kevinfirth

Autogen Configuration Merge by Arno Gerretson

Recommended Posts

LM have confirmed that v4, as previously, does NOT merge different specified autogen files.

However, Arno has said he will be updating ACM to support P3D4.

If you havent heard about ACM but have suffered from problems with missing autogen, conflicting sceneries or commercial developers having semi public spats about who should control autogen definitions (think OrbX, FranceVFR and Earth Simulations) then ACM can help..

It is IMHO one of the most useful yet least known addons ever, and its free...who else here has used it?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Right up there with Pete Dawson and Tom Allensworth. Our hobby would be no where without these three

Share this post


Link to post

I know Arno for about 15 years and he is a Flightsim hero.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Kevin,

I assume that the modified version should be capable of sorting out any autogen compatibility issues between P3D v4 and the Earth Simulations scenery packages? For example, are the ES TreeScapes packs currently working in P3D v4?

Share this post


Link to post

 

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Kevin,

I assume that the modified version should be capable of sorting out any autogen compatibility issues between P3D v4 and the Earth Simulations scenery packages? For example, are the ES TreeScapes packs currently working in P3D v4?

Treescapes already works flawlessly as far as I've tested.

I just added scenery layers pointing to the same folders used in v3 and it seems to work, certainly for vols 1-3 which is what I've tested so far.

ACM is only necessary for merging additional autogen definitions.

Share this post


Link to post

FranceVFR has updated their Autogen Global X :

http://www.francevfr.com/agx_EN.htm

 

Several scenery developers have their own Autogen / descriptions entries and one can cause issues ( not seeing autogen objects ) at the other. The developers below now use 1 merged version. Their is now a P3D4 version.

This is not compatible with several Orbx scenery...

 

CONTRIBUTORS

  • French unified Freeware - Autogen available on F-BMPL (Gropied, Vogel, DomSimu, GPF, Filipo)
  • Occitania - from revision 7.0
  • LLH Créations
  • Flugwerk Design - Austria Pro HD
  • 29Palms - MykonosX
  • 29Palms - SkiathosX
  • Flylogic
  • FS Addon
  • Fly Tampa  
  • Simulation Data 
  • France VFR 
  • 3D Automation 
  • AutogenFactory 

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This is not compatible with several Orbx scenery...

Great. That's why I stay away form France VFR. 

FlyTampa - at least those I own - work with ORBX, LLH as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, pmb said:

Great. That's why I stay away form France VFR. 

FlyTampa - at least those I own - work with ORBX, LLH as well.

Kind regards, Michael

As I use FTX Global and HD Trees only I can use this . Specific Orbx regions are not compatible.

But using Orbx regions can cause other developers scenery not to show up their textures...

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pmb said:

Great. That's why I stay away form France VFR. 

FlyTampa - at least those I own - work with ORBX, LLH as well.

Kind regards, Michael

No this is why we need ACM :)

Although it is a shame our devs cant play nicely together regarding sharing autogen definitions, instead of acting like spoiled primary school children.. *sigh*

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Orbx stopping overriding other developers autogen these days but that is still not the case?  Also, I was under the impression ACM was for developers, not end-users?  I am not aware of how a simmer would apply ACM on their own?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I thought Orbx stopping overriding other developers autogen these days but that is still not the case?  Also, I was under the impression ACM was for developers, not end-users?  I am not aware of how a simmer would apply ACM on their own?

just install using command prompt, as in the developers manual, then add 'autogen' folders with scenery and texture folders :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 21.6.2017 at 5:07 PM, kevinfirth said:

just install using command prompt, as in the developers manual, then add 'autogen' folders with scenery and texture folders :)

Sorry for waking up this old thread.

 

I have dozens of Orbx Scenery and lately installed Austria Professional HD and a France VFR scenery.

As far as I can see all of these kill the other's autogen descriptions so it is not possible to run them together.

 

Can the Autogen Configuration Merger help with this situation and make it possible to have all these sceneries work together without having to swap the autogen folder again and again?

And if it can, which files / folders exactly do I need to put where?

The manual provided by the ACM is quite sparse.

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Can the Autogen Configuration Merger help with this situation and make it possible to have all these sceneries work together without having to swap the autogen folder again and again?

Supposedly yes

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

And if it can, which files / folders exactly do I need to put where?

It is described in the ACM manual.  You need an additional Autogen folder alongside the traditional scenery and texture folders relating to any scenery you wish ACM to merge autogen for.  Any autogen description files containing custom autogen for that scenery go in that folder,

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now