Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Can Someone Please Summarize Relationship - Black Marble, Orbx, UTX

1 hour ago, Chris Bell said:

you are mixing things!
you wont have traffic since you don't have Traffic pack installed,
you will only have Sim Native traffic when you turn off Orbx roads!

traffic ties to the road guid specifically; we each run our own guid!

So, to be clear, does this mean that you won't have any traffic on the BM roads unless you buy the traffic add-on?  E.g. You'll only have traffic on P3D roads?  And if you do buy the traffic add-on you'll have BM cars on BM roads and P3D cars on P3D roads?

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

@Gregg_Seipp

without Black Marble Traffic Pack Black Marble can only show Sim's existing traffic; which is very sparse,
Black Marble Traffic Pack places traffic data on every single road in our vector database!
not just major highways, not main arteries, Black Marble Traffic Pack we placed traffic on all road class!
and you will have Black Marble cars with light beams everywhere! (not half and half),

when we install Vector; we first remove all roads completely!
then place them all back with vector as a whole complete world road system,
and then we place traffic on all our vector roads!

Hi,

David, I'm running ORBX Base, Orbx L/C and Orbx North America. I have roads disabled in FTX Control Panel and I have Black Marble installed along with Vector and Traffic. I'm in the process of uploading a short clip of traffic in Florida.

Black Marble "IS" compatible as I have shown in my videos. It's going to take a few hours for youtube to get this, please be patient.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

1 hour ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

David, I'm running ORBX Base, Orbx L/C and Orbx North America. I have roads disabled in FTX Control Panel and I have Black Marble installed along with Vector and Traffic. I'm in the process of uploading a short clip of traffic in Florida.

Black Marble "IS" compatible as I have shown in my videos. It's going to take a few hours for youtube to get this, please be patient.

Sounds like my setup, I may have to break out the credit card after all if you have it working!

• Upvote 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Hi Everyone,

I threw this together but it clearly shows Black Marble traffic working just fine in P3Dv4 with Orbx Base, Orbx L/C (with the ROADS section unchecked and the entry removed from the scenery.cfg file) and Orbx North America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzU6kyZsnE

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Those computer specs are OLD!. I'm running three 7700K's with three 1080TI's.

• Upvote 1

Here are a couple of screenshots I just took. Both are over the default P3Dv4 airport area. One has BM activated and one does not. 

Both screenshots have Orbx Global, Vector and Open LC North America active.

You will need to click on the below pics to see them at full size to determine any difference. 

bm%20on-XL.png

bm%20off-XL.png

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Here are a couple of screenshots I just took. Both are over the default P3Dv4 airport area. One has BM activated and one does not. 

You will need to click on the below pics to see them at full size to determine any difference

Would you mind posting another one over OLC?...if you have it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

OLC? If you mean Orbx Open LC North America than yes both screenshots had that active. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Comparing the posted screenies with open-street map. It is pretty dang close. As in, I can't tell the difference. Unfortunately, the BM roads do not match with the FTX vector, OLC-NA texture layout at all. At night this wouldn't be an issue, as you shouldn't be able to see the ground. At dawn and dusk, it is very noticable. For right now, it is pick one for nights and the other for days, which makes this a very expensive street light add-on. AI traffic (road) is AI traffic, most people set it very low or off for performance reasons. So I have those cancelling each other out. Orbx generates a lot more of AI road traffic with the slider set to 6% than does the default traffic in P3D. (thought I should mention that)  

just my .02c

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

OLC? If you mean Orbx Open LC North America than yes both screenshots had that active. 

Okay, thanks.  It's very, very nice looking lighting...if we could get scenery built around it, it'd be amazing.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

8 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

@David Roch

you are mixing things!
you wont have traffic since you don't have Traffic pack installed,
you will only have Sim Native traffic when you turn off Orbx roads!

traffic ties to the road guid specifically; we each run our own guid!

Chris, sorry again but I don't believe I am mixing things and I DO have BM Traffic installed.

And again you are claiming that BM is compatible with Orbx Vector (not talking about other Orbx products), and that's wrong.
I quote you:
" i don't believe you need to uninstall anything!
run ftx central disable roads class and lights,
run BMM with 3rd party disabled and apply setting after ftx central!!!
disable exclude folder in orbx sub folder ( FTX_VECTOR_EXX )"

Here is what we get when following your advise and switching to day time.
Do you call this compatible?

Come on Chris!

https://i11.servimg.com/u/f11/18/16/33/44/2017-810.jpg

(I am not at home, this is a pic from your forum, same problem)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

4 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Everyone,

I threw this together but it clearly shows Black Marble traffic working just fine in P3Dv4 with Orbx Base, Orbx L/C (with the ROADS section unchecked and the entry removed from the scenery.cfg file) and Orbx North America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzU6kyZsnE

This is the second video I've seen with traffic that on many secondary roads is running in one direction, not two way. Weird. It looks like the freeway was already but I think I still notice, it was hard to tell, that traffic was mostly one way.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

you get more roads David, what did you expect?
why don't you do this; compare with a real world image, Black and FTX same spot!
Black Marble is not about pretty textures, its about 1:1 fidelity to real world network,

you have people posting their video's, on our forums, everyone telling you its working,
but im still wrong based on your views?

Black Marble is not for everyone!
if you prefer a different artist rendition its your right,
but don't belittling our work please!

if you're a developer and you have a technical point to educate me on ill take it with a smile and apply!
but based on your feeling just doesn't cut it! you should know better than that!

ill state again Black Marble is compatible!

OK Chris so please give me my money back, I am done with loosing my time with someone who doesn't recognize his mistakes.
I am tolerant and patient but I don't like people fooling at me.

Your answer "you get more roads, what did you expect?" is sincerely insulting and so was your first answer "You are mixing things".
And your insistence to claim BM is compatible with Orbx vector is not honest at all, knowing that you are asking Orbx to help you figure out this issue.

Back home.

This is what Chris calls "more roads".
Yes, I agree there are more roads. Everyone can appreciate.

2017-811.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.