vc10man

CTD for no reason

40 posts in this topic

Twice I now have had a CTD that EventVwr cannot point what is causing a CTD.

Windows 10 Pro/ 4.2Ghz/GTX970/16Gb RAM

P3Dv4.1/PMDG 737-600/ASN/Little NavMap Night flying, then all of a sudden. Zap, CTD. Luckily I have FSUIPC which I have not updated to 4.1.Could that be a cause?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Twice I now have had a CTD that EventVwr cannot point what is causing a CTD.

Windows 10 Pro/ 4.2Ghz/GTX970/16Gb RAM

P3Dv4.1/PMDG 737-600/ASN/Little NavMap Night flying, then all of a sudden. Zap, CTD. Luckily I have FSUIPC which I have not updated to 4.1.Could that be a cause?

I have experienced yesterday a couple of CTD like this after opening and closing Prepar3D v4.1 multiple times, I suspect due to the fact that not all my add-on's were upgraded, the only fix to continue using PD3V4 was rebooting the PC.

If you check your task manager you will notice Prepard3D.exe is running in the background.

You should update all add-on's to guarantee stability of the simulator.

Simbol 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Simbol. I have the latest PMDG 737NGX, latest P3Dv4.1, latest stable Nvidia drivers, latest Orbx Europe, and Global. Flying night time to LOWI, default.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries have a good flight! and don't forget to enjoy your sim experience.

Simbol 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did it just dissappear from your screen?? Ie...

  No spinning cursor and no box advising the crash??  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tooting said:

Did it just dissappear from your screen?? Ie...

  No spinning cursor and no box advising the crash??  

 

Yep. Just like that. One minute I am at CL35k, just surfing here meanwhile as there is nothing to look at in the night, monitoring my progress in Little NavMap,........all of a sudden. the sim shuts down. Immediately looked at Event Vwr---zilch there. Head scratch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here we go... My personal theory on these disappearing sim sessions,  it's a simconnect issue... Either too much going down the pipe or a conflict of things going down the pipe. Now because you havnt got an dll causing it all the developers will claim it's not their product.  So your in no man's land with it. But one of your addons is causing it you've not the painful case of elimination.  What addons are you using exactly that use simconnect.  Are you using ultimate traffic?? 

Are you using fsrealtime? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vc10man said:

all of a sudden. the sim shuts down. Immediately looked at Event Vwr---zilch there. Head scratch

Hi Rick,

In the Event Viewer, are you looking at Custom Views, Administrative Events?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Hi Rick,

In the Event Viewer, are you looking at Custom Views, Administrative Events?

Hi Jim

Yes, I am familiar with EventVwr, so that is precisely where I look in and the time the CTD happens. I've been trying to find a Windows 10 version of AppCrash View but can only find a Windows 7 version. I'd like to try your Process Monitor but am not sure how to use it.

The intriguing part was after the FSUIPC-created auto-save, I was able to pick up the flight at the point it CTD'd and carry on the flight to LOWI. I do not have anything fully right, as I realise mine is not as powerful a system as others.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tooting said:

So here we go... My personal theory on these disappearing sim sessions,  it's a simconnect issue... Either too much going down the pipe or a conflict of things going down the pipe. Now because you havnt got an dll causing it all the developers will claim it's not their product.  So your in no man's land with it. But one of your addons is causing it you've not the painful case of elimination.  What addons are you using exactly that use simconnect.  Are you using ultimate traffic?? 

Are you using fsrealtime? 

No Ultimate Traffic but MT6, at less than 19%. And no FSRealtime. Just Orbx EU:England, then default right up to LOWI. CTD occurred 133nm from TOD over Europe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vc10man said:

P3Dv4.1/PMDG 737-600/ASN/Little NavMap Night flying, then all of a sudden. Zap, CTD. Luckily I have FSUIPC which I have not updated to 4.1.Could that be a cause?

ASN and AS2016 are not P3Dv4 compatible--you need ASP4.  And yes, FSUIPC needs to be compatible with the P3D version you're flying, as it hooks into the program's internals, which change with each new version.  V5.121b is the first P3D V4.1 compatible version.

Regards

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had one today just as described... flying, then P3DV4.1 closed in a second with no error called out.  Everything updated.  Also, I updated Content, Scenery and Client files for P3DV4.1.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, w6kd said:

ASN and AS2016 are not P3Dv4 compatible--you need ASP4.  And yes, FSUIPC needs to be compatible with the P3D version you're flying, as it hooks into the program's internals, which change with each new version.  V5.121b is the first P3D V4.1 compatible version.

Regards

 

I use the latest P3Dv4-compatibe AS,maybe not the ASN, which I did use in FSX, but then upgraded to the P3Dv4 version, so well may be ASP4. IT works flawlessly in P3Dv4 as has been the case until the latest P3Dv4 update. Likewise with FSUIPC, it is the latest version from Pete's site.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Had one today just as described... flying, then P3DV4.1 closed in a second with no error called out.  Everything updated.  Also, I updated Content, Scenery and Client files for P3DV4.1.

 

Thank heavens you too had that,Dave, as I was beginning to think it was me only,doing something drastically erroneous. And I have followed the same update path as you have.

I could understand if I had all sliders to max, was running autogen to max, was running high-demand sceneries. But none of that. I realise the limitations of my current system(waiting for Kaby Lake CPU prices to tumble & a Black Friday sale on a 1080Ti),so accordingly play safe. As long as I can get one of my add-on planes up in the air and down, I'm satisfied. No eye-candy for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Had one today just as described... flying, then P3DV4.1 closed in a second with no error called out.  Everything updated.  Also, I updated Content, Scenery and Client files for P3DV4.1.

 

Dave do you use mytraffic? 

Dave where you flying the 737??

Also are you both running P3Dv4 as admin?

Where do you get the ctd Dave..

Ive had these before alot and its a simconnect issue,  I'm convinced of it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now