Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Carenado for v4

Has anyone heard anything about Carenado updating any of their aircraft for v4?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

They are currently looking into it from a post sent a couple of days ago. Their facebook page is the best place to check for any updates.

Cheers

Martin

Waiting for that as well. I have the King Air 350i from them and unflyable in v4 :dry:

Just as a heads up: They definately need updating and can't be simply installed using the old installers. I tried it with the Piper Saratoga and the Diamond Katana and in both you end up with a see through cabin. Gauges work, but the vc itself is invisble.

yep, both of my aircraft had the same results

Capt. Robert Rixx

Yeah they using some Gauges like almost every other payware model. No custom Gauge works anymore, so panels and aircrafts need to be updated. Most of the free panels tho using stock FSX/P3D gauges which LM delivered in 64 bits.

The question stays unanswered tho, while they didnt change Textures, Sound, Models so basicly what costs 99 % of fps and RAM / VRAM and CPU, but changes the very small and low fps cost Gauges to 64 bit? Sense of that? Probably since 64 bit coding is way more complicated then 32 bit you will never see good custom panels again I assume. So the payware aircraft lobby gets bigger?

Who knows but it tastes bad...

I'm honestly not holding my breath.  A good portion of their catalog wasn't officially updated for P3D3.

• Upvote 3

True and their Carenado King Air 350i was badly coded. Tremendous fps loss especially in virtual cockpit. Im actually happy that its not working anymore. Im so happy I found a brilliant looking Cessna Cituation X FREEWARE :)  This im going to use for GA / corperate flying now :)

10 hours ago, Nytro said:

Im so happy I found a brilliant looking Cessna Cituation X FREEWARE

Is that the FSND version?  I may have to give it a go.

Some posted that the cessna 152 (or might have been 172) worked, remember reading that on D1 post launch. I read elsewhere that 'mid to late' carenados dont work, inferring that early models may.

I'm intrigued, so I'm going to test an old Carenado or two, then I'll let y'all know if that works. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Some posted that the cessna 152 (or might have been 172) worked, remember reading that on D1 post launch. I read elsewhere that 'mid to late' carenados dont work, inferring that early models may.

I'm intrigued, so I'm going to test an old Carenado or two, then I'll let y'all know if that works. 

I'll be looking forward to that report! I love the 152 and 172.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

From the Carenado team:

"Official Carenado Statement about the recently released Prepar3D version 4
June 9th, 2017

With the recently released version 4 of P3D, all our aircraft have been grounded. All of them were developed for 32-bit, and don´t work with the new 64-bit platform, causing internal logic incompatibilities (no problem with the model and textures).

The solution is not too complicated, but requires work. We know how to make them compatible, and we will start working on them soon.

The process will take time because we will have to update more than 80 aircraft. We hope to accomplish this task in the next months and start re-releasing a fair amount of updated aircraft each month.

For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge."

• Upvote 1

...to reiterate: FREE OF CHARGE UPGRADES :cool: