Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

P3D V4/Carenado/Alabeo/FSS??

Quite a number of my Carenado/Alabeo P3D v3 aircraft came from the FSS.

There have been 2 sets of v4 from Carenado & 3 sets from Alabeo so far.

I D/loaded several of these aircraft  from FSS tonight & got the Seneca going, with the AP a bit wonky, but the Waco had a fractured cockpit in an interior view.

My query is - has anyone got Carenado/Alabeo V4 files from FSS that work?

& if so, which aircraft?

Thanks

T45

I downloaded the Waco V4 version from PC Aviator. It works just fine for me.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Are you sure your store has updated all the installers?

No I am not, hence the inquiry.

The marketing narratives don't seem to have changed. "Compatible with etc"

I decided to D/L & check if v4 was offered as an installation option.

Theoretically the Waco should have been.

T45

It is also being discussed in this thread.

And it was the same story with Flight Sim Store when Aerosoft's Twin Otter and A2A's C172 were updated for v4 a month ago. It took Flight Sim Store around 10 days to make the updates available for their customers. No idea why.

I had a look this morning at FSS via my A/C, Downloads -  & it is showing the Alabeo Waco YMF5 FSX/P3D as compatible with P3D v1.

I also had a look at PC Aviator & they have the note: "FREE UPGRADE - If you purchased "WACO YMF5 FSX/P3D" from PC Aviator you are entitled to a free upgrade.  Please email info@pcaviator.com for a coupon code making the update free.  No code is needed if purchased after June 30, 2017."

So it looks like FSS hasn't got around to it yet. 

T45

FSS add second batch of A2A very quickly, same as first batch of Carenado, but currently I do not see new instlaller for Cruz which was published by Alabeo at 6/23.. Stil old version. I did support ticket day ago, but no response yet.

I installed the Alabeo C310R for P3Dv4.  It isn't behaving.  First, most exterior textures do not display in the virtual cockpit view.  The props, control surfaces and gear do but the remainder of the aircraft's skin doesn't.  They do display from an exterior view though.  Second, the mixture controls are frozen at full cutoff.  When I attempt to slide them forward they immediately snap back to cutoff.  Finally, the elevator axis doesn't respond to my stick (Saitek X45).  All other aircraft in my hangar do.  Nothing like spending your "hard-earned" on something that isn't quite ready for dispatch...

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

This is very frustrating.  Two days ago, I downloaded the PA31 Navajo from FSS.  It has a transparent panel.  I sure wish they would get their act together.

1 hour ago, FLHXRider said:

I installed the Alabeo C310R for P3Dv4.  It isn't behaving.  First, most exterior textures do not display in the virtual cockpit view.  The props, control surfaces and gear do but the remainder of the aircraft's skin doesn't.  They do display from an exterior view though.  Second, the mixture controls are frozen at full cutoff.  When I attempt to slide them forward they immediately snap back to cutoff.  Finally, the elevator axis doesn't respond to my stick (Saitek X45).  All other aircraft in my hangar do.  Nothing like spending your "hard-earned" on something that isn't quite ready for dispatch...

Mixture at full cut off - had that this morning on the Pawnee & Staggerwing. ex FSS.

I thought there was something wrong with my controls.

However, looks like v4 D/L not up to snuff yet.

T45

On 7/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, JacquesBrel said:

And it was the same story with Flight Sim Store when Aerosoft's Twin Otter and A2A's C172 were updated for v4 a month ago. It took Flight Sim Store around 10 days to make the updates available for their customers. No idea why.

It doesn't look like FSS still has not posted the updated Otter yet. I just raised a ticket on their site this evening to try to find out what's up.

I guess they are flooded with tickets currently. I re-downloaded my Seneca V from Carenado from my accounts' page yesterday evening and when attempting to install I ran into the "... number of installs has expired" issue. So I filed a ticket with FSS to see if they could reset this number or get me a new serial.

Regards
Frank

This is a total unnecessary pain on the part of FSS.  Very unprofessional.