Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

What spoils this shot?

The pushback truck isn't casting a shadow.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

The pushback truck isn't casting a shadow.

I think it is actually..... that was not the answer anyway.   😊

A clue : Seen the width and position of an Il-76 nosegear.?

Landing gear located too far back.....

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Changing the brightness of the photo will confirm four wheel/tires and in the proper location directly under the entry door!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

The IL-76 carries it's own towbar as it needs an extra long towbar because the nose wheel is so far from it's nose.

That is the first clue..... secondly the fact that the width of four nose wheels precludes the use of a towbarless tractor.

To summarise, she needs a big tractor with an extra long towbar.

As you can see AES has sent an inappropriate truck (A towbarless tractor). It does this more often than not.

I have asked Oliver (AES owner) for the ability to choose which truck to use years and years ago. But he obviously feels this is not important.

FWIW The An-124 also carries it's own towbar as she has two separate nose wheels and needs a special towbar....... and NOT a towbarless tractor.

Ok these are special aircraft. But even with your run of the mill aircraft different airports use different trucks.

So the answer is: The towbarless tractor is inappropriate. The tractor is placed at the correct distance from the aircraft but as you can see there is no towbar between them.  

• Upvote 1

I was going to say that the (radar?) bulge under the bomb aimer's, I mean navigator's, position is usually more prominent, however a quick surf of the internets revealed different versions ;) . 

EDIT - as an aside I used to have crash enabled in FSX:SE and one time, without thinking, I used pushback from a ramp position which had a tractor (my airport traffic is turned down very low)..... CRASHHH! One bent Ilyushin!

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

10 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I was going to say that the (radar?) bulge under the bomb aimer's, I mean navigator's, position is usually more prominent, however a quick surf of the internets revealed different versions ;) . 

The IL-76TD-90VD is the chinless more modern version of the classic 76.

Here is an example of the classic 76 towbar ..... how cool would that be? 

How I wish AES was open source.

36801355790_dd398062af_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's heavy Russian iron and FS9, what's not to like?

19 minutes ago, sascha said:

It's heavy Russian iron and FS9, what's not to like?

The thing that is not Russian..... that damn truck.:angry:

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, edetroit said:

So the answer is: The towbarless tractor is inappropriate. The tractor is placed at the correct distance from the aircraft but as you can see there is no towbar between them.  

This probably is a relatively minor update, giving people a choice of trucks to call.

2 hours ago, sascha said:

This probably is a relatively minor update, giving people a choice of trucks to call.

Somebody Pleeeeaaase tell the developer. I have run out of patience to be able to ask civilly :mellow:

• Upvote 1

You are going to drive yourself crazy obsessing about this, it's not worth the hassle.  Last resort is to post on eastern europe's forums or the developers forum/FaceBook and make the request and see if that leverages them into designing what you want.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

\Robert Hamlich/

On 9/13/2017 at 6:55 PM, HUSSAR said:

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Oliver will not listen to me.... I have known that for years. I was interested in as to whether any other Simmers felt the way I do and if so to speak up. But it is clear that most do not care, do not know the difference between trucks or have all moved on to P3D. :laugh:

I could model the truck and bar that is not the problem. The problem is AES is the only decent pushback etc software for FS9 and it has no competition.

I will not mention it here again...... where is that dead horse emoticon.?