olspsd08

FS2Crew QW787

Recommended Posts

I may be tripped for asking this as it may have been asked but down the road....like really really far down the road after QW releases the 787. Would or could there be an FO('s) for it? They just release a pre-lim manual so the actually bird cant be far off. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Who knows...

We'd need an SDK for that plane for sure.  

It'll be super popular so we'd probably do it.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have heard QW have been incredibly hostile towards the idea of an SDK and even directly towards FS2crew. I may remember wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hansaspeed said:

From what I have heard QW have been incredibly hostile towards the idea of an SDK and even directly towards FS2crew. I may remember wrong though.

Totally wrong :-)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were hostile to FS2CREW they would be stupid. It will make their Bird sell even faster ... Who wants to fly a commercial modern airliner "alone" nowadays ? certainly not me !

Unless they have a co-pilot in their package like the aerosoft bus....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 5:25 PM, byork said:

Totally wrong :-)

That's good. It must have just been a forum member then. Let's all hold out hope :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the 787 showed up yesterday. Would it be worth waiting till its on multiple platforms before making the FS2Crew for it? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2017 at 6:35 AM, sanookBKK said:

If they were hostile to FS2CREW they would be stupid. It will make their Bird sell even faster ... Who wants to fly a commercial modern airliner "alone" nowadays ? certainly not me !

Unless they have a co-pilot in their package like the aerosoft bus....

I am in that category.  FS2Crew is actually on my checklist of requirements when shopping for new airliners to fly.  No matter how cool the airliner looks, if there is no FS2Crew for it, then I hold off from buying it.

To be honest, that's precisely the reason why I have not invested in the FSL A320 series.  At this point I'd rather fly the simpler Aerosoft bus with FS2Crew than the complex FSL bus with me flying as if i am the only living soul on the plane.  There are a few airliners currently out that I would love to have, but I won;t buy them unless we get an FS2Crew for them in the future :)  That is how highly I regard this wonderful company (FS2Crew) and their product.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faelandaea Dravin said:

To be honest, that's precisely the reason why I have not invested in the FSL A320 series.  At this point I'd rather fly the simpler Aerosoft bus with FS2Crew than the complex FSL bus with me flying as if i am the only living soul on the plane. 

You're surely missing out on something. The FSLabs A320-X is the most detailed and thoroughly simulated airliner, I've ever come across in Flight Sim. FS2Crew or not (no offense, Bryan!). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 10:46 PM, Faelandaea Dravin said:

I am in that category.  FS2Crew is actually on my checklist of requirements when shopping for new airliners to fly.  No matter how cool the airliner looks, if there is no FS2Crew for it, then I hold off from buying it.

To be honest, that's precisely the reason why I have not invested in the FSL A320 series.  At this point I'd rather fly the simpler Aerosoft bus with FS2Crew than the complex FSL bus with me flying as if i am the only living soul on the plane.  There are a few airliners currently out that I would love to have, but I won;t buy them unless we get an FS2Crew for them in the future :)  That is how highly I regard this wonderful company (FS2Crew) and their product.

Certainly not the minority, I agree completely.  Not very realistic trying to pilot a plane full of passengers solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bryan, pardon me but I don't want to waste a new topic thread. How are fs2crew products with V4.1? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard of any issues with the new 4.1 update, so I assume all is good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 11:18 AM, Anders Bermann said:

You're surely missing out on something. The FSLabs A320-X is the most detailed and thoroughly simulated airliner, I've ever come across in Flight Sim. FS2Crew or not (no offense, Bryan!). 

Sorry Anders, i also think the FSLabs A320 is very detailed and one of the best airliner around but for me flying a super hyper detailed aircraft alone kills all the realism, it is a nonsense.

I would already buy the FSLAB bus if it was FS2CREW compatible. Will never fly it "alone" as nobody never fly a jetliner alone in the reel world.

I already bought the QW 787 coz i can smell that there is a strong possibility that it will be FS2CREW compatible soon... :)

Am I wrong Bryan ? ;) ;) ;p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sanookBKK said:

Sorry Anders, i also think the FSLabs A320 is very detailed and one of the best airliner around but for me flying a super hyper detailed aircraft alone kills all the realism, it is a nonsense.

I would already buy the FSLAB bus if it was FS2CREW compatible. Will never fly it "alone" as nobody never fly a jetliner alone in the reel world.

I already bought the QW 787 coz i can smell that there is a strong possibility that it will be FS2CREW compatible soon... :)

Am I wrong Bryan ? ;) ;) ;p

the  reason there  is  no  fs2crew   out  for  the fsl  a320  is because  they havn't  released  the  sdk  out   yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sanookBKK said:

Sorry Anders, i also think the FSLabs A320 is very detailed and one of the best airliner around but for me flying a super hyper detailed aircraft alone kills all the realism, it is a nonsense.

I would already buy the FSLAB bus if it was FS2CREW compatible. Will never fly it "alone" as nobody never fly a jetliner alone in the reel world.

I already bought the QW 787 coz i can smell that there is a strong possibility that it will be FS2CREW compatible soon... :)

Am I wrong Bryan ? ;) ;) ;p

Not soon.  It's too early to tell.   Just let them finish the plane first and we'll go from there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

the  reason there  is  no  fs2crew   out  for  the fsl  a320  is because  they havn't  released  the  sdk  out   yet.

Correct... that plane is extremely complex.  And in order to do a professional job and not some thing half-baked, you need an SDK.  No way around it.

We do more than just flipping switches.  We need to pull data from the MCDU to do a professional job.

In the meantime, there's always the Aerosoft Airbus, which, while it may be not as ultra technically accurate as the FSLabs, is still very much a competent Airbus simulation.

https://www.fs2crew.com/cart/categories/Special-Airbus-Area-(2013-and-Later)/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, byork said:

Not soon.  It's too early to tell.   Just let them finish the plane first and we'll go from there!

Well i did my first QW787 flight (alone in the cockpit :nangis:)...It s a very nice bird despite a few things that need to (will) be corrected. It was a long long time since i piloted a jetliner without FS2CREW and i missed it a lot. You cannot switch many buttons and taxi or fly the plane at the same time....I really need FS2CREW for this bird to definitly join the fleet.

For sure the QW787 will be a hit es^pecially when it will be P3Dv4 ready and for sure it will be an FS2CREW hit too like the PMDG birds....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Bryan, me again....yeah eh....QW787 P3D V4.2...eh...maybe FS2Crew...pretty please? (if SDK is avail of course). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when.  We already have the SOPs written for it and we can interface directly with it without using pop up panels, etc.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bryan,

Now with Prepar3d v4 released perhaps this might be given some serious consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now