Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's Official Position on DTG's: FSW, pending P3D update, etc...

Thanks for the update ! Credit Card ready for the DC6...:gaul:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Looking forward to much future business with PMDG, strong supporter here!

Cheers.

Jose,

You and me both.  :biggrin:

Peter,

Currently I have a scheduling conflict, but that may change here in the next couple of days.  The FSCon folks have reached out a couple of times and they have been incredibly patient with my non-committal replies.  Between PMDG, my consulting and some other work I'm doing related to flying- my schedule is just a mess.

I really wish these functions would go back to February/March dates.  So much easier to schedule a weekend dedicated to them when you aren't in the middle of summer...  I would have loved to have made Aerosoft's this weekend, but the same problem persists... 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Jose,

You and me both.  :biggrin:

Peter,

Currently I have a scheduling conflict, but that may change here in the next couple of days.  The FSCon folks have reached out a couple of times and they have been incredibly patient with my non-committal replies.  Between PMDG, my consulting and some other work I'm doing related to flying- my schedule is just a mess.

I really wish these functions would go back to February/March dates.  So much easier to schedule a weekend dedicated to them when you aren't in the middle of summer...  I would have loved to have made Aerosoft's this weekend, but the same problem persists... 

Robert, you mentioned your flying. Do you still fly for an airline?

9 hours ago, CaptainGabe said:

Looking forward to much future business with PMDG, strong supporter here!

Cheers.

Agreed, providing they start to support XP11 or the expensive purchases will just gather dust in the hanger - very sad

there will be P3Dv4 though so all's not lost! 

Xp11 is a currently a poor sim for pmdg birds as it fails to create a convincing airline environment and Austin continues to show little interest in making it so.  I dobut DTG has anything worthwhile in only a year or 2 of development.  P3D 64 would be excellent.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

21 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Prepar3D v4:

There is quite a bit of "noise" in the community, none of which has been confirmed, indicating that Lockheed Martin is working on the next iteration of Prepar3D.  For our P3D customers, please know that our long-standing policy has been that we intend to support our existing products through P3D v4 "at least."  This is included in the purchase you have already made and will not require further costs.  It is reasonable to expect that a new version will include new features, and we expect that we will adopt those that make sense and roll them out using the micro-update process we have been developing over the past couple of years.

All of this is just a re-statement of the policy we announced in January 2015 when we launched our first products for Prepar3D- nothing has changed.

Hi Mr. Randazzo, thanks a lot for this update!

I'm one of those simmer who think the future will be, probably (and I hope so) P3D, especially if you fly commercial planes.

I'm happy for your words about PMDG policy on P3D v4. Now I'll buy the 737NGX for P3D without hesitation, and fear to invest in a plane, which is great even if is on the market since years ;-)

...and with a dream in my sim-life ... to see the Embraer Ejet v2 series made by PMDG :wub:

Best regards, Massimo Solimbergo

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

4 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

Agreed, providing they start to support XP11 or the expensive purchases will just gather dust in the hanger - very sad

Xplane is a completely different breed of simulators. That would take an immaculate amount of time to convert everything.

• Upvote 2

Not to offend anyone, but I doubt that post/thread has anything signicant meaning. 

Until I see an official topic from PMDG on the matter in here (where the official forum is), I'll take the mentioned thread as what it is: Conjecture, rumors and guesswork...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I am thankful for the update. I appreciate you guys taking the time to talk to the community about a much debated topic. 

I personally will not invest in a new sim until I am certain that I can purchase add-ons for particular devs...PMDG is certainly one dev that will determine what flight sim I will invest in in the future. 

For now, I will continue enjoying FSX:SE 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I am thankful for the update. I appreciate you guys taking the time to talk to the community about a much debated topic. 

I personally will not invest in a new sim until I am certain that I can purchase add-ons for particular devs...PMDG is certainly one dev that will determine what flight sim I will invest in in the future. 

For now, I will continue enjoying FSX:SE 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

So what is the official position about Xplane if I may ask ? I also find it a bit strange that it's not even mentioned in this update that mentions all other platforms (some of which are not even released yet). I also find it a bit frustrating that one has to comb through various threads and videos all over the internet to look for obscure hints and rumors to find any info about it at all.

Or is this question some sort of tabu around here ? I'm sorry I don't know. I don't visit these forums very often, only from time to time specifically to see if there are any Xplane news at all, which there never are. Always only rumors. I don't see what's the big deal about not talking about it. If there are no plans I will wish you good luck and go my separate way. If there are plans you will gain a future customer.

PS: Don't take me wrong. I don't "demand" anything. I'm just genuinely interested if there are any plans for it since PMDG products are widely regarded as the top of any flight sim (and you make the best model of my favorite plane 737NG) so I'm interested if there are any plans for my favorite platform, especially now when XP11 took off.

• Upvote 3

Super excited for the DC-6!  I love that more and more high fidelity radials are being made.  With the 6,  now I can pretend I'm Gann and refly some of the routes from Fate is the Hunter!

I'm assuming the version you're modeling is after Douglas fixed the fuel leaking into the cabin heater system through an air intake scoop.  :gaul: