Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

Prepard V4 is announced

All I can say <insert any expletive> to 32bit VAS issues.  Those have plagued us (especially for me as I use VR, and VR takes VAS).  I give it 6 more months to get most of the addon makers migrated to 64 and some won't.  I will never use 32bit Sim period, and P3D 3 will be offered for those want to use it.

But thank God we are finally in the era of 64bit.  We have DFW, Aerofly2, XP11 and P4D Yeah!!! Let the good times roll.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

10 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Based on people being able to get it into the shopping cart via some back door over the last week or so, the pricing is the same across the board.also there is apparently a 90 day free trial. There are no dopes at LM

If true, instant no-brainer purchase.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

All I can say <insert any expletive> to 32bit VAS issues.  Those have plagued us (especially for me as I use VR, and VR takes VAS).  I give it 6 more months to get most of the addon makers migrated to 64 and some won't.  I will never use 32bit Sim period, and P3D 3 will be offered for those want to use it.

But thank God we are finally in the era of 64bit.  We have DFW, Aerofly2, XP11 and P4D Yeah!!! Let the good times roll.

Yet, Microsoft ESP will be firmly in 64 turf with FSW and P3D V4. Once Dovetail gets their SDK out we will see exciting new stuff released for FSW and P3D V4 the way we see now for FSX and P3D. And seeing how both Sims kept the file structure intact it should be rather familar turf. We've got options and life is good.

Good thing I didnt rush to get XP11...P3D 64 is all this Air Cowboy needs.

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Time to start building the new rig...

The days of building a new RIG for FSX are hopefully over. A GPU upgrade and new 16GB DRAM kit to replace you 8GB kit should do the trick :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Avidean said:

The days of building a new RIG for FSX are hopefully over. A GPU upgrade and new 16GB DRAM kit to replace you 8GB kit should do the trick :biggrin:

Already done :cool:

André

Well it looks like I might be leaving FSX:SE for P3D. Kinda glad my GPU died, this announcement has helped me decide what card to buy.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I hope the main game thread is now spread across multiple CPU cores to improve fps. I mean games like cities skyline can run incredibly smooth with thousands of simulated citizens and vehicles. I have never understood why Prepar3d and FSX struggled.

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

5 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

still not rain on windshiel, very disapointed

LMFAO..nicely done.

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Avidean said:

True that.  But as long as I'm going under the hood, I figure I'll step up to some fast DDR4 RAM and be a bit future-proofed against the devs and their upcoming "Oooh! It's 64-bit!  Let's throw stuff at it!" party.

Of course I'm rationalizing.

I'm a simmer, after all... :gaul:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, busdriver said:

what amount of RAM is now suggested?

ALL of it!

• Upvote 1

On the First Look Video posted it was suggest that for LOD resolution 16GB of "VRAM" is recommended for best results.

5 minutes ago, Avidean said:

On the First Look Video posted it was suggest that for LOD resolution 16GB of "VRAM" is recommended for best results.

And all I've got is 11 and change on my new 1080ti FTW.

You mean I've gotta TURN SLIDERS DOWN?!

[sets off to start composing rant...] :cool:

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Good thing I didnt rush to get XP11...P3D 64 is all this Air Cowboy needs.

XP11 is brilliant, i'll be using both sims, I may still get FSW when it goes on sale. We are lovers of flight simulation so why not have XP11,P3D v4 and FSW?

• Upvote 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.