Hey guys is the paid version of FSUIPC really needed for PMDG aircraft? Or can I just install the free version 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think you need it at all. But the free version is all you need for addons to talk to P3D, the paid part is for other features.

Angus,

FSUIPC is not needed for any of our products.  Hasn't been since 2011...

In fact- we generally encourage users to work our products without FSUIPC, as it has a history of creating interference that is unpredictable and hard to nail down.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Angus,

FSUIPC is not needed for any of our products.  Hasn't been since 2011...

In fact- we generally encourage users to work our products without FSUIPC, as it has a history of creating interference that is unpredictable and hard to nail down.

Thanks Robert for the info 

Personally, I didn't have any kind of interference using FSUIPC. In fact it's very useful to assign your controls there as  you can enable filters and response curves for your controls. The most useful feature for me though is the Autosave function. I set it to autosave my flight every 10min, so if any crash happens I can recover my flight. Without this feature you are prone to losing a long flight completely in case of a sim crash.

The paid version of FSUIPC5 is causing MAJOR issues with the V4 Queen.Don't purchase it and just use the free version.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rampantfox said:

The paid version of FSUIPC5 is causing MAJOR issues with the V4 Queen.Don't purchase it and just use the free version.

Thanks for the heads up on that

14 minutes ago, rampantfox said:

What kind of issues? I have FSUIPC5 registered, and the 747 v3 in P3D v4 works fine here...

• Upvote 1

Chaps,

Do you have both the P3d V3 and P3d V4 747 installed?

I wonder if the problems some of us are having is somehow due to having both versions installed.

2 minutes ago, DT506 said:

Chaps,

Do you have both the P3d V3 and P3d V4 747 installed?

I wonder if the problems some of us are having is somehow due to having both versions installed.

My system is clean after format, Win10, only P3D v4 is installed.

So, yes maybe you should look on a conflict with P3D v3..

Perhaps if others who have no issues can chip in we might be able to nail this down.

I'm also using Win7 not Win10.

Both v3 and v4 here.  Win 7.  Registered FSUIPC with WideFS.   If I load the cub first and then the default PMDG livery it works....but strangely not every time.  If it works with the default livery and I go back to the cub and then add any installed livery it works again.  So odd.

Guys, I am 100% positive. There should be another factor into play for your issues. My system is clean after format. Installed only P3D v4. FSUIPC5 and PMDG 747 QOTSII for v4 are working fine. The aircraft loads as expected, all screens are up an running normally. External model, gear, FMC, autopilot, everything is playing normally. 

I have Windows 10, P3D v3 and P3D v4 as well as FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5 installed. I purchased the 747 when it was released for P3D v4, I've never installed it into P3D v3.

The Queen works great without issue for me.

knock on wood ;) 

Can someone say what "major issues" they're having? I'd like to know what to look for and try to avoid. 

-stefan strandberg 

They report, "black screens" , "no gear" etc...not something you'd miss.

Not seen anything of that here. I have P3D v3 and v4 installed with the 747 installed in both along with FSUIPC5 in v4.

I have P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed and no issues. Did you uninstall the 747 from P3Dv3 before installing into v4 as per Robert's instructions? Seems like you can have the 747 installed in both sims but you need to use the new installer to do that.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, paulhand said:

I have P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed and no issues. Did you uninstall the 747 from P3Dv3 before installing into v4 as per Robert's instructions? Seems like you can have the 747 installed in both sims but you need to use the new installer to do that.

Cheers

Yes uninstalled and reinstalled per instructions. 

I have issues similar to the ones reported.

Black screens, no landing gear, no response to joysticks, no clickspots, no system initialising message, etc.

Sound of engines works, toe brakes of Saitek work (not rudder), keyboard throttle keys work, etc.

When I removed the FSUIPC.KEY file from MODULES, the B747-400 worked for the first sim re-start. Then it didn't.

Disabled FSUIPC.dll (renamed it) and now the B747-400 works OK all the time.

I do have the P3Dv3 also installed and I read with interest the comments of some folks, that if the latter is not installed, P3Dv4 works fine.

And as the P3Dv4 seems to work OK without FSUIPC, I will likely wait until this issue is resolved.

I know that some other developers also have issues with making their add-ons and utilities work with P3Dv4 (nothing related to FSUIPC) so it is just a matter of time, before all of these problems are resolved.

That is why I am not quite ready to uninstall P3Dv3 yet.

Roberto

Does QOTS have a way to gang engines together like FSUIPC does? I only have a dual throttle and need that functionality to control 4 throttles. All 4 on one makes it hard to turn in my experience. Also like to use the throttle stop switches in my Warthog throttle to initiate reverse thrust. Any way to do it without FSUPIC?

Clean install of P3Dv4 (new user migrated from FSX) and QOTSII with FSUIPC5 registred version (I still like to tweak my controls, reversers, steering tiller..)

NO ISSUE WHATSOEVER so far, keeping my fingers crossed.