vortex681

Promising new throttle quadrant?

Although it's been mentioned briefly in another thread, I thought it was worth starting a new thread about this upcoming quadrant - http://flyhoneycomb.com/bravo-throttle-quadrant-2/. It looks very versatile with different configurations and includes things like a trim wheel, U/C selector, flap toggle switch and a basic autopilot panel. I've seen $199 mentioned as a proposed price which seems very reasonable for what you get if the quality is good.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the pots are of a higher quality than saitek's junk, or are easily replaceable, I'm in.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one. I was looking to add a second Saitek quadrant to my setup for flying twins but, for all of the extra functions this offers, I think I'll hold off until this is released and reviewed.

That quadrant certainly looks extremely impressive, especially if the price is correct!

Has anyone contacted them for more info? I have done so today. If they're at the RAF Cosford show in October or Lelystad in November it might be the next big thing.

I'll reply here when I hear from them.

@flytrumpet767, did you ever hear from them? I wrote to them yesterday but haven't heard back overnight.

Rather odd for a new company wanting to break into the FS market. :rolleyes:

I emailed them four days ago and have not had a reply so if this speaks of their communication then I am not interested. 

They haven't even gone to market with any of their products yet so maybe we should cut them a little slack - I know of big organisations with plenty of retail products who have appalling customer service!

On 18/08/2017 at 2:01 PM, vortex681 said:

They haven't even gone to market with any of their products yet so maybe we should cut them a little slack - I know of big organisations with plenty of retail products who have appalling customer service!

They said these products would be available by the summer. Well there's 11 days left and still no reply from them. It might be acceptable to have appalling customer service when you're an established company and the quality of your products lets you get away with it but as a fledgling one it doesn't bode well before your first product is available.

I'll give them the benefit of possibly being on holiday and will send another message on 1 Sept.

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They said these products would be available by the summer.

It's a little disappointing, but they wouldn't be the first company to miss a deadline (especially as a startup). I'm not desperate for a replacement quadrant at the moment so I'm happy to just wait it out until someone actually gets their hands on one to test. Have you tried their press info email address from the website (av@flyhoneycomb.com)?