Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

1 minute ago, rdtv91 said:

Whens it going to be available on Simmarket? Like to have my purchases sort of centralised haha!

I'm waiting on them to get back to me, but it's like waiting for a bus. I'm hoping within the next day or so.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

12 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

that doesnt appear to work for the application screenshots

Does it matter when you had the freeware version ;-)

André

3 hours ago, MattDavies said:

This. Thank you.

To everyone else that is supporting this, also thank you. 

The sad reality is, the vocal minority will eventually ruin it for the majority - this was a huge risk for me, I've never invested this sort of money in my life. Should other opportunities come around of a similar setup (someone wants to sell tools/utilities/addon source code to me, for me to keep updated), I wont be so quick to say yes. I cannot believe how bitter/nasty/hateful people can be - it's even gotten to a point now in which I'm receiving death threats.

It really does make me think what the future holds for this community & flight sim as a whole - I just simply do not understand where the utter resentment comes from.

Matt I applaud you for your effort and that's why I bought and support you and I like PTA :-)

I wouldn't let a few people let you throw of your path.

I had a similar experience in the past with some strange demands when we where developing freeware aircraft (seven aircraft with a truck loads of awards :-))...

It came even to a point that all the fun was out of it...

The point is the silent majority has to step up and just purchase to support you guys, hence we are talking about 17 euros...

Imagine when you would have to develop it by yourself, beside the countless hours involved then this is a real bargain ;-)

Cheers,

André

I don't even know what it is but I will buy it because the common man put his hand in his pocket to keep something going that was important to many. Where I live, $17 is less than three schooners of beer, and that just goes out against a wall an hour later. This you can use for a lot longer!

21 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

I don't even know what it is but I will buy it because the common man put his hand in his pocket to keep something going that was important to many. Where I live, $17 is less than three schooners of beer, and that just goes out against a wall an hour later. This you can use for a lot longer!

What kind of schooner are we talking here? Australian or Canadian? ;)

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

I was just wondering if Adams presets would work in it. I have one pig hood dialed in perfectly in P3DV3. 

Yes, I tried it yesterday and works perfectly.

1 hour ago, Ahmed Aldabbass said:

Guys could u tell me what fsuipc exactly does. I never saw the need in buying this programm

It does a lot of things but mainly it allows you to custom calibrate all of your hardware and make it specific to the aircraft you are flying.  So I have one setup for my PMDG747 where my throttle quad uses the levers for spoiler/Throttle 1,2,3,4/Flaps and then another one on the Realair Duke where the throttle is changes around to be Throttle 1,2/RPM 1,2/Mixture 1,2 and flaps are moved to another button on my yoke.  

The second major feature I use is autosave where FSUIPC saves the sim every 10 minutes (this value is adjustable by the user).  If the sim crashes I just pull up the last save and off I go.

Finally, I use it for LINDA (payware version required) as I have a VRInsight MCP panel although this feature is not working at the moment.

Lots of other fsuipc features, including LUA scripts that you can custom configure you run and do things like auto shutdown the aircraft, etc.  Many users have written these LUA for various features.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

People buy a large pizza for that money just to crap it out in a few hours. At least this is a tool you can enjoy over and over and don't have to crap it out. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

20 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

People buy a large pizza for that money just to crap it out in a few hours. At least this is a tool you can enjoy over and over and don't have to crap it out. 

Charming!

But true. :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

What kind of schooner are we talking here? Australian or Canadian? ;)

Australian, VB, Carlton Draft or XXXX...

I now have said program. Still getting my new P3D v4 sorted... convert from FSX legacy, never used the LM beast before. 64 bit was the flush almost $2K worth of add on's reason to move...

18 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

$18 - is it just me or is that a bit steep for something that was free in v3 and clearly didn't take a lot of time to port to v4?

In truth we don't really know how long this has taken or how much effort was actually involved. Reading between the lines I suspect Yuri and Matt may have been negotiating transfer of ownership for some time. 

The release of PTA v2.5 does seem to have been quicker than perhaps we would have expected given our understanding of the amount of work involved to figure out the differences between P3D v3 and v4. Yuri appears to have baulked at the prospect which suggests that this was not inconsiderable and so he felt he had reached the point of conceding that he had had enough and so the decision was made to pass his work on to another willing and capable pair of hands. Clearly there would be a market for such a popular product as its remarkable effects have taken the community by storm. To let a unique product like PTA die would be a tragedy after all the effort, justified acclaim and kudos earned. 

It now seems very likely that Matt has had the source code for a while which has enabled all the necessary groundwork to be put in place and thus expedited the v2.5 release shortly after Prepar3D was RTM. Also, references have been made to expanding the capabilities of PTA and, again, we don't really know how much work this has entailed.

So, I believe we should reserve judgement until we have a greater understanding as to how this all came about. What is beyond any doubt is the fact that Yuri (aka KNOSSOS) and his family richly deserved to be rewarded for his creation and the work invested in bringing it to our community. Also, we should not forget that while PTA was provided without charge Yuri's enthusiasm and levels of support offered for his project were extraordinary. He may have felt obligated to do so, but in the end you can only do so much for very little in the way of monetary return.

I'm sure I share with others a huge sense of relief that PTA lives on in v2.5 and, like it's predecessors with Prepar3D 3.x, will now transform our experiences in Prepar3D V4. Yes, it is now Payware, but with that comes the responsibility to provide all necessary support for the product. It's doubtful that Yuri would have passed his baby on to just anyone. With Matt Davies, my feeling is that PTA continues in safe hands and, as with Yuri, he is entitled to expect our gratitude and willingness to help by contributing towards the recouping of his investment.

Mike

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

What is beyond any doubt is the fact that Yuri (aka KNOSSOS) and his family richly deserved to be rewarded for his creation and the work invested in bringing it to our community.

Absolutely.  I can't believe people are railing against the guy.

A bit off topic: has someone a good preset for me as PTA beginner? ;-)

40 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Australian, VB, Carlton Draft or XXXX...

I now have said program. Still getting my new P3D v4 sorted... convert from FSX legacy, never used the LM beast before. 64 bit was the flush almost $2K worth of add on's reason to move...

And you throw up after 3? Pff... lightweight. :p

37 minutes ago, swiesma said:

A bit off topic: has someone a good preset for me as PTA beginner? ;-)

Google "Adam PTA P3D" or "Thopat PTA P3D" for two good places to start. I prefer Adam's preset #11 on my equipment. Just a personal preference, both are good.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

4 hours ago, MattDavies said:

I'm waiting on them to get back to me, but it's like waiting for a bus. I'm hoping within the next day or so.

Hi Matt

Will Adam be producing  presets. His presets for pta for p3d were excellent.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.