Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Can Someone Please Summarize Relationship - Black Marble, Orbx, UTX

David all this info is posted on our forums along with many gracious and fantastic members sharing their experience and settings,
this is hardly the place for that discussion; please try to keep this thread informative as per its topic,

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, David Roch said:

please, treat your customers with a bit of respect and modesty

we do regardless being our customer or not!
if anyone feels we don't accept yourself please voice up,

unless im mistaken you currently don't own any of our Black Marble line products;
yet you voice your opinion about it without being part of it!

you rambling nonsense over and over here instead of contacting us!
even after Ive explained to you very politely more than once,

Nope. Too easy, your forum is full of people complaining like me.
Chris, the only thing I want is to make BM compatible with my simulator as it is today.
Arguing with you doesn't interest me.

Please show me the exact way to get day textures without the messy roads you saw previously, together with YOUR textures showing at night and I will be more than happy.
Until now, I am reading that you are in contact with John @Orbx, that exclude files are blocking yours etc... and I don't read any clear explanation on how to get Orbx vector and your products compatible.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks Mike but when I disable FTX exclude files, day roads are all messed up (please see my previous post).

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

its simple David, read!!!
we are looking into these issues; yet you're being impatient!

22 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

we do regardless being our customer or not!
if anyone feels we don't accept yourself please voice up,

unless im mistaken you currently don't own any of our Black Marble line products;
yet you voice your opinion about it without being part of it!

you rambling nonsense over and over here instead of contacting us!
even after Ive explained to you very politely more than once,

Wooow! This is way too much for me Chris.

Now, you sincerely need to apologize.

I have been an Avsim admin for over 10 years, I am a retired professional pilot and I can barely accept to be treated with such lack of respect publicly.

sans_t10.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi guys,

So after reading this thread I am a bit confused. It is now to my understanding that BM it works with all ORBX global products including VECTOR (as I have them all installed) but is not really clear what is the correct setup process. Any instructions on this? I'd like to buy the whole BM package but from what I read sounds like a mess atm. 

Thanks

rb_banner_driver.png

Just now, David Roch said:

Thanks Mike but when I disable FTX exclude files, day roads are all messed up (please see my previous post).

Hi,

Seeing how Black Marble's roads are far more accurate, wouldn't the wise thing be to find a way to disable Orbx roadways altogether?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have disabled all roads via FTX central (For vector and OLC).
What else do you suggest Mike?

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi David,

I'm looking at some overhead day shots and although I do see a color difference, the grid type roadways look good. Here is Florida by Ft. Lauderdale.

http://www.tbta-soba.com/photos/grid.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Woah, all calm down, please.

I think it's fair to say that - at the moment - Black Marble + BM Vector + FTX Global and Vector and LC and regions is a hell of a mess with no clear instructions that will make it work for each and eveyone. We have to be patient and wait for a solution (my patience is not praised throughout the world, so I asked for and got a refund, but I will step in again when both play together nicely).

The problem with BM Vector streets during daytime is rather a problem of the underlying textures and nothing Chris could solve (and I doubt there is a solution in principle). One thing that COULD help would be the streets being narrower. Not sure if main roads and small roads have the same size in BM?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, darem said:

I think it's fair to say that - at the moment - Black Marble + BM Vector + FTX Global and Vector and LC and regions is a hell of a mess with no clear instructions that will make it work for each and eveyone. We have to be patient and wait for a solution (my patience is not praised throughout the world, so I asked for and got a refund, but I will step in again when both play together nicely).

That answered my question and also fully agree.

• Upvote 1

rb_banner_driver.png

20 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

its simple David, read!!!
we are looking into these issues; yet you're being impatient!

So surely we wait for the outcome.I and I'm sure a lot of others would love to have this this for night flying.A Orbx vector owner

• Upvote 1

Don't bother, refund asked.
Thanks anyway Mike and folks.

I have been treated like sh... by the developer who now says that I don't own any of his products (...)
Enough is enough for me.

I am not impatient at all Chris, I am just warning others that Orbx Vector is not compatible with BM as it is today, period.
From the beginning, I have tried to help figuring out this issue, here and in your forum, nothing else.
But you apparently don't like to hear the truth.
And you are not showing that you are a gentleman, trying to hide reality behind a smoke screen and being aggressive.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

Gotta be one of the few people here actually enjoying BM.

Had a wunderful flight yesterday from Hamburg to ORBX Innsbruck in the 737 with ORBX Global, OpenLC Europe, North Germany, Vector and BM Base. And I really enjoyed the night lighting! It may not be perfect, but it was close to what I saw in my last night flight some weeks ago from Greece to Germany. In real life not the whole world and every road is lit up and that's exactly what I saw in the sim.

Well, I don't doubt that there are things to be sorted out but I personally really do like the look of it even though I am just using BM Base.

• Upvote 1