Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Aerosoft Stuttgart

..has been released! This is awesome and i´m excited because this is my home airport. I live very close to the airport. It´s very detailed but FPS friendly at the same time.

And it´s cheap. So please support Aerosoft and buy the best german airport :)

37185703192_040f39976a_h.jpg

37215113321_eb2dcc39c2_h.jpg

37215108371_3cb15e1755_h.jpg

37215104621_cf621a6d80_h.jpg

37215099601_5232ac0b21_h.jpg

37215094031_7c4f476485_h.jpg

37215091351_af3a74228b_h.jpg

37358236845_cacb7d2623_h.jpg

37358231965_c038157e16_h.jpg

37358227625_66b61a2b7b_h.jpg

37358223465_3014281fce_h.jpg

37358218355_d59b5635ea_h.jpg

• Upvote 2

Judging by given photos only - It does not look impressive, only a bit better than default scenery - just my opinion here.

• Upvote 1

Artur 

Sorry Nils, but I have to say, I'm not too impressed by this airport. It seems to pale in comparison to even freeware I've seen. I'm guessing this a conversion from an old FSX scenery (like the recent UK2000 poor conversions). I'm amazed Aerosoft are releasing things like this :/. Low quality ground textures and lazy modelling (the same garage has been used and stretched out several times), no AO on buildings, and the list goes on etc... :/

This is normally a case of a developer simply running FS2XPlane over an existing airport and then adjusting the elevations and calling the job done. I hope this practice to stop and I refuse to buy these low quality conversions. The only dews I know that did a good quality conversion was Icarus/LatinWings with KSAN.

• Upvote 3

It looks like the real thing. There are so many details, which i know, because i live there (exhibition, car parks, Real mall etc). OK, i guess i´m biased, but it´s solid work for a fair price. From Stuttgart you can fly everywhere.

Unfortunately, it´s a static aircraft. I know there should be a DHL 757 and a Fedex ATR. No UPS and at least one C-130 or a C-17. I´m simply happy to finally have EDDS in XP. I guess Tony or MisterX6 aren´t willing to create a EDDS for XP....... so.......

I would be angry if they would have called it "Stuttgart HD" or "UHD". Here are a few real pics, which i made.

I suppose it's possible to add some DHL 757's into the scenery. I did this on PilotPlus LSGG, as their own version of the airbus looked dreadful :(

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Looks OK to me except for the low resolution ground texture. Anybody knows when Aerosoft will release EDDF?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I have to agree with Tony here... 
It looks to me like Aerosoft partnered with guy named Omar Masroor recently to update/convert some of their airports for X-Plane 11. He already did some work on Dublin (EIDW), Lugano (LSZA) and now converted GAP Team Stuttgart (EDDS) for X-Plane 11. Apart from Dublin (that doesn't have up to date airport layout), Lugano and Stuttgart are medicore at best IMHO. I mean it's still better than default scenery, but overall both look bland to me. I bought nearly every payware airport scenery released for X-Plane 9/10/11 in the last 5-6 years and i'm disappointed by recent change of Aerosoft release policy. They did really good with Bergen (ENBR) or Maastricht (EHBK) for example and now they're running for easy money. Saddening :dry:
Oh, and by the way - Lugano zip file is 43 MB, Stuttgart is 36 MB - that gives you an idea what to expect. I'm not buying anything else from them unless it doesn't have "Omar" name attached to it, sorry.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Radek

Stuttgart to Berlin...let's get the show on the road...love Stuttgart!

HLJAMES

I don´t own Tegel :( Is Omar also responsible for Berlin?

1 hour ago, jt8d9a said:

I don´t own Tegel :( Is Omar also responsible for Berlin?

Nope, it's by PAD-Labs & Stairport Sceneries and is actually pretty good, i recommend it!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Radek