rsrandazzo

PMDG's Official Position on DTG's: FSW, pending P3D update, etc...

76 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow... first one.

OT: Thanks for the update, Robert! Much appreciated!

Exciting Times indeed, I am personally invested in P3D so will go the V4 as my main sim at this time

I can't wait to see what else PMDG has been working on, personally I hope it is a 2 engine aircraft fondly known as the flying pencil!

Best Regard

Peter

From the DTG forum here on Avsim:

On 5/3/2017 at 11:38 AM, DTG_Aimee said:

In order to market as an official FSW add-on, you will be able to sell your add-ons on your own store as long as it is made available on the Dovetail channels as well.

And Rob above:

28 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

If the market will require participation through a market controlled channel such as steam, the likelihood of our support diminishes rather significantly depending upon the costs of doing business through that channel.

Hope the parties can come to an agreement...

Happy to see that but I stand with PMDG I don't believed they should be arm wrestled into the STEAM store. 

7 minutes ago, PinkJackal said:

No update for X-Plane?????????? :mellow:

I agree it would be nice to at least get one or two lines about X-Plane. At least if an update of the DC-6 for XP11 is planned. Or even if PMDG decides to not further invest in XP.

As for the others, i was hoping to see something about XP. Still hoping for that.

As for Steam, it really depends on how much of a cut it takes. Back then, on another game DLC, i heard of a 30% cut from every sold copy. But in this case they will have to factor in the DTG cut too i assume. Either way, Steam has an enormous pool of users they shoudn't stay out of nowadays. Especially since DTG still allows them to sell their addon also on their site and not claim as exclusive the sale on Steam

Thanks for the informative update. Yes exciting times ahead after the doom and gloom from a few years ago. 

However its kind of disappointing, that DTG hasnt made a concerted effort to give developers, especially mainstream ones, early access alpha and beta already for their input, and to prepare what may lie ahead. This just delays having our favorite addons even further after the core is released.  Hope there is some amicable solution soon.  As Francesco mentioned, I read the other thread saying that products can be sold on developers own channel so long as the steam version is also on as stated by Aimee. Of course it all depends on what terms is required and how it impacts the business side of things. All the best to future endeavors.

THANK you for the update....really appreciated.

FaxCap

It's funny that you mention DTG but NOT XP. It's annoying me!

I love PMDG when I had FSX and spent HOURS flying The NGX and the T7 but now I'm in XP.

No mention of XP?! Really? I doubt you guys read it's SDK since it's so different than FSX and thus you try to avoid it! I love your products for P3D (except your absurd pricing-literally shows how greedy FS has become) but now since I've switched to XP, it's annoying me that you guys avoid talking about XP 

Saying that your 747 won't work in XP since its a resource hog is complete baloney, since apparently it will run in a 10 year old program and ONCE AGAIN nope, we won't read the SDK! You used the DC-6 as a test bed for XP then NEVER mentioned it again! You won't read XP's SDK since you want to please the P3D community and not us.

I feel that you purposely made a aircraft that barely appeals to everyone-hardly any videos of it and the hype died a month after its release (a DC-6, no one will fly it and again it shows your lack of support towards XP you basically looked at its DC-6 sales, saw they were bad and just left XP for good.

Future Platforms?! XP is the future! 
If you make products for XP, TONS, literally TONS of people will leave P3D for good and more $$$ will come (FS only care about $$$ and nothing else)

When I had FSX/P3D, I LOVED your products :)

Basically what I'm trying to say is that PMDG won't test further in XP simply because it's a new world and there is a learning curve and they'll lose out on money

Will this get deleted now? Hopefully not

FS used to about pleasing both sides of the community, now it's just about profit

Sorry for the long post, I was pretty angry

Thank you Robert for the news on P3D and FSW.  I, however, would like to see a post about your official stance on X-Plane 10 and 11 going forward.  Even it if is not in favor of it at least to me the wondering will be over.  :-)

There are 3 platforms that are potential platforms for the future, and X-plane is just one of them. Your choice to fly a particular platform is your choice and I don't think demanding for an update is proper protocol. 

I would suggest that you use all platforms that you enjoy flying with and be happy about the future of Flight-Simming regardless of the platform that a developers chooses to build for.