Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate Traffic 2 and Live

I have seen a bunch of contradicting information and was hoping someone in here can help clear up a few questions regarding Ultimate Traffic 2 and Ultimate Traffic Live.  There are a bunch of threads on this so I was hoping to condense it into one to answer a few things I was uncertain of.  Thanks!

1) What is the difference between UT2 and UTL?

2) Are either compatible with V4?

- If so, is it an easy install with an installer, or is it a manual process that requires knowledge of coding, files, etc.?

3) Can you run either while online and still see the AI traffic while on Vatsim or Pilotedge?

- is there anything out there that allows you to see AI online if UT cannot?

4) Do either of these require any other software to populate airports and see liveries, particularly at high end payware airports (Flightbeam, Imaginesim, etc.)?

Thanks! 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Thanks. Seems more difficult than I'd be comfortable with.   Any idea about the other questions? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Ultimate traffic live is a native P3dv4 program and has a self installer.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

UT live still in beta version; some are lucky and don't have problem others have problem, I often had CTD so now I removed it and wait for final version.

What are the differences between V2 and Live?

How about using this while online on Vatsim, can you see the AI in that environment?  That is key for me. 

Ultimate Traffic 2 is the older program from Flight 1 which is being replaced by Ultimate Traffic Live.  Here is a statement from their sales page for UT 2 which you  should be made aware of :

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! 

Before you purchase Ultimate Traffic 2 please consider the following...There is a "soft" release of the next version of Ultimate Traffic... It is called Ultimate Traffic Live. You can buy this version now. It is not in official full release yet, but we want you to be aware of this before purchasing UT2. Please visit this post regarding Ultimate Traffic Live for more information.

I currently own and have installed UT Live into P3D v4 with an easy  installation because UT Live is made to be compatible with P3D v4.  I like the program and am not having any issues at this time (originally yes) but not now.

I fly 100 % online (VATSIM) and have no issues with UT Live injecting its own AI traffic into the sim.  I prefer to do this only when VATSIM traffic is very light (depending on time of day).  During heavy VATSIM traffic such as events or in areas like New York, etc, I prefer to kill all traffic from the sim so I can only see and have to deal with other VATSIM traffic.

I recommend buying UT Live and suggest you follow all the developer's instructions for installation.  One negative for now is a lack of manual(s) for tweaking the settings and other functions.  Personally I am happy with just having the program running its default settings and the aircraft models I see are looking pretty darned good. :biggrin:

WAT1460.png

14 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Ultimate Traffic 2 is the older program from Flight 1 which is being replaced by Ultimate Traffic Live.  Here is a statement from their sales page for UT 2 which you  should be made aware of :

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! 

Before you purchase Ultimate Traffic 2 please consider the following...There is a "soft" release of the next version of Ultimate Traffic... It is called Ultimate Traffic Live. You can buy this version now. It is not in official full release yet, but we want you to be aware of this before purchasing UT2. Please visit this post regarding Ultimate Traffic Live for more information.

I currently own and have installed UT Live into P3D v4 with an easy  installation because UT Live is made to be compatible with P3D v4.  I like the program and am not having any issues at this time (originally yes) but not now.

I fly 100 % online (VATSIM) and have no issues with UT Live injecting its own AI traffic into the sim.  I prefer to do this only when VATSIM traffic is very light (depending on time of day).  During heavy VATSIM traffic such as events or in areas like New York, etc, I prefer to kill all traffic from the sim so I can only see and have to deal with other VATSIM traffic.

I recommend buying UT Live and suggest you follow all the developer's instructions for installation.  One negative for now is a lack of manual(s) for tweaking the settings and other functions.  Personally I am happy with just having the program running its default settings and the aircraft models I see are looking pretty darned good. :biggrin:

Ok.. just so I am fully understanding your statement, when on Vatsim you are using UT live.  Does this drop in AI traffic at airports or is it just using their default textures for when you are flying near others flying on Vatsim.  Ultimately, I am looking to have an online experience with ATC, but also populated airports.  Flying into SFO and I am the only plane there kind of ruins it for me.  I'd like to fly online but have traffic visible on the ground and if I notice something on take off or landing, I can clear the traffic.  Is that what you mean? 

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. just so I am fully understanding your statement, when on Vatsim you are using UT live.  Does this drop in AI traffic at airports or is it just using their default textures for when you are flying near others flying on Vatsim.  Ultimately, I am looking to have an online experience with ATC, but also populated airports.  Flying into SFO and I am the only plane there kind of ruins it for me.  I'd like to fly online but have traffic visible on the ground and if I notice something on take off or landing, I can clear the traffic.  Is that what you mean? 

Yes, that is accurate.  Whether I am online or not,  the AI traffic is there (unless I choose to turn it off).  You can also use "quick keys" for either increasing, decreasing, or shutting off the AI traffic. :biggrin:  Also the vPilot client is really good at using the UTL models, so as long as the VATSIM user  logs in with a valid call sign and a/c model, you have no problem identifying the correct traffic.  ( I never use those stupid labels over top of the AI aircraft ) :blush:

WAT1460.png

Unless you like troubleshooting beta software, I would wait until UTL is issued in final release form. I have been with UTL since version .18 (now is .23) and never had it perform consistently. Hard to believe that it was ready for "early release". I have followed all suggestions but am now a member of the "I have uninstalled UTL until final version club". Went back to My Traffic 6.0a and it is nice to consistently have traffic. The only consistent behavior is the crashing of UTL_Client. Also, the lack of apparent progress and reports from the developer is concerning.

Regards,

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

29 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Yes, that is accurate.  Whether I am online or not,  the AI traffic is there (unless I choose to turn it off).  You can also use "quick keys" for either increasing, decreasing, or shutting off the AI traffic. :biggrin:  Also the vPilot client is really good at using the UTL models, so as long as the VATSIM user  logs in with a valid call sign and a/c model, you have no problem identifying the correct traffic.  ( I never use those stupid labels over top of the AI aircraft ) :blush:

Sweet.  Music to my ears.  Thanks!

26 minutes ago, pgde said:

Unless you like troubleshooting beta software, I would wait until UTL is issued in final release form. I have been with UTL since version .18 (now is .23) and never had it perform consistently. Hard to believe that it was ready for "early release". I have followed all suggestions but am now a member of the "I have uninstalled UTL until final version club". Went back to My Traffic 6.0a and it is nice to consistently have traffic. The only consistent behavior is the crashing of UTL_Client. Also, the lack of apparent progress and reports from the developer is concerning.

Regards,

P.

What types of issues are folks experiencing?  Many  times, particularly with aircraft, the bugs that are out I don't even notice unless they are severe. 

UT2 works fine in p3d v4.  you just need the updated models.

I use it on vatsim with my updates with zero issues.

2017-8-22_16-43-30-5.png

2017-8-22_16-44-2-663.png

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

What types of issues are folks experiencing?  Many  times, particularly with aircraft, the bugs that are out I don't even notice unless they are severe. 

I'm really not having any issues with the latest version. It works fine for my needs and I am able to easily replace aircraft and liveries in their configurator if needed as some of the UTLive repaints are outdated. My one gripe is that if you access the P3D menu the traffic will disappear and regenerate.  Not a huge deal though as I tend to not go into the menus much once I am loaded up.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

The executable file, utl_client, either crashes in the first 5 minutes or never loads. Numerous people have this problem which is unrelated to any aircraft or liveries. The crashes seem to be getting worse with each succeeding release. I am not sure they (Flight1 staff) have figured out what the problem is since the last release was on July 21. It is too bad you can't see all the posts in the Licensed User Forum for UTL complaining about this with no feedback that the problem has been identified. 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.