Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Prepar3D v4.1 add-on compatibility

Literally, just making me so tired thinking about all the reinstalling. I think I'm going to go to bed.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Shrug..... I only updated the client, and everything seems to be working fine......

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

giphy.gif

mrw-the-laxative-effect-in-coffee-kicks-

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

1 hour ago, tooting said:

I just did client and and content..

ps.. Love your videos Vince, we often put them on our big TV screens in our OPS room if its quiet.  you get quite an audience some nights !!

Yes, same here and everything is fine! 

And wow, that is very humbling to hear Pete! Thank you very much.

Vincent

Getting AS16 connect errors after running the AS16 hot fix 100117...anyone else?

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Getting AS16 connect errors after running the AS16 hot fix 100117...anyone else?

fine here Chris. did you run as admin as needs to installed the asconnect files

14ppkc-6.png

37 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Literally, just making me so tired thinking about all the reinstalling. I think I'm going to go to bed.

its a 15 minute job to uninstall and reinstall the client and content

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

fine here Chris. did you run as admit as needs to installed the asconnect files

Yep, ran the update as admin with a/v disabled, running the app itself as admin with a/v disabled.

After removing and installing the new P3Dv4 client, do I need to then go and reinstall sim connect files or something?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Yep, ran the update as admin with a/v disabled, running the app itself as admin with a/v disabled.

After removing and installing the new P3Dv4 client, do I need to then go and reinstall sim connect files or something?

i didnt need too, did you do content as well as client ?

14ppkc-6.png

My apologies, but I'm quite confused. I see some doing just the content, some doing content and client, and some with a full reinstall. From what I've read, software makers usually do NOT want you to do a full reinstall (with some exceptions). So what is the right thing to do? I've planned on doing client, content and scenery. I'm not using VR. I would like to fly the latest version and have my .xml scenery files load up without having to do that process (xml scenery insertion) over again. Is there a consensus on what one should do?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

18 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Only the client.

DO THE CONTENT AS WELL.

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

My apologies, but I'm quite confused. I see some doing just the content, some doing content and client, and some with a full reinstall. From what I've read, software makers usually do NOT want you to do a full reinstall (with some exceptions). So what is the right thing to do? I've planned on doing client, content and scenery. I'm not using VR. I would like to fly the latest version and have my .xml scenery files load up without having to do that process (xml scenery insertion) over again. Is there a consensus on what one should do?

Thanks.

I would do client and content.  Simple.  but no one is going to agree on this.  Everyone is going to have there own opinion

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

DO THE CONTENT AS WELL.

Oh that's not gonna happen, brother, until someone over at HiFi says I need to.

That's a major undertakin I have no interest in.

spacer.png

Just now, Boomer said:

Oh that's not gonna happen, brother, until someone over at HiFi says I need to.

That's a major undertakin I have no interest in.

Chris it takes 10 mins max... whats the issue ?

14ppkc-6.png