Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUL17] Updates for 747-400 and 777-200LRF released today

I always have the latest installers on my backup drive and when trying installing the PMDG planes on a fresh installed P3D V4 it was telling me that it could not update by the manager and I needed the latest installers from the PMDG site..

I went a little nuts there because I was sure I did had the latest, little did I know the new installers were just released :D.

OC complaining of orphaned texture folder found for p3d v4.. what to do?

40 minutes ago, downscc said:

It's not available yet... read the first post by Robert.

According to the pictures, Mo is having trouble with the 777-200, not the -300.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

41 minutes ago, whoispankaj said:

OC complaining of orphaned texture folder found for p3d v4.. what to do?

I chose to delete the folders, since I saw that they were associated to liveries I had downloaded. You can then re-download the liveries, and accept the pop up window to overwrite the files. Worked fine for me.

Enjoy the long weekend.  Patience always pays off when it comes to your great products!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

2 hours ago, Orlaam said:

Confused.  I only run FSX:SE right now.  Are you guys telling us to remove/uninstall the B744 and reinstall through the OC?  That the only way we'll get updates now??  Or reinstall from the PMDG site, old style????????

You'll want to go to the PMDG site to download the new installer, then un-install the 747 and run the new installer.

1 hour ago, stephenbgs said:

Downloading new installers now and i have the old ones deleted 

Is there a new version number on both models we should be seeing in the OC once everything is back running?

Looks like the Boeing 747-400 is under 3.00.8377. I don't have the 777, so can't help you there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi Robert, I have followed the instructions for this update, but when I open the PMDG Operations Centre, I am still prompted to install the 777 update. I did uninstall the 777, as required, after having deactivated my product first in FSX. Any ideas on what I should do?

thanks for the update. Looks like according to the operations center, the version I just downloaded from my account is not the most recent version.

39 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

after having deactivated my product first in FSX

Where in the instructions did it instruct you to do this?

Kyle Rodgers

39 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

I am still prompted to install the 777 update

You are, or are you confusing it with the notification that you have broken liveries?

Kyle Rodgers

12 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Where in the instructions did it instruct you to do this?

It's always been advised to do this, so as to not exceed the maximum number of activations. Or is this incorrect?

14 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

You are, or are you confusing it with the notification that you have broken liveries?

I am being asked to update to the latest version of the 777-200/LRF. It does also say I have broken liveries, but it clearly says I do not have the most current version installed. The version I re-downloaded this morning is .8333 while the current version is .8378 according to the PMDG Operations Center.

3 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

It's always been advised to do this, so as to not exceed the maximum number of activations. Or is this incorrect?

It has literally never been advised that you do this. Since the beginning of the function, we have listed very specific circumstances. Uninstall/reinstall has never been one of those.

It's been in the Intro Manual this entire time.

3 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

I am being asked to update to the latest version of the 777-200/LRF. It does also say I have broken liveries, but it clearly says I do not have the most current version installed. The version I re-downloaded this morning is .8333 while the current version is .8378 according to the PMDG Operations Center.

Just had a look, and it appears you are correct here. The FSX/FSX:SE installer isn't writing the correct value to the registry. The files are correct, but the registry values is not.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

It has literally never been advised that you do this. Since the beginning of the function, we have listed very specific circumstances. Uninstall/reinstall has never been one of those.

It's been in the Intro Manual this entire time.

Just had a look, and it appears you are correct here. The FSX/FSX:SE installer isn't writing the correct value to the registry. The files are correct, but the registry values is not.

Can you confirm when we should be deregistering our products? I was of the understanding we should always do it when completely uninstalling and reinstalling our products such as the 777 or NGX so that we wouldn't eat our way through reactivations.