slait

Air hauler 2 experiences

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any experiences you can share around the new version if air hauler 2? It's it worth it's weight? Does it work ok in P3Dv4? Other thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

REX is working on SimAir since like the last decade, maybe they'll be done this year. You may want to wait for it.

Share this post


Link to post

Air Hauler 2 latest release (its still early access) works with P3D v4. I find it to be excellent and well worth it. Air Hauler 2 expands greatly on the original and adds passenger charters etc. Its everything I wanted the first Air Hauler to be. Each early access release version adds new features and fixes. Highly reccomended from me.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yup, it works with P3D V4 (the Air Hauler 2 options only show P3D earlier versions as an option, but if you point it at P3D V4, it is happy enough and if you check the forums, it is now listed as V4 compatible despite the GUI only listing V3).

To be brutally honest, I've not really found it that different from the original Air Hauler, but that is because I've not really indulged in some of the new stuff it has in it (of which there is a lot, Humanitarian Missions, making products to complete missions, Passenger stuff, more VA stuff etc etc).

If all that new stuff is the kind of thing which floats your boat, then yes it absolutely has a lot of newer expanded features over the original, but personally I just use it the same as I did with Air Hauler 1, i.e. create a cargo airline, buy a few planes I like, hire some crew to fly some of them and do some flights myself too.

Having said that, patches for it are coming thick and fast and adding new features all the time and among the things they've added, is Nomad Mode, where you're not allowed to own any bases, and can only pick up jobs and missions from airports you've already visited. Kind of like the sound of that, as one of the things I like about Air Hauler is that it does give you plenty of reasons to go places you might otherwise have not visited, and that adds another reason to do so.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

The GUI does show P3D v4 in the supported sim drop down box when you start a new company.

It doesn't show if you already have a company started from the one of the earlier builds.

Share this post


Link to post

Very tempting with the upgrade price. Is this only available at Justflight at this point or is PC aviator selling it too?

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty sure it is only from Just Flight at the minute, because it is still an Early Access version rather than a fully finished release, although you shoudn't worry about it being Early Access as it is very stable, in fact since they brought it out as Early Access way back in December last year, it's been through regular updates (pretty much a new version with new features added every week or so) and they've all been really stable. I don't think I've ever seen it crash or lock up.

Just Flight is actually a really great place to buy stuff fom, because they keep all your orders indefinitely as downloads and there's none of that 'you have to pay to reactivate the download' b*ll*cks that a lot of other online stores indulge in. They have a really good loyalty bonus scheme too when you buy stuff from them that is actually worth quite bit in terms of discounts on other stuff they sell, which includes things from many other developers such as A2A, Milviz, Caranedo, FlySimWare, Lorby etc. This is one or two of the many reasons why I tout them as one of my favourite developers and certainly one of my favourite online stores.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think my original purchase of v1 was at PC aviator which is primarily why I was curious. I assume the upgrade version would be honored even if I didn't but v1 directly from Justflight.

Thank you for your prompt and thorough replies, I appreciate the insight from someone who has clearly spent some time with the product. I think you have me sold.

Share this post


Link to post

I like it, but I'm still in search of the perfect career add-on for P3D and XP.  I don't like to be limited in the planes I can fly or tied down to bases, so FSE is an option, but it doesn't make you pay for bad flying.  Ideal Flight is great because I love flying to random airports and getting graded on the flight, but it is not yet compatible with P3D v4.  

Share this post


Link to post

Airhauler 2 is great. I also use FS Captain, which has been one of my favs for some years. Dutch (FSC) will be releasing a P3Dv4 version very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Airhauler 2 is great. I also use FS Captain, which has been one of my favs for some years. Dutch (FSC) will be releasing a P3Dv4 version very soon.

Hi mate, I was wondering if you could tell me roughly the differences in these two programs.

I have been using FS Captain for awhile now, and while it does do a good job, I still feel like they could do so much more with it. Is Air Hauler comparable? And if so in your opinion which one is better?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

Hi mate, I was wondering if you could tell me roughly the differences in these two programs.

I have been using FS Captain for awhile now, and while it does do a good job, I still feel like they could do so much more with it. Is Air Hauler comparable? And if so in your opinion which one is better?

Cheers

Yes, no problem. They are both quite different in respect of simulating real OPS. FSC, is more for the airline environment, and AH2 is more Cargo, and charter ops. In AH2, you can create your own Carter airline, or Cargo, and you need to make a profit or go bust. It is also set up to operate in a Virtual Airline set up as well.

 

FSC is more airline ops as I said, like FS Passengers, but better IMHO. Both AH2 and FSC are very well supported with great sepport from the developers. Both are good in their own right.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I did end up purchasing the early access, but unfortunately now getting an error while trying to activate. Kind of a bummer making a new purchase and being stalled at an activation screen, but I'm sure they'll sort it out shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, slait said:

I did end up purchasing the early access, but unfortunately now getting an error while trying to activate. Kind of a bummer making a new purchase and being stalled at an activation screen, but I'm sure they'll sort it out shortly.

Slopey @AF2 will get you sorted. Have you posted on the EA forum ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, slait said:

I did end up purchasing the early access, but unfortunately now getting an error while trying to activate. Kind of a bummer making a new purchase and being stalled at an activation screen, but I'm sure they'll sort it out shortly.

A quick post on the Just Flight forums should sort it. Slopey (the developer of Air Hauler) is usually very quick at responding to stuff and always very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post

I did although he seems to be pointing folks, who are also having this problem, to Justflight because it's an installer issue. I submitted a support form to them last night so hopefully I'll be running jobs before long.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I was being thick. Turns out the first screen on the install is asking where you bought version 1 of air hauler. I thought it was asking where I bought V2, which in hindsight was not very smart. I selected the option for other retailers, put in my serial code, and it installed without issue.

Nothing like a case of public dumbness...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, slait said:

Ok, I was being thick. Turns out the first screen on the install is asking where you bought version 1 of air hauler. I thought it was asking where I bought V2, which in hindsight was not very smart. I selected the option for other retailers, put in my serial code, and it installed without issue.

Nothing like a case of public dumbness...

Lol. I did that the other day when updating it to the latest patch and sat there for a minute wondering what was up before going to install it again after realising what I'd done, so you are definitely not alone on that one.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Happy Hauling.

If you see Chock flying an Atlantic Bridge aeroplane somewhere around Europe on the AH2 radar, that'd be me. :cool:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'll keep an eye out for you. Of course given my track record it may take me a while before I've learned enough about the program to actually fly some routes. I'm getting it installed and learning that with complex aircraft it sounds like networked mode is recommended. So, I installed (again without issue selecting the right options) on my laptop and going through the setup. I'm interested in starting out with my TFDi 717, but I'm not sure I'll have the money.

Also, I'm not seeing a lot of info on networked mode in general and how to set everything up. I'm muddling through, but it doesn't look like that info has made it to the manual yet.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, slait said:

I'll keep an eye out for you. Of course given my track record it may take me a while before I've learned enough about the program to actually fly some routes. I'm getting it installed and learning that with complex aircraft it sounds like networked mode is recommended. So, I installed (again without issue selecting the right options) on my laptop and going through the setup. I'm interested in starting out with my TFDi 717, but I'm not sure I'll have the money.

Also, I'm not seeing a lot of info on networked mode in general and how to set everything up. I'm muddling through, but it doesn't look like that info has made it to the manual yet.

Start in an easy mode, sell the Constellation and then lease the 717 to get started on it, fly a few jobs and then buy it, also, you could hire a couple of pilots, lease another 717, get em certified on it and then they can fly one as well when you are not at your pc, do that enough and you will be able to buy out the leases.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2017 at 6:01 PM, Chock said:

Start in an easy mode, sell the Constellation and then lease the 717 to get started on it, fly a few jobs and then buy it, also, you could hire a couple of pilots, lease another 717, get em certified on it and then they can fly one as well when you are not at your pc, do that enough and you will be able to buy out the leases.

OK, I'm underway with my type rating and completed the first ad hoc passenger flight. Made $34k from Denver to Phoenix! Just another $3.5M and I can pay for that first lease hehe. I'll likely take your advise though and lease a second aircraft and fill it with AI pilots.

My base is KDEN and there were some real wicked thunderboomers today which was great timing for my type rating test...

j5pethi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Been messing around with a design for a 'standard building' I could use as scenery for my bases in Air Hauler 2. I wanted something which looked a bit crappy, as though it might be an old air force warehouse or some such, purely because I figured that would look a bit more interesting than a modern building. It needed to be relatively small so I could add it to airports without it crashing into existing scenery, but big enough to feasibly hold some cargo in storage, and with entrances large enough to believably allow a folk lift truck to operate in and out of when carrying air freight ULDs. So this is that building:

VHm9udx.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is it sad that I actually visited the Atlantic Bridge website and was disappointed that it's not linked to an Air Cargo company, lol. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 26. 6. 2017 at 8:37 PM, Drumcode said:

REX is working on SimAir since like the last decade, maybe they'll be done this year. You may want to wait for it.

You are an optimist.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now