lennie

How do i move FSX stuff over to P3Dv4?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! This weekend my son is installing a new SDD to my computer. I plan to download V4 very soon. But I don't have the slightest clue how to get some FSX stuff that I have moved over or downloaded again. Please give me some suggestions: Orbx Global, vector, landclass, regions? A2A aircraft? Carenado and Alebeo? Flight 1 King Air and GTN750? FSUIPC? AS16? Rex? Milviz? FlyTampa, FSDT, and other airports? Etc, etc...

Do I need to go to each website and get instructions? I am almost computer illiterate, i dont know where to start, and old age is getting to me. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks for reading!

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Lennie you nailed it, go to every website and find out if there is an installer for P3D V4 , if there is you are safe , if there is not  BE WARE! not being as you said comp literate you will be better off staying away from MAGIC tools...

Jorge

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, lennie said:

Hi everyone! This weekend my son is installing a new SDD to my computer. I plan to download V4 very soon. But I don't have the slightest clue how to get some FSX stuff that I have moved over or downloaded again. Please give me some suggestions: Orbx Global, vector, landclass, regions? A2A aircraft? Carenado and Alebeo? Flight 1 King Air and GTN750? FSUIPC? AS16? Rex? Milviz? FlyTampa, FSDT, and other airports? Etc, etc...

Do I need to go to each website and get instructions? I am almost computer illiterate, i dont know where to start, and old age is getting to me. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks for reading!

In *most* case, you can't just "move over" FSX add-ons to P3D... You need to get the P3D specific versions (sometimes they are part of what you paid, and sometimes they are a completely separate purchase).  you need to check each add-on/dev.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully your son can help you out too with any software issues that might come up. Does he sim also?

Share this post


Link to post

As far as Orbx goes, you are in luck...

The FTXCentral3 app will recognize that you have P3D installed and will allow you to install all the scenery that you purchased for FSX, previously.

Your son should be able to handle that without any difficulty..

As for the GTN750, we are all still waiting for Flight1 to release a P3DV4 version.. For now, keep FSX installed and fly there when wanting to use the GTN..

:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

As for the GTN750, we are all still waiting for Flight1 to release a P3DV4 version.. 

:cool:

And waiting and waiting.......LOL this process is like being 6 YO again waiting for Christmas. I have a feeling when the GTN stuff is released it will have a lot of new features.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

And waiting and waiting.......LOL this process is like being 6 YO again waiting for Christmas. I have a feeling when the GTN stuff is released it will have a lot of new features.

I just hope it has decent performance.. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everyone! Wish me luck this weekend! I am keeping FSX on the original SDD so i can fly the Real Air Duke, one of my favorites. Hope some developer can purchase the rights and offer it for P3D4. Bert...glad Orbx will not be a problem; but i read somewhere that vector is not available yet.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, lennie said:

Hope some developer can purchase the rights and offer it for P3D4

There is a P3D version for the T-Duke and works fine in P3Dv4. There is a post on how to install it in v4, on the forums, here.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just hope it has decent performance.. :cool:

It would be nice if the 750 and 650 would handshake and talk to each other.

Share this post


Link to post

Not to hijack this thread, is it possible to say install P3Dv4 on one SSD and FSX-SE retained on another SSD, to fly my favourite, the ubiquitous PMDG MD-11?

Share this post


Link to post

You should be able to have two separate flightsims: FSX and P3D installed that do not interfere with each other.

Where things start getting murky, is where you have a gauge like the GTN750 that depends on a Garmin Trainer app that is being used by both flightsims... At that point, you do not have total separation..

There may be other examples where flightsim addons install files or use modules that end up tripping over each other..

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Not to hijack this thread, is it possible to say install P3Dv4 on one SSD and FSX-SE retained on another SSD, to fly my favourite, the ubiquitous PMDG MD-11?

I have 3 different sim on my system, even on the same drive and never had any difficulties with any of them.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now