Sign in to follow this  
byork

Released! FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 QOTS II is now available for Download!

Hi Bryan. Today noticed the following. After landing FO asks to start the APU. If one says 'Later' and then 'Start the APU' after starting when APU is available he switches the APU GEN on, not waiting for Shutdown procedure. I dont think it is supposed to work like this. 

7 hours ago, byork said:

I don't the sky will fall if the FO puts the APU on the bus early.

Of course it wont. I am just following the procedures and reporting if something goes wrong. By the procedures switching apu gens on is shutdown procedure item. Maybe it is a bug or you missed something or maybe you are referring to the specific SOP. IMO there should have been a SOP that is exactly following the procedures written in FCOM which comes with PMDG.

Regards

2 hours ago, keight said:

Of course it wont. I am just following the procedures and reporting if something goes wrong. By the procedures switching apu gens on is shutdown procedure item. Maybe it is a bug or you missed something or maybe you are referring to the specific SOP. IMO there should have been a SOP that is exactly following the procedures written in FCOM which comes with PMDG.

Regards

It's not really a bug per se, but it's an easy thing to adjust.  It'll be in SP1.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,

7 hours ago, byork said:

Check tutorial.  That depends on the SOP.

Yes you are right, I have just checked now  the SOP2 manual and this is written FLIGHT DIRECTORS ON (CAPT SIDE FIRST, THEN FO’S SIDE). REMEMBER: CAPT TURNS
ON BOTH FD’S

But Im telling about the SOP1. CPT preflight procedure: MCP SET ( F/D SWITCH ON – AUTO THROTTLE ARM – IAS SET (SET V2 FOR PLANNED
TAKE OFF WEIGHT FROM OPERATIONAL FLIGHT PLAN – BANK LIMIT AUTO –
AUTOPILOT DISENGAGE BAR UP). 
And nothing concerning FD in FO preflight procedure flows. Considering FO sets right FD off doing shutdown flows one can assume it is his area of responsibility and he should set it on during preflight as well :)

Regards

Can anyone upload a video of this works in practice?  Cheers if so.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, keight said:

Yes you are right, I have just checked now  the SOP2 manual and this is written FLIGHT DIRECTORS ON (CAPT SIDE FIRST, THEN FO’S SIDE). REMEMBER: CAPT TURNS
ON BOTH FD’S

But Im telling about the SOP1. CPT preflight procedure: MCP SET ( F/D SWITCH ON – AUTO THROTTLE ARM – IAS SET (SET V2 FOR PLANNED
TAKE OFF WEIGHT FROM OPERATIONAL FLIGHT PLAN – BANK LIMIT AUTO –
AUTOPILOT DISENGAGE BAR UP). 
And nothing concerning FD in FO preflight procedure flows. Considering FO sets right FD off doing shutdown flows one can assume it is his area of responsibility and he should set it on during preflight as well :)

Regards

Looking at the code, the FO should turn on his flight director during his Main Panel scan during pre-flight.

Codewise the Capt's FD needs to be turned on first for this to happen, so make sure you get your FD on early.

I just spoke with my 747 consultant.

The 747 is different from the 737 in the sense there is no Master FD.

I'll update that condition in SP1.  FO in SP1 will turn on his FD even if the Capt's FD has not already been turned on.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Is the manual available for download please?

far  as  i know  it  come  with  when  you purchase  it  unless  it  has  changed,  far   as  i  see   it  runs  as  per  the ngx  reboot  so  if  you have  that  than it  will be  similar  to  that

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

far  as  i know  it  come  with  when  you purchase  it  unless  it  has  changed,  far   as  i  see   it  runs  as  per  the ngx  reboot  so  if  you have  that  than it  will be  similar  to  that

If you liked NGX Reboot, you'll like the 747.

Manual is available on line at: www.support.fs2crew.com

• Upvote 1

Fo sets TFC on during preflight but does not set to off during shutdown procedure as a result if to fly 2 legs with turnaround he presses TFC button on his EFIS actually switching it off. I think it would not be difficult to fix.