Sign in to follow this  
Ed Koorevaar

Chaseplane and TrackIR

15 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Do you guys see any difference in the Experimental and non-Experimental version?

Replying on a Saturday?  Even though I've seen you do this for years, it's still impressive my friend!

I'll check and get back to you.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Replying on a Saturday?

I reply when I can, This is 24/7 😉

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No difference between Experimental and Regular versions my friend.

My TrackIR works fine in DCS.

I can't think of a single thing I haven't tried except reinstalling P3D.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I pushed an update on the Experimental channel. Let me know if it is fixed

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No change I'm afraid. The only other thing that happened in the time frame when it stopped working was a Windows update, but I don't believe that did anything.

Dave Hodges

Hey Keven,

Can you remind me... if I want to uninstall CP to see if the TrackIr works, do I have to copy back over the Aircraft.cfg files?

Dave Hodges

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Keven,

Can you remind me... if I want to uninstall CP to see if the TrackIr works, do I have to copy back over the Aircraft.cfg files?

Try reinstalling TrackIR after uninstalling CP. It will restore TrackIR in your sim but the issue isn't there. The issue is the connection between ChasePlane and TrackIR. I'll continue researching it

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Do you see the TrackIR icon at the top-left of ChasePlane?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just now, Keven Menard said:

Try reinstalling TrackIR after uninstalling CP. It will restore TrackIR in your sim but the issue isn't there. The issue is the connection between ChasePlane and TrackIR. I'll continue researching it

Will do.

Hey, this can wait until next week brother, no need to mess up your weekend.  I'm at the 'puter doing tech support myself (we work weekends too over in my neck of the woods), so it's no big deal for me, but I don't want to tie you up.  But if you're working too, I can move this over to your Discord channel if you'd like.

Yes sir, TrackIR Icon is present.  I'm working on the uninstall/reinstall.

Dave Hodges

Resolved!

Thanks so much Keven!

Dave Hodges

For anyone having a similar issue...

Keven had me:

1. Uninstall TrackIR (not necesary to uninstall Naturual Point USB Drivers),

2. Uninstall Chaseplane,

3. Reboot,

4. Install TrackIR

5. Reinstall Chaseplane. 

This solved the issue for me.

Other things I tried was everything in this thread and the thread at the NatualPoint forums (see link below):

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=14840

Best wishes everyone!

Dave Hodges

I have a similar problem.

If I follow the same procedure as DaveCT2003, and uninstall ChasePlane, will all my settings and preferences be preserved and saved in the cloud?

When I reinstall ChasePlane then I will be back to where I originally was?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

3 minutes ago, sbclark said:

I have a similar problem.

If I follow the same procedure as DaveCT2003, and uninstall ChasePlane, will all my settings and preferences be preserved and saved in the cloud?

When I reinstall ChasePlane then I will be back to where I originally was?

Bill Clark

It sure should be, since the settings are stored on the FSFX server.  However... Mine stopped working again on the next flight, so I hope you have better luck than I did with it. When it stopped working I tried the Experimental and Standard version (rebooting CP of course).  Anyway, it will be for another day as I'm too busy now to look at it.

Dave Hodges

Dave,

You indicated you had a Windows update...what was the update. I'm running TrackIR with CP on experimental and have not experienced any of the problems with TrackIR not working/connecting. Of course I have Windows updates pretty locked down, and I haven't updated in several months. I ALWAYS do a system image of my P3D pc before Win updates...just in case.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hi Folks,

While I'm not up to date yet with my new build - have you tried running TrackIR as "admin" ? I know I had a very similar issue with the CP back when it was first made compatible with TrackIR - the "admin" on TrackIR fixed it for me...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7