In X-Plane 11, how do you change the intro picture.

I do not like airliner in simulation, and I would like to use the same picture that I used in X-Plane 10 intro, which was of a GA plane

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would assume it is the same as in X-Plane 10, whereby dropping a new image into the Resources\Bitmaps directory will work.

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

I would assume it is the same as in X-Plane 10, whereby dropping a new image into the Resources\Bitmaps directory will work.

It does not, I have copied the image that I am using with X-Plane 10 and I still have the airliner picture in X-Plane 11

Are you making sure that the name, file size (close, not exact) and image dimensions are the same with that of the default?

Almost forgot, The file to replace is Resources/bitmaps/interface11/image_background_screenshot_for_stack.png

10 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Are you making sure that the name, file size (close, not exact) and image dimensions are the same with that of the default?

Almost forgot, The file to replace is Resources/bitmaps/interface11/image_background_screenshot_for_stack.png

I was replacing Resource\Bitmap\intro.png

That is the wrong one.  Jimm has the correct location and file: Resources/bitmaps/interface11/image_background_screenshot_for_stack.png

3 minutes ago, pugilist2 said:

That is the wrong one.  Jimm has the correct location and file: Resources/bitmaps/interface11/image_background_screenshot_for_stack.png

And it is working very well

Thank you all

Glad to hear I'm not always wrong. :happy:

Now that Martin brought it up, it's nice to be able to replace that B737 cockpit with something a little more personal.

Thanks for this great idea! Byebye NG that's landing at a VREF+30 and no autobrakes :D

Untitled-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, vesalius said:

Thanks for this great idea! Byebye NG that's landing at a VREF+30 and no autobrakes :D

whats wrong with no brakes?  autobrakes are usually not required for use unless manufacture and operator impose their own limits. 

I cooked up this quickie to change mine.  Pretty simple and really puts a personalized flair to XP11. :biggrin:

34699576561_412cbbf590_o.png_1 by Jim Morvay, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

That's addictive. I got this:

vh0XcCj.jpg

Edited by Murmur
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Murmur said:

That's addictive. I got this:

vh0XcCj.jpg

Now that's smoooooth. :biggrin:

Is there a specific size/resolution you need to conform too?

Pivot