Sign in to follow this  
Britfrog

where have all the grey beards gone?? (experienced simmers)

Bloody kids, come in 'ere with their mobile phones and 'apps' and not looking where they're going. Where ARE they going anyway? They look pretty aimless to me.

Oh. Did I write that down? 🙁

While I'm at it, don't you just love those quiz shows when a 20 something get a question about Henry VIII. 'Sorry, that was before my time' Everything was before your time dagnabbit!

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

13 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

Who let the kid in? 50 !

LOL

Sue

You're just a kid, right, Sue?  And Ray doesn't  look a day over 55!  🤔

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 7/23/2020 at 5:28 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Bloody kids, come in 'ere with their mobile phones and 'apps' and not looking where they're going. Where ARE they going anyway? They look pretty aimless to me.

Ha! Reminds me of the Monty Python gangs of little ol' ladies bit

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Where do I sign up! LOL Little old lady bikers- my kind of gals!

Sue

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 8:21 AM, Penzoil3 said:

Who let the kid in? 50 !

LOL

Sue

I an pleased to say I am younger than that. Hope you old-timers are keeping well. 🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

lol, I'm still here, armed with my trusty FS2004!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 7/21/2018 at 1:17 AM, Ron Attwood said:

I love how it's expected that you started with some archaic P.O.S. if you're over a predetermined age, to be considered a 'greybeard'.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:30 AM, PopsBellNC said:

You're right, Ron - FSX is 12 years old this October! Anyone simming that long is a grey beard. 😉

Haha!
My archaic P.O.S. that I started with was this: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=184643&d=1448261045

Which is well over 12 years ago. In fact, it's nearly a quarter of a century ago - bloody hell, where'd all that time go?!

Yet, I'm not old enough to be eligible for membership of this thread by some distance. Just wanted to say some of us 'youngsters' appreciate the wisdom, wit and 'word not allowed' that you "grey beards" bring to the forums.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

For my first flight sim, we used a Digital DECwriter with a 300baud modem.  In the afternoon's, (via our school), we could call into a local corporation's host system.  They allowed an educational timeshare of their resources.  We'd play a game where via command line, you were presented the distance from a carrier.  So at each measured step, you'd have to update your speed, altitude, etc... took forever to land, (just waiting for that DECwriter to finish it's printing).   But at that moment in time, it was a lot of fun!  😄

Edited by javelina

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control