Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Snow...wow...you even shiver in the cockpit!

Recommended Posts

FSW has the best snowstorm depiction, I have ever seen in a flight simulator.  It is so real looking, that you actually can 'feel' the intense cold outside the cockpit.  That snow is driven...and what an absolute BLAST was it to even try to see the runway threshold on final.  The entire flight was with a sense of tension, and repressed dread!

I've seen nothing of its kind, in any other flight simulator from 1984 on....nothing of its kind.

What a blast!

Oh...and I got down safely....and started breathing again, once upon the runway.  This ROCKS!

Ses

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In my opinion, snow is the most impressive aspect when working together with TrueSky. I suppose this is also because the lighting is not fixed since the last update so you can get away with snow looking bright on the ground (actually caused by the messed up lighting) due to it's reflectivity that you can't quite get away with using standard spring/summer/autumn textures. The way the snow falls looks incredible. I actually felt cold looking at it too. Hopefully they will soon update the clouds so that they don't make all the scenery look like it is covered in snow when in other seasons :)  There is a lot of bug fixing needed but a great start.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, steve310002 said:

In my opinion, snow is the most impressive aspect when working together with TrueSky. I suppose this is also because the lighting is not fixed since the last update so you can get away with snow looking bright on the ground (actually caused by the messed up lighting) due to it's reflectivity that you can't quite get away with using standard spring/summer/autumn textures. The way the snow falls looks incredible. I actually felt cold looking at it too. Hopefully they will soon update the clouds so that they don't make all the scenery look like it is covered in snow when in other seasons :)  There is a lot of bug fixing needed but a great start.

I agree...and with all their additions, corrections, meta physic tweaks....this is going to be a totally unique sim, and the only heritage monogram, will be the three letters; ESP.  Beyond that...pretty much a stand-alone sim....nobody has weather locked down, out of the box, like FSW has...rain and snow play....no other sim platform currently for sale...

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, this must be a good sim. It is so unlike you to get this excited :laugh:

And yes, the videos of TrueSky in the sim are very promising. It is tempting to go ahead and grab a copy...but I'll wait a while longer to see how some of the gaping holes in content are filled.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Wow, this must be a good sim. It is so unlike you to get this excited :laugh:

And yes, the videos of TrueSky in the sim are very promising. It is tempting to go ahead and grab a copy...but I'll wait a while longer to see how some of the gaping holes in content are filled.

As I stated above, the total cost of the sim, can be justified if only for the rain or snow depictions.  The rest is coming gravy...

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

As I stated above, the total cost of the sim, can be justified if only for the rain or snow depictions.  The rest is coming gravy...

And the included missions are a bit of fun too. Brought back pleasant memories of the old FSX missions:)

Share this post


Link to post

And there are a bunch of mission's the community are making. Granted they are NOT up to the FSX and Dovetail standard's but are fun and we are learning how to make them! Almost all of us making mission's are rookie's :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Learjet777 said:

And there are a bunch of mission's the community are making. Granted they are NOT up to the FSX and Dovetail standard's but are fun and we are learning how to make them! Almost all of us making mission's are rookie's :)

Have you checked out the FSW Break community? A lot of avid mission makers in there :) 

Share this post


Link to post

I believe he is a member already.

The FSW Break group is for having fun. I like to fly GA aircraft. I'm old. I'm still learning tubeliners. But between all of that I am enjoying the multiplayer FSW Break events. Gives people a chance to chat online or text. Not to mention pointing out bugs to the devs, who by the way are listening. And the chat and text is casual, just simmers getting together. Last I looked today, we have 104 members in just + 2 weeks. If your not shy, put on the headset. If your shy, join and text. I understand it is not flying from New York to Paris with an ILS landing, that's why it is called FSW Break. Take a break once in a while. It may be also the fact that it is not the sim of your choice(I have several). But if you bought Flight School and got FSW for free, now is the time to download and give your input. Simmers from all levels just getting together. We have seasoned simmers and new simmers. Help to build the next gen. Pass on your knowledge! I know a lot of you guys over the years have learned to tweak things. Remember that feeling when it worked? Well, the new people are figuring this stuff out too. I encourage them, and hope you do also. Hope this message manages to get just one more member, and I will be happy. Google FSW Break and you can find the link, or you can find it in this forum. Hope the links didn't expire....If so. we can fix that...

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

As I stated above, the total cost of the sim, can be justified if only for the rain or snow depictions.  The rest is coming gravy...

Ha, I understand. It's not really a question of money. It's more a question of time. I don't get nearly the "play" time I used to. Most of my sim time is used for scenario based training much of which uses real world weather analysis. Once FSW includes that element, I'll definitely check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Ha, I understand. It's not really a question of money. It's more a question of time. I don't get nearly the "play" time I used to. Most of my sim time is used for scenario based training much of which uses real world weather analysis. Once FSW includes that element, I'll definitely check it out.

:)))))))))  You'll enjoy when the time is right for you!

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post

SNOW! Shivering in the cockpit ........... Bring on heat haze and shimmering mirages and good old Aussie desert flying. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this