Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

LM Officially announces event tomorrow

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL! What for? :laugh:

What do you mean "what for?"...man grab some popcorn and enjoy the show. We have another two weeks to seriously speculate and over-hype 4.1! .............yeah, on second thought, I'm going to bed too. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Chris

17 minutes ago, EGLD said:

like this you mean?

Leap Motion

shot-747-hands.jpg

Nope, i talk about REAL buttons and switches. No fancy "Thing T. Thing"-Hands. Another, in my eyes, poor crutch for REAL switches.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Nope, i talk about REAL buttons and switches. No fancy "Thing T. Thing"-Hands. Another, in my eyes, poor crutch for REAL switches.

I think the setup Nico Lumermann has would be the pinnacle of realistic simulation of flying.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Of course the problem with "REAL" switches is that your cockpit is limited to the one aircraft type only.  I have lots of time in professional simulators as both a trainee and instructor, and truly, 95% of the game is in your head--making the decision to throw the switch is where the rubber meets the road, not actually putting your finger on it and going through the motion.  I've considered building a physical cockpit several times, and the decision not to do that always comes back to the wide variety of aircraft that can be simulated--effectively and inexpensively--by using a generic interface (mouse, VR hand controller, etc) to virtual controls on the screen.

Nothing wrong with physical controls, either, but I think many people would quickly find themselves bored blind flying the same aircraft all the time.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Nothing wrong with physical controls, either, but I think many people would quickly find themselves bored blind flying the same aircraft all the time.

Yep, that's why I fly combat sims too like FBMS.

spacer.png

Well the only thing I got out of that was that there will be rain drops on the windows of some default Aircraft in V4.1

wow, this AMA looks more like its done by DTG rather than LM. So much marketing blubber

• we want to add as many features as possible
  • we want this to be the most realistic simulation ever
  • we keep improving the platform
  • feature "X" was always on top of our priority list (even though its being asked for since years)
  • yada, yada....

Apart from the v4.1 release date and announcing that they gonna focus on VR, not much flesh on the bone here so far, a bit disappointing tbh

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Of course the problem with "REAL" switches is that your cockpit is limited to the one aircraft type only...

I've considered building a physical cockpit several times, and the decision not to do that always comes back to the wide variety of aircraft that can be simulated...

I agree. Makes perfect sense. :mellow: 

On the other hand, if I had the money...

But I don't... :bengong:

So...

Like I said, I agree and it makes perfect sense! :cool:

Kind regards,

this might shut up everyone who likes to say that its the same old engine as FSX:

"Robert: While Prepar3D was built off of the MSFS engine we have completely overhauled the engine from the ground up since we started development. From rewriting the rendering engine to support DirectX 11 to upgrading the platform to 64 bit and Unicode, the entire engine has been completely reworked and modernized."

Oct 10th isn't too bad. It's not like they said next year...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, Avidean said:

this might shut up everyone who likes to say that its the same old engine as FSX:

"Robert: While Prepar3D was built off of the MSFS engine we have completely overhauled the engine from the ground up since we started development. From rewriting the rendering engine to support DirectX 11 to upgrading the platform to 64 bit and Unicode, the entire engine has been completely reworked and modernized."

Nah, nothing will ever shut them up....

There is nothing so dead as those who simply WILL NOT breathe!

• Upvote 1

"Beau: DirectX 12 is on our minds for the long term, but we have nothing specific to announce at this time."

Here is another one:

"Adam: Hi JSilva32, Contoured/sloping runways have been the second most common request (right after 64-bit) since we started work on Prepar3D. It is something we know there is strong desire for and continue to look for ways to include it in future versions."

Seems that it must be a difficult nut to crack since it sounds like they have been looking at it from the start.

The runway slope issue would be awesome if dealt with.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The runway slope issue would be awesome if dealt with.

I wonder how ORBX addressed this with their sloped ENHF scenery. Seems real enough.