :laugh:

• Upvote 1

2017 is offering some very interesting new developments in Flight Simulation, I remember that dark abyss the days after Microsoft announced they would no longer be developing for flight simulation and I wondered would we ever see another flight simulator aimed at not only beginner sim pilots but also advanced sim pilots. However several years after that it appears our world is not only getting improved upon in a new light, but also giving us some great new things to be excited about. 

I very much look forward to what LM have in store for us this year - or in the coming weeks (fingers crossed!) I think the majority of flight simmers are anticipating big news when it comes to the next P3D and hoping that our worries and woes about 32 bit simming will be a thing of the past. Between then and now I can only dream of flying the 747 V3, (no I haven't purchased it 'YET'). 

Thanks for the update!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The solution is simple, just price Steam channel +30% than PMDG official store 🙂

Anyway, FSW is going to be an old dx11 product, better, imo Robert, to focus on P3D v4 that might come with old dx11 as well but it has a powerful, skilled and experienced software house behind, LM.

DT are quite far from the simulation aspect and they are mainly GA oriented, they try to catch the novice GA colored plane kid pilot rather then the great PMDG high fidelity gorgeous level expert counterpart.

ps in your future products please add rain glass shield fxs, thx 🙂

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Angelo,

Let me see if I can clarify:   THIS THREAD is specific to the topic outlined in the title. (DTG and P3D)

If you have questions about a different topic, then create a thread and ask them, or post them in an eisting thread related to that topic.

(We have said many times:  We publish official updates when we have something to share.  If we don't share it- it means we don't have anything to say...)

As much I respect what you are saying and I feel that we actually need more diplomatic and calmer topic and forum writing, I must add one last question about XP, if I can? 

If I start a topic over at XP forum and ask the following question, "Will there be more PMDG aircraft other than DC6 in XP?" the answer will directly be diverted and not straight forward answered. Maybe it's because you guys are actually are developing more PMDG aircrafts for XP or the opposite. I don't know. But what I trying to say is. This question will come more and more, and much more now that your topic is about P3D and the less then 2 days official release of DTG. We all are eager to know. Because we love your products. Simple as that. :) 

Sebastian Björk - Stockholm, Sweden

Interesting read as always. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the -8 and super curious about what else you guys are up to behind the scene. Keep up the good work!

Awesome news regarding the -8, can't wait to take it to the skies in AirBridgeCargo livery, out of UUEE!

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

THIS THREAD is specific to the topic outlined in the title. (DTG and P3D)

Well, the thread title is called "DTG's: FSW, pending P3D update, etc..." -- I think those who asked, incl. me, were thinking that "etc" might include some remark about X-Plane ;)

• Upvote 3

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

The great virtue of the years lived is the experience of listening more and then commenting.
Besides aviation and simulation, I have also been a radio amateur for many years. That's why I learned to listen more than talk.
Mr. Rsandazzo has already summarized what we most wanted to know:
The period is very unstable due to the changes of the platforms, (P3D example).
We have known the policy of the PMDG for a long time, and I am sure of the official position to accompany this development. Incidentally, it is already stated that there will be no additional costs. I will wait with patience for the good moments that are to come.
My opinion, sorry.
Thanks for the update.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

41 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Well, the thread title is called "DTG's: FSW, pending P3D update, etc..." -- I think those who asked, incl. me, were thinking that "etc" might include some remark about X-Plane ;)

As previously alluded to, if there was anything to be said on the topic it would have been said.

David Porrett

Just a quick question, will PMDG be at flightsimcon this year to talk about future products?

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA