Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

Prepard V4 is announced

Just to add the new AA abilities did have an Impact on my system when pumped up,   Looks great though 

7 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Just to add the new AA abilities did have an Impact on my system when pumped up,   Looks great though 

Hi do you know if they figured out how to remove AA from clouds?

Finding it hard to wait until next Tuesday......

I remember people confidently posting all over sim forums that a 64-bit release of P3D would be a disaster for addons - every one of them would need a complete re-write from the ground up to work on a 64-bit platform

What changed?

10 minutes ago, EGLD said:

Finding it hard to wait until next Tuesday......

I remember people confidently posting all over sim forums that a 64-bit release of P3D would be a disaster for addons - every one of them would need a complete re-write from the ground up to work on a 64-bit platform

What changed?

Nothing changed - including some people's ability to talk convincingly about things they generally know nothing about.

• Upvote 4

We also got an idea of how the smoothly the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit could go when we look back at Xplane.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

I've stuck with FSX for years, however I think now might just be the time I really seriously consider jumping on the P3D bandwagon, especially since getting my new GTX1060 - need to give it something to do!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I get the feeling that I would need a better graphics card to experience the improved lighting and other features that P3D v4 has to offer. I currently have a 2GB GTX 770 (which is fine for P3D v3 @ 1920x1080 resolution), but I suspect that more VRAM would be required for P3D v4.

I had a GTX 650 Ti SC in my rig but I was running FSX:SE. Luckily for me, the GPU just died a few weeks ago so I have to get a new card. I see all this talk about GTX 1080's and have to wonder if this is really necessary for simming at a resolution of 1920x1080? I personally find it very hard to spend $600-$800 on a GPU.

I would like to make the switch over to a 64bit platform and P3Dv4 is looking like the likely choice for me. Need a new GPU to make that switch. I have done some research and the MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 out performs most GTX 980's at 1920x1080 and has 8gb Ram onboard. Most online retailers have that GPU selling for around $400USD. So in my opinion, if you are gonna stick to that resolution, have a look at one of the GTX 1070's, they are very good performers at a reasonable price (compared to GTX 1080's).

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

12 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I would like to make the switch over to a 64bit platform and P3Dv4 is looking like the likely choice for me. Need a new GPU to make that switch. I have done some research and the MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 out performs most GTX 980's at 1920x1080 and has 8gb Ram onboard. Most online retailers have that GPU selling for around $400USD. So in my opinion, if you are gonna stick to that resolution, have a look at one of the GTX 1070's, they are very good performers at a reasonable price (compared to GTX 1080's).

I am looking at a 1070/8G as well, which seems like a sweat spot for price/performance.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I have done some research and the MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 out performs most GTX 980's at 1920x1080 and has 8gb Ram onboard. Most online retailers have that GPU selling for around $400USD. So in my opinion, if you are gonna stick to that resolution, have a look at one of the GTX 1070's, they are very good performers at a reasonable price (compared to GTX 1080's)

1080s are way too expensive for me, so I will not be getting one of those. The 8GB GTX 1070 sounds like a good bet, but I will only be upgrading my GPU when I replace my entire PC. Until then, I will probably stick with P3D v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

according to initial results...you would need to wait till the 2080 comes out...so you can really crank up the values...its just not about RAM OOM's anymore but VRAM OOM's according to what ive seen vanilla v4 being pushed to the limits...if you just start filling everything up with your 4096 textures those 1080 will burn in flames...lol...

people need to understand the term "compromise"

At 1920x1080 resolution, even a 1060 will do (so I was told). The 1070 wasn't really in my price range, I'm very happy with the 1060.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

9 minutes ago, aamontoy said:

according to initial results...you would need to wait till the 2080 comes out...so you can really crank up the values...its just not about RAM OOM's anymore but VRAM OOM's according to what ive seen vanilla v4 being pushed to the limits...if you just start filling everything up with your 4096 textures those 1080 will burn in flames...lol...

people need to understand the term "compromise"

This is factually inaccurate.  If you're just joking, fine.  Hard to convey through a purely textual medium, though, especially when discussing technical matters.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

At 1920x1080 resolution, even a 1060 will do (so I was told). The 1070 wasn't really in my price range, I'm very happy with the 1060.

I thought about the 6gb version of the GTX 1060 but I am also considering a few other changes as my PC is kinda old. One of the changes is my display/monitor. I am thinking of getting an ultra wide display so at the new aspect ration at 1440, the GTX 1070 would be better for my needs.

The GTX 1060's are very impressive cards though and VERY affordable.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

3 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I am thinking of getting an ultra wide display so at the new aspect ration at 1440, the GTX 1070 would be better for my needs.

I have an ultra wide, and by far the best thing I've done since buying it is to buy a good quality 42" TV (Sony)

A big TV is far more immersive than an ultrawide, IMO

When simming on the UW, I knew that I was seeing more horiztonally, but in all honesty I never really noticed much of a difference

The UW makes a good secondary monitor for autopilot window, Plan-g etc

3 minutes ago, EGLD said:

I have an ultra wide, and by far the best thing I've done since buying it is to buy a good quality 42" TV (Sony)

A big TV is far more immersive than an ultrawide, IMO

When simming on the UW, I knew that I was seeing more horiztonally, but in all honesty I never really noticed much of a difference

The UW makes a good secondary monitor for autopilot window, Plan-g etc

Interesting idea....I do own a 42" Sony television but I use it for gaming on my Playstation 4. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg